Dr. Kh. Nurul Islam
Department of Anatomy & Histology,
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine,
Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University
|Name of Institution||Name of Examination/Degree||Division/Class||Year of Obtaining Certificate or Degree|
|University Putra Malaysia, Malaysia||Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)||2013|
|Bangladesh Agricultural University||Master of Science (M.S) (Major in Developmental Anatomy ( Histology Branch)||First Class||1997 January- 1999 January|
|Bangladesh Agricultural University||Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM)||2nd Class||1987-1990|
1) Method of producing calcium carbonate nanoparticles from sea shells. Patent pending no: PI 2011001962 (2011)
2) Cockle Shells Based Nanocomposite Biomaterial Bone Paste. Patent pending no: PI 2013001701(2013)
Journals (Citation indexed journals)
1) Kh. Nurul Islam, Md. Eaqub Ali, Md. Zuki Bin Abu Bakar, M.Y. Loqman, Aminul Islam Md. Saiful Islam ,Md Mahfujur Rahman, Mahbub Ullah (2013). A novel catalytic method for the synthesis of spherical aragonite nanoparticles from cockle shells. Powder Technology, 246, 434- 440 [IF-2.024]
2) Nurul Islam, Md Zuki Bin Abu Bakar , Md. Eaqub Ali, Mohd Zobir Bin Hussein ,Mustapha M. Noordin, M.Y. Loqman, Gous Miah, Hanif Wahid, Uda Hashim (2013). A novel method for the synthesis of calcium carbonates (aragonite) nanoparticles from cockle shells. Powder Technology(Elsevier), 235,70-75 [IF-2.024]
3) Kh. Nurul Islam,A. B. Z. Zuki,1, 2 M. E. Ali,3 Mohd Zobir Bin Hussein,4 M. M. Noordin,5 (2012).Facile Synthesis of Calcium Carbonate Nanoparticles from Cockle Shells. Journal of Nanomaterials, 2012, 1 [IF-1.547]
4) Kh. Nurul Islam, Md Zuki Bin Abu Baka,, Mustapha M. Noordin, Mohd Zobir Bin Hussein Norshazlirah Shazlyn Bte Abd Rahman, Md. Eaqub Ali2011). Characterisation of calcium carbonate and its polymorphs from cockle shells (Anadara granosa). PowderTechnology,213, 188-191.[IF-2.024]
5) Miah, G., Rafii, M. Y., Ismail, M. R., Puteh A. B., Rahim, H. A., Islam, K. N., and Latif,M. A., (2013). A Review of Microsatellite Markers and Their Applications in Rice Breeding Programs to Improve Blast Disease Resistance. International Journal of Molecular sciences[IF-2.462]
6) Ali, M.E., Hashim, U., Mustafa, S., Cheman, Y.B., Latif, M.A., Islam K.N., Zuki A.B.Z., Rahman M.M.B (2012). TaqMan real-time polymerase chain reaction for the determination of pork adulteration in meat nuggets. Journal of Food and Nutrition Research.51,2012No.1,pp1-12 [IF-0.679]
7) Ali, M. E., Hashim, U., Mustafa, S., CheMan, Y.B., Yusop, M. H.M., Bari, M.F., Islam, K. N., Hasan M. F. (2011). Nanoparticle sensor for label free detection of swine DNA in mixed biological samples. Nanotechnology 22 195503 (8pp) [IF-3.842]
8) Ali, M.E., Hashim, U., Mustafa, S., Che Man, Y. B., Islam, K.N. (2011). Gold Nanoparticle Sensor for the Visual Detection of Pork Adulteration in Meatball Formulation. Journal of Nanomaterials Volume 2012, Article ID 103607, 7 pages doi:10.1155/2012/103607. [IF-1.547]
9) Uddin, M. M., Khan, M. Z. I., Islam, K. N., Kibria, A. S. M. G., Adhikary, G. N., Parvez, M. N. H., Basu, J., Uddin, M. B., Rahman, M. M.(2010). Distribution of Lymphocytes in the Mucosa Associated Lymphoid Tissues (MALT) of Naturally Occurring Infectious Bursal Disease (IBD) in Chicken, Pakistan Veterinary Journal 30(2), 67-71 [IF-1.365]
10) Uddin, M. M., Reza, S. M., Islam, K.N.; Miazi, O. F. & Ahmed, S. S.U.(2009). Surgical anatomical measurements of patellar ligaments for blind method of medial patellar desmotomy of cattle during upward patellar fixation in Bangladesh International Journal of Morphology 27, 311-315 [IF-244]
