Dr. A. K. M. Humayun Kober
Department of Dairy and Poultry Science,
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine,
Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University
A. K. M. Humayun Kober received the B.Sc.in Animal Husbandry and M. S. in Dairy Sciencefrom Bangladesh Agriculture University, Mymensingh, Bangladesh, and the Ph.D. degree from the Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Japan. He has been doing JSPS Post-doctoral study on Food immunology (Immunological functional dairy food) in Tohoku University, Japan.
He joined as a Lecturer in the Department of Dairy & Poultry Science (DPS), CVASU in 2001 and served as an Assistant Professor from 2003 until 2011 and an Associate Professor from 2011 until 2015. Currently, he holds a position of Professor in the Department of DPS, CVASU. He published many scientific articles in reputed journals such as Beneficial Microbes, Journal of Poultry Science. He has immense interest to work on Food immunology particularly anti-adipogenic and anti-inflammatory activities of immunoregulatory probiotics (immunobiotics) by using porcine intramuscular adipocytes. He received several prestigious national and international awards during his academic career.Furthermore he presented his research works in reputedSocietysuch as Canadian Society of Microbiologists, Japanese Society of Animal Science.
1) Kobayashi, H, L,Albarracin, N, Sato, P,Kanmani, Kober, AKMH, W, Ikeda-Ohtsubo, ……. T, Saito, J,Villena, and H,Kitazawa(2016).Modulation of porcine intestinal epitheliocytesimmunetranscriptome response by Lactobacillus jensenii TL2937: finding new biomarkers for the selection of anti-inflammatory immunobiotics.Beneficial Microbes (in press).
2) Kober, AKMH, Bari, MS,Morshed, S and Momin,MM, Evaluation of nutritional quality, contamination, adulteration and preservative quality of different sources of milk. Bangladesh Journal of Veterinary and Animal Sciences. 2015. In-press.
3) Debnath, GK, Kober, AKMH, Chanda, T, Chanda, GC and Bari, MSA, Comparative study on the quality of available brand and non brand fluid milk consumed by the people of Chittagong City of Bangladesh. International Journal of Natural Sciences,4 (1), 16- 20, 2014.
4) Kober, AKMH, Bari, MS, Nath, BK and Chakma, J, Small scale dairy cattle management in hilly district of Bangladesh. Advances in Agriculture, Sciences and Engineering Research,4 (1), 1445-1452, 2014.
5) Bari, M.S., Kober, AKMH, Islam MM and Torab, A, Nutritional quality of ripened jackfruit (Artocarpusheterophillus) of Bangladesh. Advances in Agriculture, Sciences and Engineering Research,3 (11), 1258 -1262, 2013.
6) Kober,AKMH, Aoyama, M and Sugita, S, Immunohistochemical study of TH, DBH, and PNMT in the adrenal gland of the jungle crows (Corvusmacrorhynchos). Bangladesh Journal of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, 2 (1& 2), 32-36, 2013.
7) Kober,AKMH, Aoyama, M and Sugita, S,Morphological and histological studies on the adrenal gland of the chicken (Gallus domesticus). Journal of Poultry Science,49, 39 - 45, January, 2012.
8) Kober,AKMH, Matsuda,Y, Aoyama, M and Sugita, S, Morphological and immunohistochemical studies of the adrenal gland in thejungle crow (Corvusmacrorhynchos).Bulletin of the Utsunomiya University Faculty of Agriculture, 23, 1-8, 2012.
9) Kober,AKMH,Aoyama, M, Tsukahara, N and Sugita, S, The effects of acute transportation stress on the adrenal gland of the domestic chicken (Gallus domesticus). Animal Behaviour and Management, 47, 97-103, September, 2011.
10) Kober,AKMH,Aoyama, M and Sugita, S, Immunohistochemical localization of catecholamine biosynthetic enzymes in the adrenal gland of the domestic fowl (Gallus domesticus). Poultry Science, 89, 1709-1715, August, 2010.
