Dr. Md. Mizanur Rahman
Department of Medicine and Surgery,
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine,
Telephone: +88 031 659093-206 (office)
E-mail: email@example.com, https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Mizanur_Rahman
Dr. Md. Mizanur Rahman obtained DVM and MS degree from Bangladesh Agricultural University in 2000 and 2001 respectively. He completed his PhD from University of Milan, Italy in 2010. He was awarded Humboldt post doctoral research fellowship to carry out his study in the University of Bonn, Germany in 2011 for two years.
Dr. Mizan started his teaching career at the then Chittagong Government Veterinary College (CGVC) in 2001. He was promoted as Assistant professor in 2003. In 2006 CGVC was converted into public university as Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (CVASU). After completing doctoral degree from 2007 to 2010, Dr. Mizan returned to CVASU and promoted as Associate Professor in 2011. He is working as Professor since 2015 in CVASU.
He has collaborating research activities with EU institutions. He is a author of several papers published in national and international journals in the field of veterinary science.
1) G Koop, MN Islam, MM Rahman, M Khatun, J Ferdous, MA Sayeed, S Islam, M Ahaduzzaman, S Akter, A Mannan, MM Hassan,R Dissanayake, MA Hoque: Risk factors and therapy for goat mastitis in a hospital-basedcase-control study in Bangladesh. In: Preventive Veterinary Medicine. 124, 2016, p. 52 - 57
2) MM Rahman, C Lecchi, H Sauerwein, M Mielenz, S Häußler, L Restelli, C Giudice, Fabrizio Ceciliani: Expression of α1-acid glycoprotein and lipopolysaccharide binding protein in visceral and subcutaneous adipose tissue of dairy cattle. In: The Veterinary Journal. 203 (2), 2015, p. 223 – 227
3) MS Sarker, ZB Bupasha, MM Rahman, S Akter, A Mannan and M Ahaduzzaman. Surgical management of unilateral gangrenous mastitis in a doe: A case report. J. Adv. Vet. Anim. Res.2015; 2(2): 232-235.
4) K Islaml, A Ahad, A Mahmood, MM Rahman, MZ Islam, MH Kabir, M Barua, S Chowdhury, MK Nasir, PK Biswas. Prevalence and Clinico–Pathological Features of Peste des Petits Ruminants in Different Breeds of Goats and their Response to Antimicrobials. Journal of Infection and Molecular Biology, 2014. 2 (3): 43 – 48.
5) M Ahaduzzaman, A Amin, MA Imtiaz, MM Rahman. Gut obstructive toxocariasis in a puppy. Research Journal for Veterinary Practitioners. 2014. 2 (3): 42 – 43.
6) B Saremi, S Winand, J Pappritz, S Dänicke, M Mielenz, MM Rahman, and H Sauerwein: Serum amyloid A3 (SAA3) mRNA in liver and adipose tissue of dairy cows supplemented with or without conjugated linoleic acids (CLA): A whole lactation cycle study (Abstract). In: J. Anim. Sci. Vol. 90, Suppl. 3/J. Dairy Sci. Vol. 95, Suppl. 2. 2012, p. 705 – 706.
7) MM Rahman, U Müller, P Heimberg, F Jaeger and H Sauerwein : Salivary Concentrations of Acute Phase Protein Haptoglobin in Holstein Calves before and after Dehorning (Poster). . In: 16th International Symposium of the World Association of Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosticians June 5 – 8, 2013 in Berlin, Germany. 2013.
8) F Dilda, LF Pisani , MM Rahman, S Modina, I Tessaro, P Sartorelli, F Ceciliani, C Lecchi: Distribution of acute phase proteins in the bovine forestomachs and abomasum. In: The Veterinary Journal doi: 10.1016/j.tvjl.2011.05.005. 192 (1), 2012, p. 101 – 105.
9) B Saremi, M Mielenz, MM Rahman, A Hosseini, C Kopp, S Dänicke, F Ceciliani, H Sauerwein: Hepatic and extrahepatic expression of serum amyloid A3 during lactation in dairy cows. In: Journal of Dairy Science . 96 (11), 2013, p. 6944 – 6054.
10) S Haeussler, MM Rahman, A Henze, F Schweigert, H Sauerwein: Modifications of the acute phase protein haptoglobin in dairy cows. In: Farm Animal Proteomics P. (Ed. P Rodrigues, D Eckersall, A de Almeida) The Netherlands: Wageningen Academic Publishers., 2012, p. 71 – 74.
11) MM Rahman, S Haeussler, M Mielenz, C lecchi, F Ceciliani, H sauerwein: Acute phase protein expression in different visceral and subcutaneous fat depots from clinically healthy dairy cows. In: Farm Animal proteomics. (Ed. P Rodrigues, D Eckersall, A de Almeida) The Netherlands: Wageningen Academic Pulshers, 2012, p. 173 – 176.