11) Uddin, M. M., Ahmed, S. S. U., Islam, K. N., Islam, M. M (2009). Clinical Anatomy of the head region of the Black Bengal goat in Bangladesh International Journal of Morphology 27,1269-1273[ IF-0.244]
12) 12 Abu Saleh Ahmed, Md. Saiful Islam, Azman Hassan, M. K. Mohamad Haafiz, Kh. Nurul Islam and Reza Arjmandi (2013). Impact of Succinic Anhydride on the properties of Jute Fiber/Polypropylene Biocomposites 15, 307-314 [IF-0.912]
13) M. J. Islam, M. A. Hakim,, M. M. Hanafi, A.K.M.M. Hossain, T. Nasirullah and K.N Islam accepted [0.435]
Non Citation indexed journals
1) Islam, K. N., Khan, M. Z. I., Siddiqui, M. S. I., Islam, M. R., Lucky, N.S., Hossain, M. K., Adhikary. G. N.(2004). The Anatomical Studies of the Kidneys of Rhode Island Red (RIR) and White Leghorn (WLH) Chicken during their postnatal Stage of Growth and Development. International Journal of poultry Sciences 3, 369-372
2) Howlader, M.M.R., Begam, S., Islam, K. N. Hai, M.A., Hossain, M.G.(2004). Further observations on the packed cell volume and hemoglobin concentration in cattle naturally infected with fasciola gigantica. Bangladesh Journal of Veterinary Medicine 2, 125-127
3) Bhuiyan, M.M., Khan, M.M H., Siddiqui, M.S.I., Das, B. R., Lucky, N. S., Islam, Kh.N.(2004). A study on the comparative performance of Different Breeds of Broiler, Ducks Under farm’s condition at Farming System Research and Development (FSRD) Site, Sylhet, Bangladesh. Bangladesh International Journal of poultry Sciences 3, 369-372
4) Islam, M.N., Mazumder, M. S., Islam, K. N. Mahbub- Elahi, A. T. M., Khan. S. R.(2002). Investigation of Bovine Aortic valves in cardiac research for Bioprosthetic purpose. Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences 5, 101-103
5) Mazumder, M. S., Hossain, M. K., Islam, M. N., Islam K. N. (2001). Contraceptive Effectiveness of Breastfeeding and Current Contraceptive Practice in Bangladesh. The Sciences 1, 267-271
6) Islam, K. N. Khan, M. Z. I., Islam, M. N., Ahad, A., Mazumder M. S. (2001). Light Microscopic structure of the Uterus of Rhode Island Red (RIR) and White Leghorn Chicken (WLH) during their postnatal stages of growth and development. Online Journal of Biological Sciences 1, 272-274
7) Anam, M.K., Asaduzzaman, M., Khan, M.Z.I., Islam, M.R., Islam, K.N., Islam M.N. (2000)... Studies on the course and distribution of cranial mesenteric artery in Bangladeshi native dogs. Journal of Progressive Agriculture 11, 159-161
8) Rahman, A.N.M., Asaduzzaman, M., Islam, K. N. Khan, M Z.I. (1999). Morphometric studies of the ovary and oviduct of high and low egg producing chicken in Bangladesh. Veterinarski Arhiv 69, 301-308
9) Asaduzzaman, M., Khan. M.Z.I., Quasem. M.A., Islam, K.N., Islam, M.N. (1999). Topographic anatomy of the heart of Black Bengal Goats (capra hircus) .The Bangladesh Veterinarian 16, 25-28
10) Khan, M. Z. I., Asaduzzaman, M., Rahman, A. N. M., Islam, N. (1999) Distribution and quantification of large granular Lymphocytes (LGLs) in the sperm host glands of chicken oviduct. Bangladesh Journal of Animal Science 28, 47-51
Scholarships and Awards
|Special Graduate Research Allowance (SGRA)||2009-2010|
|International Graduate Research Fellowship (IGRF)||2011-2012|
|Graduate research Allowance(GRA)||2012-2013|
1) Won Silver medal in PRPI 2011 “Pameran Reka Cipta, Penyelidekan dan Inovasi 2011, Research and Innovation Exhibition-UPM 2011”.
2) Won Silver medal in “International Invention, Innovation and Technology Exhibition (ITEX -2013)” Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre.
