Dr. ASM Lutful Ahasan
Department of Anatomy & Histology,
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine,
Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University
Telephone: +88 031 659093 (ext 163) (off)
Fax: +88 031 659620 (lab)
Mobile: +88 01711272196, +88 01819821760
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Dr. ASM Lutful Ahasan received the DVM from University of Chittagong and M.S. in Molecular Biology from Interuniversity Programme Molecular Biology (IPMB) organized by VrijeUniversiteit Brussels, KatholiekeUniversiteit Leuven and UniversiteitAntwerpen, Belgium, PGT from PTC+, the Netherland, and the Ph.D. degree from University of Milan, Italy under University of Milan Non-EU Citizen PhD Scholarship in 2013.He joined as a Lecturer in the Department of Anatomy and Histology, CVASU in 2003 and served as an Assistant Professor from 2008 until 2012 and an Associate Professor from 2012till to date.His research interests are in the areas of cell biology, molecular biology and immunohistochemistry. Dr. Ahasan has a strong record of research in his area as evident by receiving a number of awards and fellowships from different prestigious organizations like VLIR-UOS Scholarship (Belgium), NFP (The Netherlands) and University of Milan Non-EU Citizen PhD Scholarship (Italy).He has published many peer reviewed research articles.
1) MM Rahmanand ASML Ahasan (2007).Congenital Lateral Patellar Luxation in a Shorail Dog, Short Communication.Bangladesh Journal of Veterinary Medicine.
2) SKMA Islam, ASML Ahasan, GC Chanda, MR Alam, AKM Saifuddin, S Sultanaand MM Hassan (2007).A study on productive and reproductive traits and periparturient events of mare reared under intensive farmcondition. Bangladesh Journal of Livestock Research.
3) Review article,AMAMZ Siddiki, MB Hossain and ASML Ahasan (2007).A review on cellular prefractionation and subcellular proteomics of apicomplexan parasites. Bangladesh Journal of Veterinary Medicine.
4) MR Alam, NG Gregory, A Silva-Fletcher, AK M Saifuddin and ASML Ahasan (2007).A study of welfare issues during animal transport and slaughter in Bangladesh. The Bangladesh Veterinarian
5) MM Hassan, SKMA Islam, SA Khan, MR Alamand ASML Ahasan (2008).Arsenic toxicosis in dairy herd in chittagong, Bangladesh. International Journal of Sustainable Agricultural Technology.
6) MA Asgar, MSI Khan, SI Islam, ASMG Kibriaand ASML Ahasan (2008).A comparative study of prevalence of three selective poultry diseases in commercial layer and their antibiotic sensitivity pattern. International Journal of Animal and Fisheries Science.
7) MA Rahman, AD Gupta, MAM Prodhan, D Biswas, MYE Chowdhury, M Azizunnesa, ASML Ahasan, MM Islam, GK Debnath, MA Halim and AKMA Islam (2008).Development and operation of a planned dairy health and production management program (PDHPMP) in commercial dairying in Chittagong for better economic decision making and profitability. Proceedings of the sixth annual scientific conference (4-6 March, 2008), Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Khulshi, Chittagong, Bangladesh.
8) MA Hashem, ASML Ahasan, J Basu, MHB kabir and MM Uddin (2009).Epidemiological investigation of infectious bursal disease (IBD) at a selected area of Bangladesh.International Journal of Sustainable Agricultural Technology.
9) VMPB, ASML Ahasan, BM Goddeeris and E Cox (2010).Localization and expression of aminopeptidase N in pig gastrointestinal tract and respiratory system. Master's thesis. KatholiekeUniversiteit Leuven, Belgium
10) Mohiuddin, ML Rahman, MA Alim and ASML Ahasan (2012). Anatomical study on origin, course and distribution of cranial and caudal mesenteric arteries of White New Zealand rabbit (Oryctoculuscaniculus).International Journal of Natural Sciences. Sylhet Agricultural University. Bangladesh.
11) SKMA Islam, M Alauddin, MM Hassan, SA Khan, MR Alam, MB Hossain, ASML Ahasan, AKM Saifuddin, S Sultana, AH Shaikat, HM Tun, NC Debnathand MA Hoque (2012).Study of rural chickens for nutrition, production and health at control and household rearing in BangladeshPakistan Veterinary Journal.
12) ASMLAhasan, MS Islam, ASMG Kabria, ML Rahman, MM Hassan and M Uddin (2013).Major variation in branches of the abdominal aorta in New Zealand’s white rabbit (Orictolaguscuniculus). International Journal of Natural Sciences. Sylhet Agricultural University. Bangladesh.
