Dr. Krisna Roy
Department of Pathology and Parasitology,
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine,
Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University
Telephone: +88 031 659093 Ext 113 (Office of Head)
Krisna Roy received the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) from the Chittagong Govt. Veterinary College (at present, Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University), Bangladesh, Master of Science in Tropical Animal Health (MSTAH) from the Institute of Tropical Medicine, Belgium and PhD from the University of Copenhagen, Denmark. He worked as a Research Assistant at the Technical University of Denmark, Denmark and Postdoctoral Researcher at the Montana State University, USA.He joined as a Lecturer at the Department of Pathology and Parasitology, CVASUon 1 July, 2003, and latter promoted as Assistant Professor on 8 January, 2008 and Associate Professor on 31 December, 2012.His research interests are in theareas of parasites and bacteria.Dr. Krisna has a strong record of research in his area that includes publications of a number of papers in the peer review journals such asPloS Neglected Tropical Diseases, Preventive Veterinary Medicine, Avian Medicine and Livestock Research for Rural Development.
1) Roy, K.,Lyhs, U.& Pedersen, K. (2015). Inhibition studies of natural resin acids to Clostridium perfringens and Escherichia coli O149. Proceedings: The 1st International Conference on Necrotic Enteritis in Poultry, Copenhagen, Denmark, 10– 12 June 2015.
2) Roy, K.,Bertelsen, M.F., Pors, S.E., Johansen, K.W., Kristensen, A.T., Kjelgaard-Hansen, M., Andreasen, E.B., Christensen, J.P., Biswas, P.K. &Bojesen, A.M. (2014). Inflammation induced hemostatic response in layer chickens infected with Streptococcus equisubsp.zooepidemicusas evaluated by fibrinogen, prothrombin time andthromboelastography. Avian pathology, 43(4), 364-370.
3) Roy, K., Kjelgaard-Hansen, M., Pors, S.E., Christensen, J.P., Biswas, P.K. &Bojesen, A.M.(2014). Performance of a commercial Chicken-Ovo-transferrin-ELISA on the serum ofbrown layer chickens infected with Gallibacteriumanatisand Streptococcus zooepidemicus.Avian Pathology, 43(1), 57-61.
4) Roy, K., Bisgaard, M., Kyvsgaard, N.C., Christensen, J.P., Nielsen, O.L., Biswas, P.K.,Pors, S.E. &Bojesen, A.M. (2013). Pathogenicity of wild-type and small-colony variants of Streptococcus equisubsp. zooepidemicusin layer chickens. Avian Pathology, 42, 316-322.
5) Delespaux, V., Vitouley, H.S., Marcotty, T., Speybroeck, N., Berkvens, D.,Roy, K., Geerts, S., & Van den Bossche, P. (2010). Chemosensitization of Trypanosomacongolense Strains Resistant to Isometamidium Chloride by Tetracyclines and Enrofloxacin. PlosNeglected tropical diseases 4 (9), e828.
6) Biswas, P.K., Uddin, G.M.N., Barua, H., Roy, K., Biswas, D., Ahad, A.&Dennath, N.C. (2008). Survivability and causes of loss of broody-hen chicks on smallholder households in Bangladesh. PreventiveVeterinary Medicine, 83, 260-271.
7) Biswas, P.K., Uddin, G.M.N., Barua, H., Roy, K., Biswas, D., Ahad, A.&Dennath, N.C. (2006). Immune status of semi-scavenging Sonali chickens in Bangladesh against Newcastle disease. Livestock Researchfor Rural Development, 18 (6).
8) Biswas, P.K., Uddin, G.M.N., Barua, H., Roy, K., Biswas, D., Ahad, A.&Dennath, N.C. (2006). Causes of loss of Sonali chickens on smallholder households in Bangladesh. Preventive Veterinary Medicine, 76, 185-195.
9) Rahman, M.S., Roy, K. & M.S. Dey (2003). Production performance of two Broiler Strains as affected by season under rural environment of Bangladesh. Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences, 6(8), 735-737.
10) Alim, M.A., Das, S., Roy, K., Masuduzzaman, M., Sikder, S., Hassan, M.M., Siddiki, A.Z. &Hossain, M.A. (2012). Prevalence of Haemoprotozoan Diseases in Cattle Population of Chittagong Division. PakistanVeterinary Journal, 32, 221-224.
11) Alim M. A., Das S., Roy K., Sikder S., Mohiuddin, Masuduzzaman M., Hossain M. A. (2012). Prevalence of gastrointestinal parasitism in cattle of Chittagong division, Bangladesh. Wayamba Journal of Animal Science – ISSN: 2012-578X.
12) Hassan, M.M., Hoque, M.A., Islam, S. K. M. A., Khan, S.A., Roy, K. &Banu, Q (2011). A prevalence of parasites in black Bengal goats in Chittagong, Bangladesh. International Journal ofLivestock Production 2 (4), 40 - 44.
13) Hassan, M.M., Shuvo, K.B., Khan, S.A., Elahi, F. &Roy, K. (2010). Correction and Management of Uterine Prolapse and Retained Placenta in Cows at Faridpur, Bangladesh. IntasPolivet11 (I): Clinical Article.
14) Islam, S.K.M.A., Hoque, M.A., Hassan, M.M., Alam, M.R., Hoassain, M.B.,Roy, K., Ferdueshy, T., Khan, S.A.&Saifuddin, A.K.M. (2009). A cross-sectional study of Triclabendazole plus levamizole and combination of sulphonamides against gastrointestinal parasites and coccidiosis of goats. Bangladesh Journal of Livestock Research, 16 (1&2), 92-96.
15) Adhikary, S., Roy, K., Barua, H., Biswas, P.K. (2012). A cross-sectional survey on the prevalence and antibiotic resistance of Salmonella at live bird markets in Bangladesh. Proceedings: American Veterinary Medical Association Convention 2012, San Diego, USA.
16) Roy, K., Adhikary, S., Hassan, M.M., Sultana, S. &Chowdhury, S. (2008). Trypanocidal Drug (Isometamidium Chloride): Resistance against Trypanosomacongolense and Socio-economic Impact on the context of Africa. Eco-Friendly Agriculture Journal 1(5), 254-263.
Dr. Krisna is interested to run research on validation of a diagnostic kit, clinical trial, hemostasis, acute phase protein response, antimicrobial susceptibility and pathogenesis on the context of bacteria and parasites.
As Principal and co-investigator Dr. Krisna ran a number of projects funded by SLDP-DANIDA (Denmark), and UGC, BLRI and CVASU (Bangladesh).
Scientific Conferences Attended
2012: American Veterinary Medical Association Convention 2012, San Diego, USA
2011: World Poultry Veterinary Association 2011 Congress, Cancun, Mexico
2015: International Conference on Necrotic Enteritis, DTU, Copenhagen, Denmark
2012: Copenhagen Microbiology Center Symposium 2012, Copenhagen, Denmark IVS Research Day, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
2008: DVM Course Curriculum Integration Program-2008, Bangladesh
2007: Tropical Livestock Development, 2007, Brussels, Belgium
2003 to 2009: Annual Conferences, CVASU, Bangladesh
DVM 201: Platyhelminthes and Malacology
DVM 202: Veterinary Nematology
DVM 301: Veterinary Entomology
DVM 302: Protozoology