Dr. Md. Hasanuzzaman
Dr Md Hasanuzzaman earned Bachelor of Science in Animal Husbandry (BScAH) degree and Master of Science (MS) degree in Animal Nutrition from Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh, Bangladesh. Further, he completed PhD in Animal Nutrition from CSK Himachal Pradesh Agricultural University, India securing distinction marks. During his graduate and postgraduate studies he found out his interest towards the most promising field i.e. Animal Nutrition, hence, his dissertation in his previous research degrees was based on animal nutrition and rumen metabolites. He received several prestigious positions and awards during his academic career like National Science and Technology Fellowship, SAARC Scholarship etc.
After completion of his MS degree, Dr Hasan joined as Scientific Officer at Bangladesh Livestock Research Institute (BLRI), Bangladesh. He did research on number of aspects of Animal Nutrition at BLRI such as research on feedlot nutrition, tropical and sub-tropical animal production systems, fodder production and its extension along with conducting various research activities on animal feed, their nutrition and management. Afterwards, he joined as Scientific Officer at the Department of Livestock Services, Bangladesh and was involved on animal reproduction and nutrition research. Currently he is working as Professor of Animal Nutrition at Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, where he is involved in teaching, research and extension activities on Animal Science, Animal Nutrition and allied subjects.
Dr Hasan has gained multidisciplinary experiences in teaching students at undergraduate and postgraduate levels and research on animal sciences, ruminant nutrition and allied subjects. Moreover, he is experienced in feed evaluation techniques, lab skills on molecular techniques, and rumen digestive physiology. He also has very good command on computer literacy and statistical packages & software like SAS, STATA-13, SPSS etc. to analyze research data. So far, he guided 10 MS students as Supervisor and/or Co-supervisor and has completed more than 15 research projects as a principal investigator and/or Co-investigator that was funded by several agencies at home and abroad. He published almost 30 research articles in the national and international journals focused on animal production, ruminant nutrition and management.
|Name of Examination||Name of Board/University||Division/Class||Year of Passing||Major|
|PhD (Doctoral)||CSK Himachal Pradesh Agricultural University, INDIA||First Class (Awarded)||2012||Veterinary Science (Animal Nutrition)|
|MS (Master of Science)||Bangladesh Agricultural University, BANGLADESH||First Class (Grade-A, position- first)||2000||Animal Nutrition|
|BScAH (Bachelor of Science)||Bangladesh Agricultural University, BANGLADESH||First Class (position- ninth)||1996 (Exam held in 1999)||Animal Production, Animal science|
As Principal author
1) M Hasanuzzaman, VK Sharma, D Wadha, MR Begum, A Parmour, T Yeasmin, MA Hossain (2016). Effect of seabuckthorn (Hippophae r.) cake on rumen metabolites and microbial population of cattle at different hours of post feeding time intervals. Turkish Journal of Veterinary and Animal Sciences (Submitted: manuscript code number: VET-1608-82).
2) M Hasanuzzaman, N Akter, MR Begum, M Alam, T Yeasmin and MS Sarker (2014). Study on effect of rice gruel on growth performance of cattle. Wayamba Journal of Animal Science, Vol. 7: 1051-1058. http://www.wayambajournal.com.
3) M Hasanuzzaman, KB Amin, M Ahaduzzaman and M Alam (2014). Study on the productive and reproductive performance of Rabbit and the economics of Rabbit farming. Wayamba Journal of Animal Science, Vol. 6: 955-962. http://www.wayambajournal.com.
4) M Hasanuzzaman, M. Ahaduzzaman and MR Begum (2013). Study on existing nutritional condition of peri-urban dairies at Chittagong, Bangladesh. International Journal of Agricultural Research, Innovation & Technology, 3 (2): 73-78.
5) M Hasanuzzaman, ME Hossain, MM Islam, MR Begum, S Chowdhury and MZ Hossain (2012). Performance of Red Chittagong cattle in some selected areas of Chittagong district of Bangladesh. Bangladesh Journal of Animal Science, 41(1): 29-34.
