Dr. Md. Ahasanul Hoque
Department of Medicine & Surgery,
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine,
Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
|Name of Institution||Name of Examination/Degree||Division/Class||Year of Obtaining Certificate or Degree|
|James Cook University, Townsville, QLD, Australia||PhD in Microbiology and Immunology (Major in Epidemiology)||2011|
|Royal Veterinary College and London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, University of London, United Kingdom||MS in Veterinary Epidemiology||2001|
|Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh||MS in Pharmacology||1997|
|Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh||Doctor of Veterinary Medicine||1995|
|Veterinary Epidemiology Chapter (Australian College of Veterinary Scientists)||Membership||2009|
1) Koop, G., Islam, M.N., Rahman, M. M., Khatun, M., Ferdous, J. Sayeed, M. A., Islam, S., Ahaduzzaman, M., Akter, S., Mannan, A., Hassan, M.M, Dissanayake, R. and Hoque, M.A. (2016). Risk factors and therapy for goat mastitis in a hospital-based case-control study in Bangladesh, Preventive Veterinary Medicine, 124: 52-57.
2) Hoque, M.A., Burgess, G.W., Cheam, A.L and Skerratt, L. F. (2015). Epidemiology of avian influenza in wild aquatic birds in a biosecurity hotspot, North Queensland, Australia, Preventive Veterinary Medicine, 118: 169-181.
3) Grillo, V.L., Arzey, K.E., Hansbro, P.M., Hurt, A.C., Warner, S., Bergfeld, J., Burgess, G.W., Cookson, B., Dickason, C.J., Ferenczi, M., Hollingsworth, T., Hoque, M.A., Jackson, R.B., Klaassen, M., Kirkland, P.D., Kung, N.Y., Lisovski, S., O’Dea, M.A., O’Riley, K. Roshier, D., Skerratt, L.F., Tracey, J.P., Wang, X., Woods, R. and Post, L. (2015). Avian influenza in Australia: a summary of 5 years of wild bird surveillance, Australian Veterinary Journal, 93: 387-393.
4) Chowdhury, S, Hassan, M.M., Alam, M., Sattar, S., Bari, M.S, Saifuddin, A.K.M. and Hoque, M.A. (2015). Antibiotic residues in milk and eggs of commercial and local farms at Chittagong, Bangladesh, Veterinary World 8: 467‑471.
5) Yadav, S. K., Ahaduzzaman, M., Sarker, S., Sayeed, M.A. and Hoque, M.A. (2015). Epidemiological Survey of Fascioliasis in Cattle, Buffalo and Goat in Mahottari and Dhanusha, Nepal, The Journal of Advances in Parasitology, 2: 51-56.
6) Hossain, M.E., Chanda, T., Debnath, G.K., Hasan, M.M., Shaikat, A.H. and Hoque, M.A. (2015). Influence of Body Condition Score on Yield and Composition of Milk in Crossbred Dairy Cows, Iranian Journal of Applied Animal Science, 5: 309-315.
7) Hoque, M.A., Hassan, M.M., Haque, E., Shaikat, A.H., Khan, S.A., Alim, A., Skerratt, L.F., Islam, A., Tun, H. M., Dissanayake, R., Day, T.K., Debnath, N.C. and Yamage, M. (2014). A survey of gastro-intestinal parasitic infection in domestic and wild birds in Chittagong and Greater Sylhet, Bangladesh, Preventive Veterinary Medicine, 117: 305-317.
8) Hoque, M.A., Tun, H.M., Hasan, M.M., Khan, S.A., Islam, S.K.M.A., Islam, M.N., Giasuddin, Osmami, T.A.B.M.M.G., Islam, A., Thorton, R.N., Burgess, G.W., Skerratt, L.F., Selleck, P., Brun, E., Debnath, N.C. and Leung, F.c-C. (2013). Molecular epidemiology of influenza A(H5N1) viruses, Bangladesh, 2007-2011, Preventive Veterinary Medicine, 111: 314-318.
9) Osmani, M. G., Thornton, R.N., Dhand, N. K., Hoque, M.A., Milon, Sk. M. A., Kalam, M. A., Hossain, M. and Yamage, M. (2013). Risk factors for highly pathogenic avian influenza in commercial layer chicken farms in Bangladesh during 2011, Transboundary and Emerging Diseases, 61: 44-51
10) Hoque, M.A., Burgess, G.W., Greenhil, A.R., Hedlefs, R. and Skerratt, L.F (2012). Causes of morbidity and mortality of wild aquatic birds at Billabong Sanctuary, Townsville, North Queensland, Australia. Avian Diseases, 56(1): 249-256.