13) Subrata Kumar Shil1, ASML Ahasan, ML Rahman, ASMG Kibria, M Uddin and MA Quasem.(2013).Studies on the Skeleton of an Indian Rock Python (Python molurusmolurus). Indian Journal of Veterinary Anatomy
14) SK Shil, MA Quasem, ML Rahman, ASMG Kibria, M Uddin and ASML Ahasan (2013).Macroanatomy of the bones of pelvis and hind limb of an Asian elephant (Elephusmsximus) International journal of morphology.
15) Review article, ASML Ahasan,Agazzi A, Invernizzi G, Bontempo V, and Savoini G (2016).The Beneficial Role of Probiotics in Monogastric Animal Nutrition and Health.Journal of Dairy Veterinary and Animal Research.
16) ASMG Kibria, ML Rahman, ASMLAhasan, MM Uddin and MA Quasem (2016).Effects of Castration on Penile and Urethral Development in Black Bengal Goat. Pakistan Journal of Zoology.
1) A comparative study on the ability of floatation solution to float parasitic ova /cyst.MYE Chowdhury, MMM Chowdhury, ASML Ahasan, M Atikuzzaman, and SC Basak(2000). Annual departmental poster presentation, Department of Parasitology and Pathology, Chittagong Government Veterinary College (CGVC), Chittagong, Bangladesh. Seventh BSVER (Bangladesh Society for Veterinary Education and Research) Annual Scientific Conference.
2) A novel approach to control cattle tick, Boophilusmicroplus.MAtikuzzaman, MMM Chowdhury, ASML Ahasan, MYE Chowdhury and SC Basak(2000). Annual departmental poster presentation, Department of Parasitology and Pathology, Chittagong Government Veterinary College (CGVC), Chittagong, Bangladesh. Seventh BSVER (Bangladesh Society for Veterinary Education and Research) Annual Scientific Conference.
3) Existing status of the family poultry production performance and evaluation of nutrients in the crop and blood of Fayoumi and deshi chickens in intensive and semi-scavenging rearing system.SKMA Islam, ASML Ahasan, MA Hoque, MR Alam, AKM Saifuddin, SA Khan and MM Hasan (2007). Department of Physiology, Biochemistry and Pharmacology, Department of Anatomy and Histology,Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Khulshi, Chittagong, Bangladesh. Thirteenth BSVER (Bangladesh Society for Veterinary Education and Research) Annual Scientific Conference.
4) Development and operation of a planned dairy health and production management program in commercial dairying in Chittagong for better economic decision making and profitability.MA Rahman, AD Gupta, MAM Prodhan, D Biswas, MYE Chowdhury, M Azizunnesa, ASML Ahasan, MM Islam, GK Debnath and MA Halim (2008).Department of Medicine and Surgery, Department of Anatomy and Histology, Department of General Animal Science and Animal Nutrition, Department of Dairy and Poultry Science and Department of Basic and Social Science Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Khulshi, Chittagong, Bangladesh. Sixth Annual Scientific Conference of CVASU.
5) Effects of SOD-rich melon on inflammation, oxidative status and performance of challenged piglets.ASML Ahasan, A Agazzi, F Barbé, G Invernizzi, F Bellagamba, C Lecchi, G Pastorelli, V Dell’Orto and G Savoini (EAPP book of abstracts) (2015). Book of Abstracts of the 66th Annual Meeting of the European Federation of Animal Science, Warsaw, Poland, 31 August - 4 September 2015 Wageningen, Wageningen Academic Publishers.
Professional and Training Courses Attended
1) Twenty days long course “First International Surgical Technical Training Programme”Organized by Commonwealth Veterinary Association at Chittagong Government Veterinary College (CGVC), Bangladesh. From 16.06. 2001- 06.07. 2001.
2) One month long course “Clinical Training”as a part of Internship programme at Madras Veterinary College, Chennai, India. From 01.05.2002- 31.05. 2002.
3) Twelve-day long course “Introductory Course on Qualitative Research Methodology”Organized by International Centre for Diarrheal Research (ICDDRB), Bangladesh. From 03.06.2012-14.06.2012.
4) Four days long theoretical course” RNA structure and function” organized by International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, Trieste, Italy. From 14.04.2014-17.04.2014.
5) Four days long theoretical course “Mouse genetics: Models for human diseases” organized by International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, Trieste, Italy. From 16.03.2015-19.03.2015.
6) Two days long course “The essential electronic agricultural library (TEEAL)” organized by Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Bangladesh. From 24.02.2016-25.02.2016.
Veterinary Gross Anatomy I and II
Veterinary Histology and Embryology I and II
Comparative and Neuroanatomy (Practical)
Surgical Anatomy (Practical)
Cell Biology and Veterinary Histology