Ms. Afroza Sultana
Department of Food Processing & Engineering,
Faculty of Food Science and Technology,
Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University
Afroza Sultana has completed B.Sc. and MS in Food Engineering from the department of Food Technology and Rural Industries, Bangladesh Agricultural University.
She has joined as a lecturer in the dept. of Food Processing and Engineering, CVASU in January, 2013. Now she holds the position of Assistant Professor in the same department.
Receiving the prestigious Japan Govt. Scholarship (Monbukagakusho: MEXT Scholarship, 2015), currently she is conducting her Doctoral course in Food Engineering lab, United Graduate School of Agriculture, Ehime University under the affiliation of Kagawa University.
1) (2014)A. Sultana, M. R. T. Rahman, M. Islam, M. Rahman, M. A. Alim, Evaluation of quality of Chapaties enriched with jackfruit seed flour and bengal gram flour, IOSR Journal of Environmental Science, Toxicology and Food Technology, 8(5), 73-78.
2) (2014)R. Parvin, A. Sultana, M. A. Zahid, Detection of heavy metals in vegetables cultivated in different locations in Chittagong, Bangladesh, IOSR Journal of Environmental Science, Toxicology and Food Technology, 8(4), 58-63.
3) (2014)M. R. T. Rahman, Z. Lou, R. Thabit, A. Sultana, Novel Formulation, Preparation and Quality Evaluation of Sweet Gourd ketchup, International Journal of Chemical and Biological Science, 1(4), 12-28.
4) (2014)K. C. Dey, R. Begum, M. R. T. Rahman, A. Sultana, S. Akter, R. J. Janny, Development of fruit juice yogurt by utilization of jackfruit juice: a preliminary study on sensory evaluation, chemical composition and microbial analysis, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT), 3(4), 1074-1079.
5) (2013)J. S. Jothi, A. Sultana, M. B. Monju, M. Shams-Ud-Din, Utilization of gluten-free composite flour in sweet biscuits: Physico-chemical and organoleptic properties, Journal of Agricultural Engineering, 41(1), 55-64.
Afroza Sultana finds her interest in the field of food engineering, food processing, post-harvest technology. In particular:
- Study about emulsion and its physical characteristics
- Preparation of spray dried powder and different analysis of the powder
- Encapsulation of different types of flavor in various wall materials
- Encapsulation of fish oil by freeze drying, spray drying or vacuum drying
- Encapsulation of active materials in yeast or lactic acid bacteria
FFE-102, Fundamentals of Food Engineering (Theory and Practical)
TFP-201, Technology of Food Preservation (Practical)
BCT-202, Baking and Confectionary Technology (Theory and Practical)
FBT-301, Food Biotechnology (Theory and Practical)
FSF-301, Fish and Seafood Technology (Theory and Practical)
TFV-301, Technology of Fruits & Vegetable Products (Practical)