11) Hoque, M.A., Burgess, G.W., Karo-Karo, D., Cheam, A.L. and Skerratt, L.F. (2012). Monitoring of wild birds for Newcastle disease virus in north Queensland, Australia, Preventive Veterinary Medicine, 103: 49-62.
12) Hoque, M.A., Skerratt, L. F., Garland, S., Burgess, G. W. and Selleck, P. (2012). Adaptations of a competitive enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays for the detection of antibodies to influenza A virus in horse sera for use in wild aquatic birds. Indian Journal of Virology, 23: 261-9 (DOI 10.1007/s13337-012-0074-3).
13) Hoque, M.A., Skerratt, L.F., Rahman, M.A., Rabiul Alam Beg, A.B.M. and Debnath, N.C. (2011). A descriptive study of the health of ducklings on smallholdings, Hatia Island, Bangladesh, Journal of Applied Poultry Research, 20:335–346.
14) Hoque, M.A., Skerratt, L.F., Cook, A.J.C., Khan, S.A., Grace, D., Alam, M.R., Vidal‑Diez, A. and Debnath, N.C. (2011). Factors limiting the health of semi-scavenging ducks in Bangladesh. Tropical Animal Health and Production, 43: 441-450.
15) Hoque, M.A., Skerratt, L.F., Rahman, M.A., Alim, M.A., Grace, D., Gummow, B., Rabiul Alam Beg, A.B.M. and Debnath, N.C. (2011). Monitoring the health and production of household Jinding ducks on Hatia Island of Bangladesh. Tropical Animal Health and Production, 43: 431-440.
16) Hoque, M.A., Skerratt, L.F., Rahman, M.A., Rabiul Alam Beg, A.B.M. and Debnath, N.C. (2010). Factors limiting traditional household duck production in Bangladesh. Tropical Animal Health and Production, 42: 1579‑1587.
17) Hassan, M.M., Hoque, M.A., Islam, S.K.M.A., Khan, S.A., Hossain, M.B. and Banu, Q. (2012). Efficacy of anthelmintics against parasitic infections and their treatment effect on the production and blood indices in Black Bengal goats in Bangladesh, Turkish Journal Veterinary and Animal Sciences, 36: 400-408.
|Jun 2004-pres||Professor, Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (CVASU), Bangladesh|
|Feb 2015-pres||Dean, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, CVASU|
|Apr 2003-Jun 2004||Associate Professor, Chittagong Government Veterinary College, Bangladesh|
|Oct 2000-Apr 2003||Assistant Professor ,Chittagong Government Veterinary College, Bangladesh|
|Sep 1998-Oct2000||Lecturer, Chittagong Government Veterinary College, Bangladesh|
|Nov 1995-Sep1998||Veterinary Surgeon, Department of Livestock Services, Ministry of Fisheries and Livestock, Bangladesh|
|2016||Principal Investigator, “Analysis of Anti-microbial Residues in Poultry and Fish in Chittagong, Bangladesh, funded by FAO”|
|2016-17||National Coordinator (Co-Investigator), “Household duck rearing as a tool to combat malnutrition and poverty among rural communities in Bangladesh”. LANSA initiative, funded by DFID|
|2014-18||National Coordinator (Co-Investigator), BALZAC project: “Behavioral adaptations in live poultry trading and farming systems and zoonoses control in Bangladesh”, SELS initiative, funded by BBSRC, DSTL, DFID, ESRC, MRC, NERC|
|2014-17||Coordinator, “A veterinary education twinning project proposal between Tufts Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine (TCSVM), USA and Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (CVASU), Bangladesh”, funded by OIE|
|2014-2016||Local Coordinator-II, “Integrating education and action for One Health funded by European Commission|
Relevant thesis produced under my supervision
1) Investigation of antimicrobial resistance pattern against Salmonella spp. and associated risk factors in layer poultry in Chittagong District, Bangladesh (Tamanna Jahan Mony; Roll No. 0211/01; Registration No. 117; Session: 2011-2012; June 2013).
2) Intensity of use of antimicrobial drugs and their residues in broiler chickens, Chittagong, Bangladesh (Mohammed Parvej; Roll No. 0211/02; Registration No. 118; Session: 2011-2013; December 2013).
3) Antimicrobial residues in broiler poultry and fish and its significance in public health in Bangladesh (Farzana Rabbi; Roll No. 0213/02; Registration No. 177; Session: 2013-2014; December 2014).
4) Investigation of heavy metals in water and dairy milk of greater Chittagong district of Bangladesh (Md. Rofy Foysal Talukder; Roll No: 0113/04; Registration No.: 0135; Session: Session: 2011-2013; December 2013).
5) Pharmaco-epidemiological study of anti-microbial residues in poultry and fish in Chittagong, Bangladesh (Jinnat Ferdous; Roll Bo.: 0214/06; Registration No.:---- Session: 2014-2015; June 2016)