12) MM Rahman, U Mueller, P Heimburg,F Ceciliani, H Sauerwein: Investigation of of salivary acute phase proteins in calves. In: Farm Animal Proteomics. (Ed. A de Almeida, D Eckersall, E Bencurova, S, Dolinska, P Mlynarcik, M Vincova, M Bhide) The Netherlands: Wageningen Academic Publishers, 2013, p. 213 - 216
13) MM Rahman, C Lecchi, G Avallone, P Roccabianca, P Sartorelli, F Ceciliani.2010. Lipopolysaccharide-binding protein: local expression in bovine extrahepatic tissues. Veterinary Immunology and Immunopathology. (doi:10.1016/j.vetimm.2010.04.006).
14) F Riva, MM Rahman, L Turin, F Ceciliani, G Tribbioli, C Lecchi. 2010. TIR8/SIGGIR is highly expressed in the prestomachs of bovine. Veterinary Immunology and Immunopathology, 136(1-2):65-70.
15) MM Rahman, C Lecchi, C Fraquelli, P Sartoreli, F ceciliani. 2009. Acute phase protein response in serum from Alpine Ibex (Capra Ibex) in Sarcoptic mange. Veterinary Parasitology, 168(3-4): 293-8.
16) F Ceciliani , MM Rahman, C Lecchi, M Maccalli, G Pisoni, P Sartorelli. 2009. Systemic and in vitro expression of goat alpha (1)-acid glycoprotein during Caprine Arthritis-Encephalitis Virus infection. Veterinary Immunology and Immunopahology. 131(1-2):50-8.
17) MM Rahman , A Miranda-Ribera ,C Lecchi ,V Bronzo, P Sartorelli ,F Franciosi, F Ceciliani. 2008. Alpha (1)-acid glycoprotein is contained in bovine neutrophil granules and released after activation. Veterinary Immunology and Immunopathology. 2008 Sep 15;125(1-2):71-81.
18) MM Rahman, ASML Ahasan. 2007. Congenital lateral patellar luxation in a shorail dog: a case report. Bangladesh Journal of Veterinary Medicine, 5 (1&2): 121-124.
19) MM Rahman, MSI Khan, D Biswas, BC Sutradhar and AKM Saifuddin. 2006. Pygomelia or supernumerary limbs in a crossbred calf: a case report. Journal of Veterinary Science. 7 (3): 303-305.
20) MM Rahman, M Begum, R Sharmin, BC Sutradhar and MA Rahman.2006. Mammary Adenocarcinoma in a captive tigress (Panthera tigris): a case report. Intas Polivet. 7(1): 118-120.
21) MM Rahman. 2005. Conservative treatment of hipdysplasia in three puppies. The Bangladesh Veterinarian. 22(2): 106-108.
22) R Sharmin, MM Rahman and M Masuduzzaman. 2005. Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma of Mammary Gland in a German Shepherd Dog. Bangladesh Journal of Veterinary Medicine. 3(2): 174-176.
23) MR Alam, MA Haque, MA Rahman, SKMA Islam and MM Rahman. 2005. Hematological pictures in clinically affected dogs. Bangladesh Journal of Veterinary Medicine. 3 (1): 63-64.
24) MM Rahman, MA Hossain, MR Alam and MA Hashim.2003.Influence of dam’s blood transfusion on various haematobiochemical parameters in recipient calves. The Bangladesh Veterinarian, 20 (1):19-25.
25) MM Rahman; D Biswas; MM Rahman; MM Islam and MA Islam. 2003. Cultural sensitivity of septic wound in animals. Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences, 6(8): 741-744.
26) MI Islam, MM Rahman, D Biswas, MM Rahman. 2002. Effects of different fixation devices on fracture treatment and evaluation by radiography in birds. Biotechnology, 1 (1): 1-9.
27) MA Rahman, MM Rahman, MA Alim and BC Sutradhar.2002. Peritonitis evidenced as a possible cause of death of a dairy cow following caesarean section: A case study. The Bangladesh Veterinarian, 19 (1): 60-63.
28) MR Alam, MA Hossain, and MM Rahman. 2001. Effects of plasma transfusion on certain haematobiochemical parameters in calves. The Bangladesh Veterinarian, 17 (2): 78-84.
29) D Biswas; FY Bari; M Shamsuddin and MM Rahman. 2001. Effects of glycerol doses in preservation of Black bengal buck semen at different temperature regime. The Bangladesh Veterinarian, 18(1): 24-32.
30) MM Rahman, MM Islam, MM Rahman and MA Haque, 2000. Effects of experimental transverse mid-shaft fractures on certain physiological values, and weight bearing capacity in broiler birds. Bangladesh Veterinary Journal, 34 (1-2): 47-51.
Bovine mastitis is a never ending and costly disease for dairy industry around the world. Dairying is becoming an emerging sector in Bangladesh on the ground of huge demand of milk for consumption and employment opportunities for youths and poverty alleviation of marginal people and women empowerment. He is interested in infectious diseases in farm animals with especial focus on mastitis.
Farm Animal Medicine
Food Animal Medicine