Babu Kanti Nath obtained his Doctor of Veterinary Medicine Degree in 2008 (held in 2010) from Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (CVASU), Bangladesh. He also obtained degree of MS in Medicine under the Department of Medicine and Surgery and MS in Poultry Science under the Department of Dairy and Poultry Science from same university. He joined as a Lecturer in the Department of Dairy and Poultry Science in January 2013. Now, he holds a position of Assistant professor from 2015 to till. He published twelve scientific articles in national and international peer-reviewed journals. He has immense interest to work on use of alternative feed ingredients and probiotics supplementation in broiler ration.
1) Biswas P K, Giasuddin M, Nath B K, Islam M Z, Debnath N C, and Yamage M (2015). Biosecurity and Circulation of Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza Virus H5N1 in Live Bird Markets in Bangladesh, 2012. Transboundary and Emerging Diseases. Published online, doi:10.1111/tbed.12454.
2) Nath B K, Hossain M A, Bari M S, Barua M, Islam K, Chanda G C (2016). Growth performance and Serum biochemical responses of commercial broilers fed diets containing Rubber seed and Yeast. Asian Journal of Poultry Science, 10: 96-103
3) Nath B K, Das B C, Bari M Sand Rahman M A(2014). Prevalence and Risk Factors of Repeat Breeding in Commercial Dairy Farms of Chittagong District of Bangladesh. International Journal of Natural Sciences, 4 (1): 21-27.
4) Hossain M I, Nath B K, Prodhan M A M (2014). Determination of the serum antibody level of different age groups of broiler chicken against Infectious Bursal Disease (IBD). International Journal of Natural Sciences, 4 (2): 22-27.
5) Kober A K M H, Bari M S, NathB K and Chakma J (2014). Small scale dairy cattle management in hilly district of Bangladesh. Advances in Agriculture, Sciences and Engineering Research, 4 (1).
6) Das B C, Das S, Nath B K, Parvez M A, Hossain S (2014). Post Mortem Examination of Barn owl in Bangladesh- A first case report. International Journal of Natural Sciences, 4(2): 34-37.
7) Das S, Nath B K, Alim M A, Sikder S and Pallab M S (2013). Acanthomatousameloblastoma in a female Spitz dog with rare atypical histomorphology, a case study. Veterinary World, 6(4): 219-222.
8) Das B C, Nath B K, Pallab M S, Mannan A and Biswas D (2012). Successful management of ventral abdominal hernia in goat: a case report. International Journal of Natural Sciences, 2(2): 60-62.
9) Biswas D and Nath B K (2012). Weak-calf syndrome in a crossbred calf: a case report. Journal of Animal Science Advances, 2(5): 492-494.
10) Shil S K, Shaikat A H, Nath B K, Khan M F H and Khan S A (2012). Hemato-biochemical profile in lactating cows and their calves. Journal of Bangladesh Society of Agricultural Science and Technology, 9(1&2): 41-44.
11) Nath B K, Roy K, Shaikat A H and Shil S K (2011). A Study on Prevalence and Pathological Effects of Intestinal Helminths in Black Bengal Goat in Chittagong. YYU VeterinerFakultesiDergisi, 22 (3): 139- 142.
12) Noman M A, Shaikat A H, Nath B K andShil S K,Hossain M B (2011). Incidence and modulating effects of environmental factors on infectious diseases of Black Bengal goat in Cox’s Bazar district of Bangladesh. YYU VeterinerFakultesiDergisi. 22 (3):163 – 167.
To explore alternative sources of feed ingredients which are not utilized as animal or poultry feed.
Introduce the yeast culture and probiotics as an alternative to antibiotic-based drugs in feed for chicks.
To produce the least cost ration for the broiler.
To develop an integrated management system in poultry industry to enhance the production of egg and meat.
Poultry Production (PPR-202)
Breeder and Hatchery management (BHM-301)
Poultry Products Tecnology (PPT-401)
Parent Stock and Commercial Broiler Management (PCB-602)
Ducks and Specialized Fowl Production (DSF-601)
Hatchery Operation & Management (HMT-602)
Poultry Processing and Products Tecnology (PPT-601)