11) Debnath, GK, Kober,AKMH,Talukder, S and Chanda, T, Microbiological quality of different types of milk in chittagong area of Bangladesh. Eco-Friendly Agricultural Journal,3, 131-133, 2010.
12) Hossain, MT and Kober,AKMH, Microbiological quality of ice cream available in Chittagong. Bangladesh Journal of Microbiology,25, 135-136, December, 2008.
13) Paul, R, Ali, MS, Islam, F, Begum, K and Kober,AKMH, Effect of phytase on calcium and phosphorus retention of chicken diet. International Journal of Animal and Fisheries Science,1, 43-48, June, 2008.
14) Kober,AKMH, Mannan, MA, Debnath, GK and Akter, S, Quality evaluation of dahi/ yogurts sold in chittagong metropolitan area inBangladesh.International Journal of Sustainable Agricultural Technology, 3, 41-46, 2007.
15) Kober,AKMH, Sikder, N and Debnath, GK, Present status and prospects of the small scale dairy farming in the selected areas of Bangladesh. Journal of Subtropical Agricultural Research and Development,5, 390-394, December, 2007.
16) Kabir, MH, Ali, MS, Islam, M, Hossain, MAandKober,AKMH, Choice feeding and broiler performance. International Journal of Sustainable Agricultural Technology,3, 61-66, December, 2007.
17) Kober,AKMH,Islam, MN and Hassan, MN, Effects of cardamom (Elettariacardamomum) as preservative of sandesh (chanasweet).The Bangladesh Veterinarian,23, 42-46, January-June, 2006.
18) Halder, N and Kober,AKMH, Nutritional content and bacteriological contamination of milk of red chittagong and Holstein-Friesian crossbred cows.The Bangladesh Veterinarian,23, 47-52, January-June, 2006.
19) Kober,AKMH, Debnath, GK, Chanda, GC, Chanda, T and Amin, MR, Economic traits of different dairy cows under village condition. Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences,6, 902-904, May, 2003.
20) Kober,AKMH, Islam, MN, and Amin, MR, Effects of cardamom on shelf life of sandesh (milk sweet) at room temperature. The Bangladesh Veterinarian,20, 64-67, January-June, 2003.
21) Debnath, GK, Kober,AKMH, Chanda, T, Hoque, MA and Halim, MA, Effects of supplementary concentrate feeding on milk production, quality and body weight change of red chittagong cows and their calves under village management condition. Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences,6, 945-947, May, 2003.
22) Kober,AKMH, Islam, MN and Debnath, GK, Physical, chemical and microbiological qualities of sandesh (milk sweet). TheBangladesh Veterinarian,19, 23-28, January-June, 2002.
23) Islam, MN, Ali, MS, Kober,AKMH, and Amin, MR, Quality of milk consumed by residential people of Bangladesh Agricultural University campus, Mymensingh. The Bangladesh Veterinarian,19, 29-33, January-June, 2002.
24) Wadud, A, Ali, MK, Kober,AKMH, Islam, MN and Debnath, GK, Physical, chemical and microbiological qualities of buffaloes milk. Bangladesh Journal of Animal Science, 31, 91-98, 2002.
25) Chanda, T, Islam, MN, Debnath, GK, Kober,AKMH, and Chanda, GC, Preparation of rosogalla from different proportionate mixture of cow’s milk and soy-milk curd. Bangladesh Journal of Animal Science,31, 99-106, 2002.
Unpublished Original Articles
1) Bari, MS, Kober, AKMH,Hoque,MA and Chanda, GC, Antimicrobial residues in milk and selected milk products of chittagong, Bangladesh. Journal ofFood Science and Technology, (Under review).
2) Roy, SMPK, Kober, AKMH, Bari, MS and Chanda, GC, Determination of the concentration of Lead, Nickel and Chromium in milk and powder milk of Bangladesh.Journal ofFood Science and Technology, (Under review).