3) Awarded silver medal “International conference and exposition on invention of institutions of higher learning (Pecipta-2013)” Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre.
1) Veterinary Surgeon, Thana Veterinary Hospital, Thana- Sattak, District: Sunamgong, Bangladesh, from 30 August 1994 to 31 August 1996.
2) Lecturer in the Department of Anatomy and Histology, Sylhet Government Veterinary College, Tilagor, Sylhet, Bangladesh, from 1 September 1996 to 14 July 2001.
3) Assistant Professor and Head in the Department of Anatomy and Histology, Sylhet Government Veterinary college, Tilagor, Sylhet, Bangladesh, from 15 July 2001 to 14 April 2003.
4) Associate professor and Head in the Department of Anatomy and Histology, Sylhet Government Veterinary college, Tilagor, Sylhet, Bangladesh, from 15 April 2003 to 14 June 2004.
5) Professor and Head in the Department of Anatomy and Histology, Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Khulshi, Chittagong, Bangladesh, from 15 June 2004 to 30 June 2009.
6) Professor in the Department of Anatomy and Histology, Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Khulshi, Chittagong, Bangladesh, from 1 July 2009 to date.
Professional, Teaching and Research Experience
1) Veterinary Surgeon, Thana veterinary Hospital, Thana-Sattak District- Sunamgong, Bangladesh, from 30 August 1994 to 31 August 1996.
2) Teaching Veterinary Anatomy, Histology, Comparative and Neuroanatomy and Applied Anatomy to undergraduate veterinary students in former Sylhet Government Veterinary college, Tilagor,Sylhet Bangladesh from 1 September 1996 to 14 June 2004.
3) Teaching Veterinary Anatomy and Histology, Comparative and Neuroanatomy and Applied Anatomy to undergraduate students of Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Khulshi, Chittagong, Bangladesh, from 15 June 2004 to date.
4) Counseling tutorial student groups, supervision of internship students and their projects.
1) The Anatomical Studies of the Kidney and Ureter of Rhode Island Red (RIR) and White Leghorn (WLH) Chicken during their Postnatal Stages of Growth and Development.
2) Development of Cockle Shell-based Nanocomposite Biomaterial Bone Paste and its Effectiveness for Bone Repair in Rabbit Model
Professional Training Courses Attendent
1) Training on “Development of South Asia-specific Integrated Veterinary Undergraduate Currculum” organized by DFID and British Council at Royal Veterinary College, London, UK, from 25.05. 2008 – 07.06. 2008.
2) Training on “Development of South Asia-specific Integrated Veterinary Undergraduate Currculum” organized by DFID and British Council at Royal Veterinary College, London, UK, from 30.12.2008- 26.01.2009.
Workshops and Conferences Attendent
1) Three -day long “ International Conference on Changing world and emerging challenges: A One World, One Health approach” jointly organized by DFID,British Council and Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (CVASU), Bangladesh, 14-16 March 2009.
2) Seminar on 33rd Recent advances in animal health and production, 23th April 2010, organized by the faculty of veterinary medicine, Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM), Malaysia.
3) Real-time PCR workshop from 09-10 June 2010, organized by Institution of Bioscience, UPM, Malaysia.
4) Workshop On Methodological Issues in Research Organized by the Faculty of veterinary Medicine, Universiti Putra Malaysia 19-21 October,2010.Workshop: Design, Conduct and Analysis
5) ACUC Workshop on Care & Use of Animals in Research Organized by the Faculty of veterinary Medicine, Universiti Putra Malaysia 22-24 Feb, 2011
6) Workshop On Secrets Of Publishing In High Impact ISI Indexed Journals, Organized by the Faculty of veterinary Medicine, Universiti Putra Malaysia 25-26 May, 2011
Membership of Professional and Other Societies
1) Member, Bangladesh Veterinary Association (BVA), from 1994 to date.
2) Member, Bangladesh Krisibid (Agriculturist) Institution, Bangladesh, from 1996 to date.
3) Member, Bangladesh Veterinary Council. (BVC) from 1994 to date.
4) Member, Bangladesh Society of veterinary education and research (BSVER) from 1994 to date.
Operations skillness of the following instruments
CLM (Compound light microscopes), SEM (Scanning electron microscope), TEM (transmission electron microscope), XRD (X-ray diffractometer) and FT-IR (Fourier transmission infrared spectroscopy).