Dr. ASM Golam Kibria, Born in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh on 8 September 1982. He passed his school and college education with brilliant results. In December 2007 he achieved his graduation (DVM) from Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (CVASU), Bangladesh securing first class with distinction. Later on he has awarded with Master of Science (MS) in Pharmacology form Bangladesh Agricultural University (BAU) and Master of Science (MS) in Anatomy from CVASU with excellent academic performance. He started his academic career as a lecturer, in the department of Anatomy and Histology, CVASU from June 2008. In March 2011, he got promotion as an assistant professor in the same institute. Now he is working as an associate professor from October 2016 in this department. During his PhD, he was actively engaged with the stem cells research in the department of Histology and Embryology, AfyonKocatepe University, TURKEY as a TUBITAK PhD scholar. He possesses more than twenty research articles in national and international journals. He has passion of reading books, travelling historical sites and learning cutting edge technologies in the fields of biomedicine.
|Name of examination||University /Board||Year of Passing||Length of Study||Result|
|PhD in Histology||Afyon Kocatepe University, TURKEY||2018||4 Years||CGPA: 4.00|
|Master of Science (MS) in Anatomy||Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Chittagong, Bangladesh||December 2011||1.5 Years||CGPA: 4.00 out of 4.00|
|Master of Science (MS) in Pharmacology||Bangladesh Agricultural University (BAU), Mymensing, Bangladesh||Jnue 2009||1.5 Years||CGPA: 3.906 out of 4.00|
|Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM)||Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Chittagong, Bangladesh||2005 (held in 2007)||5 Years||CGPA: 3.77 out of 4.00|
|Associate Professor||Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Chittagong, Bangladesh||24/10/2017- Present||Teaching, assessing students &supervision of students, research and tutorial scheme|
|Assistant Professor||Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Chittagong, Bangladesh||16/03/2011-23/10/2017||Do|
|Lecturer||Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Chittagong, Bangladesh||21/06/2008-15/03/2011||Do|
|Language Proficiency||Bengali- Native user
English-Proficient in listening, reading, speaking and writing
Arabic-Fair in listening, reading, speaking and writing
Turkish- Working proficiency
|Lab. skills||Handy in histological techniques (Tissue professing, Microtome handling etc.), Immunohistochemistry, Stem Cell Culture & Differentiation, ELISA, PCR, Animal experimentation etc.|
|Computer skills||Microsoft Office XP, Internet, etc.|
|Hobbies and others||Reading Newspapers, Nobel, Watching television, Internet browsing, Travelling, etc.|
1) MS in Anatomy
Title: Postnatal development of urethral passage in relation to the age of castration in Black Bengal Goat.
2) MS in Pharmacology
Title: Detection of tetracycline, ciprofloxacin and enrofloxacin residues in broilers of Chittagong district.
1) Kibria ASMG, ALTUNBAS K and YAGCI A. Research and applications of stem cells in veterinary medicine. Journal of Uludag Veterinary University, (In Press), 2016
2) Kibria ASMG, Rahman ML, Ahasan ASML, Uddin MM and Quasem MA. Effects of castration on penile and urethral development in Black Bengal Goat. Pakistan Journal of Zoology, 48 (2) : 501-506, 2016
3) Asgar A, Haque R, Khan SI, Kibria ASMG,Anower AKMM. 2013. Effects of Citric Acid, Antibiotic Growth Promoter and Probiotics on Growth Performance of Broilers. Wayamba Journal of Animal Science, 5(1): 729-735, 2013.
4) Khan MSI, Begum MR, Haque MR, Asgar MA, Islam MS, Kibria ASMG. Study on Contamination of Roadside Food by E coli and Salmonella in Chittagong City Area. Journal of Environmental Science and Natural Resources, 6(1): 11-14, 2013.
5) Shil SK, Ahasan ASML, Rahman ML, Kibria ASMG, Uddin M, Quasem MA. Studies on the Skeleton of an Indian Rock Python (Python molurusmolurus). Indian Journal of Veterinary Anatomy, 25 (1): 25-26, 2013.
6) Shil SK, Ahad A, Kibria ASMG, Shaikat AH, QuasemMAMacroanatomy of Bones of Large Frugivorous Bat (Pteropusgiganteus). Indian Journal of Veterinary Anatomy, 25 (1): 18-20, 2013.
