Dr. Ashutosh Das
Department of Genetics and Animal Breeding,
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine,
TelePhone: +88 031659093 Ext-174(Off)
Mobile: +88 01675725800
Fax: +88 031659620
Dr. Ashutosh Das received his Ph.D in Genetics degree from the Aarhus University, Denmark and Master of Science (MS) degree in Animal Breeding and Genetics from the Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Bangladesh. Dr. Das also completed DVM (Doctor of Veterinary Medicine) degree from the University of Chittagong under the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine (Former Chittagong Govt. Veterinary College).
He joined as a Lecturer in the Department of Genetics and Animal Breeding, CVASU in 2008 and served as an Assistant Professor from 2011 until 2015. Currently, he holds a position of Associate Professor in the Department of Genetics and Animal Breeding, CVASU. His research interests are in the areas of Functional Genomics, Bioinformatics and Molecular Genetics.
Dr. Das has a track record for high-quality research as evidenced by publications in top journals such as BMC Genomics, Journal of Animal Science, Emerging Infectious Diseases, Epidemiology and Infection, Transboundary and Emerging Diseases and Veterinary Record. See CV.
|1. A. Das, F. Panitz, V. R. Gregersen, C. Bendixen and L.-E. Holm. 2015. Deep sequencing of Danish Holstein dairy cattle for variants detection and insight into potential loss-of-function variants in protein coding genes. BMC Genomics. 16 :1043.
2. H. P. Bertelsen, V.R. Gregersen, N. Poulsen, R. O. Nielsen, A. Das, et al. 2016. Detection of genetic variation affecting milk coagulation properties in Danish Holstein dairy cattle by analyses of pooled whole-genome sequences from phenotypically extreme samples (pool-seq)1. Journal of Animal Science. 94:1365–1376.
|3. M. Das Gupta, A. Das, M. Z. Islam and P. K. Biswas.2016. Prevalence of sorbitol non-fermenting Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli in Black Bengal goats on smallholdings. Epidemiology and Infection. 140:2501-2508
Articles Published in Proceedings of the Conferences/Workshops
1) L.-E. Holm, A. Das, J. Momeni, F. Panitz, C. Bendixen and E. Eythorsdottir. 2014. Characterization of genetic variation in Icelandic Cattle. In Proceedings, 10th World Congress of Genetics Applied to Livestock Production. Vancouver, BC, Canada.
2) A. Das, F. Panitz and L.-E. Holm. 2014. Identification and annotation of genetic variants (SNP/Indel) in Danish Jutland Cattle. In Proceedings, 10th World Congress of Genetics Applied to Livestock Production. Vancouver, BC, Canada.
3) M. Das Gupta, A. Das, M.Z. Islam and P.K. Biswas. 2015, ‘Isolation of sorbitol non-fermentingincluding shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli from Black Bengal goat in Bangladesh’,ABSTRACT BOOK 8th One Health Bangladesh Conference, Dhaka, Bangladesh, pp.51.
4) M. K. I. Khan, G. Miah, M. J. Khatun and A Das. Study on the economic and genetic evaluations of Red Chittagong Cattle for further genetic improvement. Proceedings of the Annual Research Review Workshop 2009-2010, Bangladesh Livestock Research Institute (BLRI), June 2011, pp: 18-32.
5) P.K. Biswas, J. P. Christensen, S.S.U. Ahmed, H. Barua, A. Das, M. H. Rahman, M. Giasuddin, A.S.M.A. Hannan, M. A. Habib, A. Ahad, A.S.M.A. Rahman, R. Faruque and N.C. Debnath. A descriptive epidemiology of avian influenza outbreaks in chickens in Bangladesh. Proceedings of the Sixth Annual Scientific Conference, Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University at Chittagong, Bangladesh, March 2008, 151-177.
AGN 201 : Animal Genetics
ABT 402 : Animal Biotechnology
GNT 601: Genetics
MGN 602: Molecular Genetics