Directorate of Research & Extension
The directorate of research and extension was established in 2007 and it mandated by the Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (CVASU) to manage, co-ordinate, promote and facilitate research and extension activities. It is headed by the Director of Research and Extension.
Research and extension are two of the three traditional functions of a University, the third one being instruction. The CVASU strive for excellence in these areas by its progressive expansion of the scientific and technological knowledge for the improvement of the quality of life of the people.
- There are different types of research such as basic, adaptive, applied and frontier is operating under this directorate.
- The research and extension priorities of CVASU are in line with its vision to sustain its operational mandate towards national integration and greater contribution to the national agenda on food security, food safety, poverty alleviation, rapid economic growth for people, diseases control and prevention emerging and reemerging diseases of animals.
- Disseminate research findings to the scientific and industrial communities.
- Develop appropriate technological innovations towards industrial development.
- Productively participate in priority extension and outreach activities.
- Promote and facilitate partnerships, networking and collaborations with other institutions, industry and organizations.
- The scope of the CVASU research and extension activities based on it’s scientific and public demand of the country.
- The resources are from different sources such as University Grants Commissions of Bangladesh, revenue budget from CVASU and different organizations from home and abroad.