6) M Hasanuzzaman, MAA Biswas, MM Uddin, GC Shil, MB Akther, ME Hossain and MM Islam (2007). Milk production trend of Takerhat Milk Shed Area of Milk Vita around the Year, International Journal of Sustainable Agricultural Technology, 3(6):55-60.
7) M Hasanuzzaman, A Reza, F Kabir, MJ Uddin and MAK Azad (2002). Effect of maternal nutrition on kits during pre and post partum period. On line Journal of Biological sciences. 2(11): 737-739.
8) M Hasanuzzaman, MAK Azad, MA Barik and MZ Rahman (2002). Milk fat production trend and effect of season on it at Sree-nagar milk shed area under milk vita throughout the year. Pakistan Journal of Nutrition, 1(5): 231-233.
9) M Hasanuzzaman, A Reza, MR Amin and R Khatun (2001). Effect of different levels of energy on growth and reproductive performances of rabbit in Bangladesh. Bangladesh J. Anim. Sci. 30(1-2): (137-142).
1) M Alam, MM Hassan, TM Rakib, ME Hossain, AA Faruq and M Hasanuzzaman (2016). Transport stress -an animal welfare issue: assessed by hemato-biochemical and hormonal changes, and cellular immune response. Journal of Animal Science and Technology (Submitted: article code: ASTJ-D-16-00079).
2) MJ Islam, J Das, Sentinu, N Absar and M Hasanuzzaman (2016). A comparative analysis in the macro and micro nutrient compositions of locally available polished rice (Oryza sativa L.) in Bangladesh. International Journal of Biological Research. 4(2): 190-194. [ISSN: 2307-9029].
3) MMA Shuvo, MA Mamun, T Chowdhury, N Absar and M Hasanuzzaman (2015). An assessment of major nutritional components and some secondary metabolites of in vitro propagated stevia rebaudiana (cultured in Bangladesh) plant leaves dry powder. International Journal of Applied Science and Biotechnology. 3(4): 721-726. [ISSN: 2091-2609 (Online)].
4) M Alam, BC Das, MM Hasan, M Ahaduzzaman, MSA Faruk and M Hasanuzzaman (2014). Ruminal acidosis- A case complication study in SAQ Teaching Veterinary Hospital, Bangladesh. Veterinary World, 7/Jan-2014/10: 38-43 (EISSN: 2231-0916).
5) M Barua, MAM Prodhan, K Islam, S Chowdhury, M Hasanuzzaman, MA Imtiaz and GB Das (2014). Sub-clinical mastitis prevalent in dairy cows in Chittagong district of Bangladesh: detection by different screening tests. Veterinary World, 7/July-2014/8: 483-488 (EISSN: 2231-0916).
6) ME Hossain, S Chakma, MM Khatun, M Hasanuzzaman, MY Miah and MAA Biswas (2011). Production systems of swine in the rural areas of Rangamati and Khagrachari districts of Bangladesh. Bangladesh Journal of Animal Science. 40 (1&2): 28-33.
7) Azizunnesa, BC Sutradhar , M Hasanuzzaman, OF Miazi, M Aktaruzzaman and MO Faruk (2010). Study on Productive and Reproductive Performances of Red Chittagong Cow at Rural Areas in Chittagong. University Journal of Zoology, Rajshahi University, 28: 27-31.
8) MAA Biswas, MG Kibria, MM Akhter, S Choudhury and M Hasanuzzaman (2009). Comparative economic profitability of Jumbo and Napier grass production and Mustard-BRRI Dhan 29T. Aman cropping pattern. International Journal of Sustainable Agricultural Technology, 5(9): 51-53.
9) Azizunnesa, BC Sutradhar, M Hasanuzzaman, MAK Azad and S Kumar (2008). Management vs Productive and Reproductive Performances of Dairy Farm. Pakistan Journal of Nutrition, 7(3): 408-411.
10) MM Uddin, M Hasanuzzaman, R Arafin, MM Akhter and B Akhter (2008). Status of Water Quality Parameters in a Carp-Sis Polyculture System. International Journal of Sustainable Agricultural Technology, 4(3): 69-74.