7) Ahasan ASML, Islam MS, Kabria ASMG, Rahman ML, Hassan MM, Uddin M. Major Variation in Branches of the Abdominal Aorta in New Zealand White Rabbit (OrycotolagusCuniculus). International Journal of Natural Sciences, 2(4): 91-98, 2012.
8) Sarker MS, Prodhan MAM, Huque KS, Islam SKMA, Asgar MA, Kibria ASMG. Glucose and total protein of Red Chittagong Cattle and Local Cattle at Chittagong. Asian Journal of Biological Sciences, 4(1): 1-5, 2011.
9) Asgar MA, Haque MR, Jharna DE, Kibria ASMG, Khan MSI. Effects of dietary supplementation of citric acid, antibiotic growth promoter (Avilamycin) and probiotic (Protexin) on certain biochemical parameters of broilers. Journal of Bangladesh Society for Agricultural Science and Technology, 7(1&2):1-6, 2010.
10) Alam M, Gregory NG, Jabbar MA, Uddin MS, Kibria ASMG, Silva-Fletcher A. Skin injuries identified in cattle and water buffaloes at livestock markets in Bangladesh. Veterinary Record, 167(11): 415-419, 2010.
11) Alam MR, Gregory NG, Jabbar MA, Uddin MS, Widdicombe JP, Kibria ASMG, Khan MSI, Mannan A. Frequency of dehydration and metabolic depletion in cattle and water buffalo transported from India to a livestock market in Bangladesh. Animal Welfare, 19(3): 301-305, 2010.
12) Uddin MM, Khan MZI, Islam KN, Kibria ASMG, Adhikary GN, Parvez MNH, Basu J, Uddin MB, Rahman MM. Distribution of lymphocytes in the mucosa associated lymphoid tissues (MALT) of naturally occurring infectious bursal disease (IBD) in chicken. Pakistan Veterinary Journal, 30(2): 67-71, 2010.
13) Sikder S, Ahmed SSU, Kibria ASMG, Pallab MS, Uddin MB, Basu J, Uddin MM. Anatomical measurements for the blocking sites of paravertebral regional anesthesia in Black Bengal Doe. Bangladesh Journal of Veterinary Medicine, 8(1): 81-86, 2010.
14) Kibria ASMG, Mony TJ, Kashem MA, Elahi MF, Asgar MA. 2010. Determination of selected hemato-bichemicalparameters of broilers. International Journal of Animal and Fisheries Science, 3(6): 350-353, 2010.
15) Sarker MS, Kibria ASMG, Alam MM, Rahman ML, Khan SH. Milk marketing system of Red Chittagong Cattle breeding tract in Chittagong. Journal of Socio-economic Research and Development, 7(1): 748-753, 2010.
16) Kibria ASMG, Khokon MSI, Alam MM, Rahman ML, Sarker MS. A comparative study on prevalence of variousclinical diseases and disorders of cattle and goat in Pabna district. International Journal of Animal and Fisheries Sciences, 3(1):257-261, 2010.
17) Kibria ASMG, Awal MA, Mostofa M, Saifuddin AKM, Khan MSI. Detection of tetracycline residues in broilersof Chittagong. Journal of Environmental Science and Natural Resources, 2(2): 41-44, 2009.
18) Kibria ASMG, Awal MA, Mostofa M, Saifuddin AKM, Alam MR, Asgar MA. Detection of ciprofloxacin andenrofloxacin residues in broilers of Chittagong. International Journal of Bioresearch, 2 (12): 33-35, 2009.
1) Shil SK, Kibria ASMG, Shaikat AH, Yasin G, Khan SA. Macro anatomy of bones of large frugivorous bat (Pteropusgigantius). The 10th annual scientific conference of CVASU. Chittagong, Bangladesh. 6 March 2013.
2) Rahman ML, Kibria ASMG, Yoshida K, Maeda I, Tanaka H, Sugita S. Distribution of retinal cone photoreceptor oil droplets and identification of their carotenoids in crow (Corvusmacrohynchos). The 8th annual scientific conference of CVASU. Chittagong. Bangladesh. 23-25 September, 2010.