3) Tada, A, Kober, AKMH, ….. T, Saito, J. Villena, H, Kitazawa.Long-term adipogenesis of PIP cell line: fat accumulation and inflammation, innate immunity, anti-obesity and anti-inflammatory effects of immunobiotics.Journal of Functional Foods(Summited).
4) Sato, Kober,AKMH, ….Tadao Saito, Julio Villena. Development of immunobiotic evaluation system on porcine intestinal epitheliocytes stimulated by dextran sodium sulfate(under preparation).
Conference Proceedings/Abstract/Oral/Poster Presentation
1) Kober, AKMH, Tada, A, ….. T, Saito, J. H, Kitazawa. Long term differentiation model of porcine intramuscular adipocytes for evaluating anti-adipogenic and anti-inflammatory activities of immunobiotics.Oral presentation presented in the 121thAnimal Science Congress of the Japanese Society of Animal Science, during 28-30 March 2016, Tokyo, Japan.
2) P, Kanmani, Kober, AKMH, W, Ikeda-Ohtsubo, ……. T, Saito, and H, Kitazawa Immunoregulatory activity of immunogenics on PIE cells against Ploy I:C stimulation.Oral presentation presented in the 121th Animal Science Congress of the Japanese Society of Animal Science, during 28-30 March 2016, Tokyo, Japan.
3) Tada, A, Kober, AKMH, ….. T, Saito, J. Villena, H.Innate immunity in long-term adipogenesis of PIP cell line: ligand specific activation of Toll-like receptors modulates triacylglyceride,cytokine and chemokine secretion in adipocytes. Oral presentation presented in the66th Annual Conference of the Canadian Society of Microbiologists in University of Toronto, June 12-15, 2016.
4) Kober,AKMH.Evaluating anti-adipogenic and anti-inflammatory activities of immunobiotics by using porcine intramuscular adipocytes.Oral presentation presented in the Special Seminar in University of Toronto,17 June, 2016.
5) Kober,AKMH.Overview of Bangladesh,Livestock & My Research. Oral presentation presented in the Special lecture in Tohoku University,13 August, 2016.
6) Y, Masumizu, Kober, AKMH, ….Tadao Saito, Julio Villena, Haruki Kitazawa.Isolation and Characterization of Lactobacillus plantarum MPL16: A Wakame-Utilizing Immunobiotic Strain From Swine Feces.
7) Sato, Kober,AKMH, ….Tadao Saito, Julio Villena.Development of Immunobiotic Evaluation System on Porcine Intestinal Epitheliocytes Stimulated By Dextran Sodium Sulfate.
8) Roy, SMPK,Kober,AKMHet al, Detection of heavy metals in milk and powder milk of Bangladesh Poster presentation presented in the 149th Animal Science Congress of the Bangladesh Society of Animal Science, during 9-10 Feb 2015, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
9) Kober, AKMHet al, Assessment of nutritional content, contamination, adulteration and preservative quality of different types of milk in Chittagong town for safe guarding public health, Oral presentation presented in the annual research workshop CVASU, Bangladesh during 09 November 2013, held at Chittagong Bangladesh.
10) Kober,AKMH,Immunohistochemical study of catecholamine biosynthetic enzymes in the adrenal gland of domestic and wild bird,Oral presentation presented in the special seminar in Kasetsart University (KU), during 12 November 2009, held at Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, KU, Thailand.
1) Livestock Science
2) Food Science
3) Applied Molecular Cell Biology
Market Milk Processing Technology (MMT-301), Dairy Microbiology (DMC-302).
Quality Control of Dairy Products QCD-601,Functional Dairy Ingredients FDI-601, Market Milk Production and Processing MPP-602.
Supervised 3 MS and 20 final year DVM and presently supervising 1 PhD(co-super.), and 3 MS students