DR. Abdullah Al Faruq
Department of Anatomy and Histology,
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine,
Telephone: + 88-031-659093 Ext. 153 (off.)
Fax: + 88-031-659492
Mobile: +8801737116141, +8801851486878
|Name of Degree
||Grade / CGPA
|MSc in Anatomy||Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University||2015||A+ or 4.00 (Out of 4.00)|
|DVM||Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University||2013||A or 3.84 (Out of 4.00)|
Lecturer in the Department of Anatomy and Histology, Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Khulshi, Chittagong, Bangladesh, from 23 July 2017 to date.
1) Faruq, A.A., Hassan, M.M., Uddin, M.M., Rahman, M.L., Rakib, T.M., Alam, M., Islam, A., 2016. Prevalence and multidrug resistance pattern of Salmonella isolated from resident wild birds of Bangladesh. Int J One Health2, 35-41.
2) Hassan, M., Ahaduzzaman, M., Alam, M., Bari, M., Amin, K., Faruq, A.A., 2015. Antimicrobial resistance pattern against E. coli and Salmonella spp. in environmental effluents. International Journal of Natural Sciences 5, 52-58.
3) Islam, A., Nath, A.D., Islam, K., Islam, S., Chakma, S., Hossain, M.B., Faruq, A.A., Hassan, M.M., 2016. Isolation, identification and antimicrobial resistance profile of Staphylococcus aureus in Cockroaches (Periplaneta americana). Journal of Advanced Veterinary and Animal Research3, 221-228.
4) Rakib, T.M., Akter, L., Barua, S.R., Azam, N.E., Erfan, R., Islam, M.S., Faruq, A.A., Faruk, M.O., Miazi, O.F., 2016a. Effects of age, rearing system and their interaction on phenotypic characteristics in hisex brown laying hens. Scientific Journal of Veterinary Advances5, 87-96.
5) Rakib, T.M., Hasan, M.M., Faruq, A.A., Erfan, R., Barua, S.R., Hasanuzzaman, M., Siddiki, A.Z., Alam, M., 2016. Effect of Transport on Physical and Haematological Status of Cattle in Bangladesh. Journal of Animal Health and Production4, 1-9.
6) Islam, A., Saifuddin, A.,Faruq, A.A., Islam, S., Shano, S., Alam, M., Hassan, M.M., 2016. Antimicrobial residues in tissues and eggs of laying hens at Chittagong, Bangladesh. International Journal of One Health 2, 75-80.
Articles Published or Accepted in Proceedings of Conferences
1) Faruq A.A., Uddin M.M. 2017. Evaluation of Anatomical features of cervix of Black Bengal goat (Capra hircus) in view of Artificial insemination, Proceedings of the 14th Annual Scientific Conference, 01-02 April, 2017, CVASU, Chittagong.
Carrier goal and Research Interest
In line with his continued interest in the field of Veterinary Science, he would like to show his immense aspiration to become a quick learner and to prove himself as a sincere and energetic person through extensive hard work and integrity.Efficient application ofhis Anatomical knowledge regardingpoultry, small and large animaldisease diagnosis and treatment, Histopathological changes identification, topographic anatomy, Nerve blockingand Surgery is his goal.He is greatly interested to work in surgical operation, molecular biology and Multiple Ovulation and Embryo Transfer (MOET) technology for cattle industry of our country.
Extra Curricular Activities
1) Participated in Inter-university Football Tournament- 2009
2) Participated in 4th University Games (Cricket)- 2013
3) Participated in Inter-university Athletics- 2013, 2014, 2017
4) Became Annual sports runner up and 100 m sprinter winner- 2013
5) Became Badminton Champion (Intra-moral) - 2009, 2012,2013,2014, 2015
6) Became Table Tennis champion (Intra-moral)- 2012, 2013
7) Became Carom runner-up (Intra-moral)- 2014
8) Became Inter-batch Cricket tournament champion as a Captain- 2014
9) Became runner-up in Inter-floor volleyball tournament as a Captain- 2016
10) Became Inter-faculty football champion as a Captain and Rewarded for highest scorer- 2016
Membership of Professional and Other Societies
1) Member, Bangladesh Veterinary Association (BVA), from 2015 to date.
2) Member, Bangladesh Veterinary Council. (BVC) from 2015 to date. Reg. No. 4472
3) Member, Bangladesh Krisibid (Agriculturist) Institution, Bangladesh, from 2016 to date.
4) Member, Bangabondhu Krisibid parishad, Bangladesh, from 2016 to date.
1) Veterinary Gross Anatomy (GRA)-101,102
2) Veterinary Histology and Embryology (HEM)-101,102
3) Avian Anatomy (AVA)-102
4) Comparative and Neuro-anatomy (CAN)-201
5) Surgical and topographic anatomy (SUA)-302