DR. Abdul Mannan
Sr. Veterinary Surgeon
S. A. Quadary Teaching Veterinary Hospital (SAQTVH),
Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University
Telephone : +88031659093-151
Abdul Mannan received the DVM and MS in Medicine degrees from the Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (CVASU), Chittagong, Bangladesh.
He joined as a Veterinary surgeon-2 in the SAQ Teaching Veterinary Hospital, Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (CVASU) in 2009 and has been serving as a Veterinary surgeon-1 in the same department, under the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (CVASU), Chittagong, Bangladesh. His research interests are in the areas of infectious abortive diseases of small ruminants and zoonoses.
1) Mannan A,Chowdhury SMZH, Alim MA, Islam MS and Hossain MA, 2015. Study on the prevalence of gastrointetinal parasites of economic importance in cattle in Bangladesh. Bangladesh Journal of Veterinary and Animal Siences 3: 7-14
2) Koop G, Islam MN, Rahman MM, Khatun M, Ferdous J, Sayeed MA, Islam S, Ahaduzzaman M,Akter S, Mannan A, Hassan MM, Dissanayake R, Hoque MA (2015). Risk factors and therapy for goat mastitis in a hospital-based case-control study in Bangladesh. Preventive Veterinary Medicine, 124 (2016):52-57.
3) MA Parvez, MR Faruque, BC Sutradhar, MM Rahman, AMannan and R Khatun, 2014. Clinical diseases and manifestations of goats and cattle recorded at Teaching Veterinary Hospital in Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University. Bangladesh Journal of Veterinary Medicine 12(1): 73-81.
4) B.C. Das, B.K. Nath, M.S. Pallab, A. Mannan and D. Biswas, 2012. Successful management of ventral abdominal hernia in goat: a case report. International Journal of Natural Sciences, 2(2):60-62.
5) Alam MR, Gregory NG, Jabbar MA, Uddin MS, Widdicombe JP, Kibria ASMG, Khan MSI and Mannan A. Frequency of dehydration and metabolic depletion in cattle and water buffalo transported from India to a livestock market in Bangladesh. Animal Welfare 19: 301-305. 2010.
6) Halim M A1, Kashem MA2, Mannan A3, Ahmed SSU4 and Hossain MA5, Reproductive and Productive performances of Black Bengal Goats reared by the NGO Beneficiaries under semi intensive system in Bangladesh, International Journal of Natural Sciences, Vol. 1(2): 39-43
7) M M Rahman, M R Islam, M H B Kabir, M A Mannan, S Ghosh and A Mannan (2010). Diseases and Conditions associated with death of pigeon in Bangladesh. Eco-friendly Agril. J. 3 (2):109-113.
8) Das BC, Biswas D, Hossain MF, Das S, Siddiki AZ and Mannan A (2013) A postmortem experience of Indian rock python (Python molurusmolurus) that swallowed a whole barking deer, Vet World 6(3):163-165.
9) Biswas D, Nath BK and Mannan A (2012). Weak-calf syndrome in a crossbred calf: a case report. Journal of Animal Science Advances, 2(5): 492-494.
Participation in Workshop
1) International Training workshop on Oncologic Surgery and Theriogenology” Organized by Department of Medicine and Surgery, SAQ Teaching Veterinary Hospital in collaboration with Directorate (Research and Extension) Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, held during 3 to 6 September, 2015.
2) 3rd International Training Programme on Theriogenology organized by Department of Medicine and Surgery, SAQ Teaching Veterinary Hospital in Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, held on 27 to29 April, 2015.
3) International Training Programme on Theriogenology organized by Department of Medicine and Surgery, SAQ Teaching Veterinary Hospital in collaboration with Directorate (Research and Extension) Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Khulshi, Chittagong held during 18 to 22 December, 2014.
4) “Techniques in Molecular Biology and their Application” organized by Department of Pathology and Parasitology, CVASU and Funded by HEQEP, CP: 2180 (september 22-27 , 2012)
5) “Genomics and Bioinformatics Tools used in Computational Biology” arranged by Directorate of Research and Extension, CVASU (May 29-30, 2013).
6) “Application of GPS/GIS tools for computer assisted mapping and analyses”, organized by Directorate of research and extension, CVASU (July 6-7, 2013).
7) “Developing Research communication skills and ethical considerations” organized by Directorate of Research and Extension, CVASU and sponsored by AuthorAID (December 3-5, 2013).
8) “Introducing STATA statistical software and its application” arranged by Directorate of Research and Extension, CVASU (September 17-18, 2014).
Molecular characterization of abortion causing organisms of small ruminants
Zoonotic diseases- diagnosis, impact on human health.