11) MAK Azad, M Hasanuzzaman, Azizunnesa, GC Shil and MA Barik (2007). Milk production trend, milk quality and seasonal effect on it at Baghabarighat milk shed area, Bangladesh. Pakistan Journal of Nutrition, 6(4):363-365.
12) MM Uddin, M Hasanuzzaman and R Arafin (2007). Production Performance of Small Fish in the Carp Polyculture. International Journal of Agriculture and Fisheries Sciences, 1(2): 33-38.
13) GB Das, ME Hossain, MA Hossain and M Hasanuzzaman (2007). Profitability of using oleic acid in broiler diet. Journal of Bangladesh Agricultural University, 5(2): 289-293.
14) KN Monira, MAR Howlider, G Miah and M Hasanuzzaman (2004). Performance of broiler reared on different litter materials in late autumn season under Bangladesh condition. Journal of the Bangladesh Agricultural University, 2(1): 73-79.
15) MR Islam, CK Saha, NR Sarker, MA Jalil and M Hasanuzzaman (2003). Effect of variety on proportion of botanical fractions and nutritive value of different napier grass (Pennisetum purpureum) and relationship between botanical fractions and nutritive value. Asian-Australasian Journal of Anim. Sci., 16(6): 837-842.
16) R Khatun, MAR Howlider, MM Rahman and M Hasanuzzaman (2003). Replacement of fishmeal by silkworm pupae in broiler diets. Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences, 6(11): 955-958.
17) A Haque, MJ Alam, M Hasanuzzaman, MN Islam and MAK Azad (2003). Comparison of rasogolla made from fresh cow milk, fresh buffalo milk and mixture of cow and buffalo milk. Pakistan Journal of Nutrition, 2(5): 296-299.
18) MJ Uddin, G Miah, F Kabir, M Hasanuzzaman and MH Khan (2002). The Effect of Economic Evaluation of Feeding Urea-molasses with Green Grasses on milk Yield of Buffalo Cows of Bangladesh. On Line Journal of Biological Sciences. 2(5): 329-332.
19) F Kabir; M Shahjalal; SA Chowdhury; MJ Uddin; M Hasanuzzaman and G Miah (2002). Yield and Chemical Composition of Common Roadside Grasses Available in Bangladesh. On Line Journal of Biological Sciences. 2(6): 364-365.
20) MAK Azad, M Hasanuzzaman, G Miah and BK Roy (2002). Milk production trend of Milk Vita throughout the year. Pakistan Journal of Nutrition, 1(5): 236-240.
21) MZ Rahman, MJ Khan, MJ Hossain, MSK Sarker and M Hasanuzzaman (2002). Effect of shrimp culture on livestock production. Online Journal of Biological Sciences, 2(10): 703-705.
22) BK Roy, KS Huque, MR Islam, M Hasanuzzaman and MM Rahman (2002). Consumption pattern of milk and milk products among different income levels in some selected areas of Bangladesh. Pakistan Journal of Nutrition, 1 (6): 282-287.
Dissertations Or Thesis
1) M Hasanuzzaman (2012) Effect of feeding Seabuckthorn cake (Hippophae L.) on egg production in poultry and growth in calves, PhD Thesis. Department of Animal Nutrition, CSK Himachal Pradesh Agricultural University, Palampur, Himachal Pradesh, India.
2) M Hasanuzzaman (2000) Effect of different levels of energy on growth and reproductive performance of Rabbit in Bangladesh condition. MS Thesis. Department of Animal Nutrition, Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh, Bangladesh.
|Date commenced||Date completed||Occupation||Employer||Nature of Business|
|24 Dec 2003||Current||Professor||Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, BANGLADESH||Teaching, Research and Administration|
|01 Jul 2003||23 Dec 2003||Scientific Officer||Department of Livestock Services, BANGLADESH||Research, Training and Extension|
|01 Aug 2000||30 Jun 2003||Scientific Officer||Bangladesh Livestock Research Institute, BANGLADESH||Research and Training|
|01 Jul 1999||31 Jul 2000||Research Assistant||Bangladesh Agricultural University Research System, BANGLADESH||Training and Research|
|01 Jan 2008||Current||Trainer||Poultry Research and Training Centre||Training|
|Experienced as SAARC Research Fellow from January 2009 to December 2011 (in-service candidate) in the College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, CSK Himachal Pradesh Agricultural University, Palampur, INDIA.|
Conference Contributions (Last 5 Years)
1) M Hasanuzzaman, N Akter, MR Begum, M Alam, T Yeasmin and MS Sarker (2016). Effect of rice gruel on growth performance and milk production of cow. Presented in the workshop on development of udder health control programme in dairy cows in Bangladesh (April 2016), BANGLADESH.
