DR. Mahabub Alam
Mahabub Alam obtained his Doctor of Veterinary Medicine Degree in 2011 (held in 2013) from Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (CVASU), Bangladesh. He also obtained degree of MS in Animal Science under the Department of Animal Science and Nutrition from the same university. He joined as a Lecturer in the Department of Animal Science and Nutrition in March 2014. Now, he holds a position of Assistant professor from 2016 to till. He published eight scientific articles in national and international peer-reviewed journals. He has immense interest to work on animal welfare and meat science.
1) Alam, M., Das, B.C., Hassan, M.M., Ahaduzzaman, M., Faruk, M.S.A. and Hasanuzzaman, M. 2014. Ruminal acidosis- A case compilation study in SAQ Teaching Veterinary Hospital, Bangladesh. Veterinary World, 7(1): 38-43.
2) Alam, M., Sultana, S., Hassan, M.M., Hasanuzzaman, M. and Faruk, M.S.A. 2014. Socio-economic status of the farmers and economic analysis of poultry farming at Gazipur district in Bangladesh. International Journal of Natural Sciences, 4(2): 08-12.
3) Ahaduzzaman, M., Hassan, M.M., Alam, M., Islam, S.K.M.A. and Uddin, I. 2014. Antimicrobial resistance pattern against Staphylococcus aureus in environmental effluents. Research Journal for Veterinary Practitioners, 2(1): 13 – 16.
4) Hassan, M.M., Amin, K.B., Ahaduzzaman, M, Alam, M., Faruk , M.S.A. and Uddin, I. 2014. Antimicrobial resistance pattern against E. coli and Salmonella in layer poultry. Research Journal for Veterinary Practitioners, 2 (2): 30 – 35.
5) Hasanuzzaman, M., Amin, K. B., Ahaduzzaman, M. and Alam, M. 2014. Study on the productive and reproductive performance of rabbit and the economics of rabbit farming. Wayamba Journal of Animal Science, (6): 955-960.
6) Hasanuzzaman, M., Akter, N., Begum, M.R., Alam, M., Yeasmin, T. and Sarker, M.S. 2014. STUDY ON EFFECT OF RICE GRUEL ON GROWTH PERFORMANCE OF CATTLE. Wayamba Journal of Animal Science, 578: 1051-1058.
7) Faruk, M.S.A., Islam, S.K.M.A., Alam, M., Deb, A. and Chanda, G.C. 2015. Husbandry Practices of Dairy Farming at Chittagong Sub-urban Area. International Journal of Natural Sciences, 5(2): 59-65.
8) Rakib, T.M., Hassan, M.M., Al-Faruq, A., Erfan, R., Barua, S.R., Faruk, M.A., Hasanuzzaman, M., Chowdhury, S. and Alam, M. 2016. Effect of transport on physical and haematological status of cattle in Bangladesh. Journal of Animal Health and Production, 4(3): 78-86.
1) Training on “Molecular Techniques Used In Animal Disease Diagnosis” in PRTC, CVASU, Bangladesh
2) Training workshop on Application of GPS/GIS tools for computer- assisted mapping and analysis.
3) Participation in the Workshop on “Bat Conservation and Research Techniques” held in Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Bangladesh from 23-25th January, 2014.
Participation in Scientific Conference
1) Participation in 12th Annual Scientific Conference (ASCon XII) of Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (CVASU) held on 25-26 April, 2015 covering the theme “Building Knowledge – Based Bio-Economy: A Livestock- Fisheries- Food Industry Interplay”
2) Participation in 11th Annual Scientific Conference (ASCon XI) of Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (CVASU) held on 6 March, 2014 covering the theme “Emerging Challenges in Food, Health and Environment”
3) Participation in “MS Research Proposal Competition 2013” held in Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, during 28-29 October 14, 2014, organized by Advanced Studies and Research CVASU.
Reduction of methane gas emission from ruminant animals
Wildlife Science (Conservation Biology)
Meat Science- to explore human friendly meat production techniques
Biotechnology- Serum biotechnology for disease prevention and cure
Problem based innovative research
Animal Science (ASM-101)
Zoo, Wild and Lab Animal Management (ZAM-201)
Technology of Meat Products (MPT-202)
Meat Science and Animal Byproducts Technology (MBT-402)
Feed Processing and Evaluation (FPE-601)
Animal Products in Human Nutrition (APN-602)
Md. Emran Ahmed
Md. Nazmul kabir