2) M Hasanuzzaman, KB Amin, M Ahaduzzaman and M Alam (2014). Study on the productive and reproductive performance of Rabbit and the economics of Rabbit farming. Presented in the 12th Annual Scientific Conference of Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (March 2015), BANGLADESH.
3) M Hasanuzzaman, VK Sharma, A Sharma and A Parmar (2012). Use of Seabuckthorn (Hippophae rhamnoides) cake for quality egg production in poultry layers. Presented in the 9th Annual Scientific Conference of Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (7-8 March 2012). BANGLADESH.
4) M Hasanuzzaman, VK Sharma and N Kumar (2011). Effect of protein replacement by Seabuckthorn cake on production and quality traits of eggs in layers. Presented in the conference of Indian Association of Veterinary Nutrition and Animal Welfare, (September, 2011). INDIA.
5) M Hasanuzzaman, VK Sharma, A Sharma and D Crofa (2011). Effect of Seabuckthorn cake (Hippophae rhamnoides) cake on egg quality traits in poultry layers. Presented in the conference on Livestock Productivity Enhancement with Available Feed Resources (November, 2011), INDIA.
6) M Hasanuzzaman, VK Sharma, D Rani and A Parmar (2011). Effect of Seabuckthorn cake on rumen metabolites and microbial population in cattle. Presented in the conference on Seabuckthorn at Himachal Pradesh Agricultural University (November, 2011), INDIA.
7) M Hasanuzzaman, ME Hossain and MM Islam (2008). Study on existing cattle production system in Chittagong. A poster presented in the sixth Annual Scientific Conference, Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (March 2008), BANGLADESH.
8) M Hasanuzzaman, ME Hossain and MM Islam (2008). Study on existing production system of Red Chittagong Cattle in CHittagong. Presented in Annual Research Review Workshop of Bangladesh Livestock Research Institute (June, 2008), BANGLADESH.
Conference/ Seminer/ Workshop Participated (Last 5 Years)
1) 5th National convention and international agricultural conference (09-2016)
2) Workshop on development of udder health control program in dairy cows in Bangladesh (04-2016).
3) 3rd international conference and exhibition on dairy, aqua and pet (02-2016).
4) 1st national DVM intern research conference 2016 (02-2016).
5) National conference of Bangladesh society for animal production, education & research (01-2016).
6) 9th biennial conference & international seminar of Bangladesh Animal Husbandry Association (12 -2015).
7) Annual scientific conference of Chittagong Veterinary & Animal Sciences University (04 -2015).
8) Annual scientific conference of Chittagong Veterinary & Animal Sciences University (03 -2014).
9) Workshop on syllabus curricula of veterinary education in Bangladesh. (01- 2014).
10) National conference of Bangladesh society for animal production, education & research (10-2013).
11) Conference on livestock feeding & nutrition-global perspective & options for Bangladesh (09 -2013).
12) International workshop on national food policy capacity strengthening program (07-2013).
13) Annual research review workshop of Bangladesh Livestock Research Institute (06-2013).
14) Annual scientific conference of Chittagong Veterinary & Animal Sciences University (03 -2012).
15) Conference of Indian association of veterinary nutrition and animal welfare (09-2011), INDIA.
16) Conference on livestock productivity enhancement with available feed resources (11-2011), INDIA.
17) Conference on Seabuckthorn at Himachal Pradesh Agricultural University (11-2011), INDIA.
Field of Specialization
Ruminant, Non-ruminant and Avian Science & Nutrition; Wildlife, Pet & Companion, Animal Nutrition and Management.