DR. Md. Shafiqul Islam
Md. Shafiqul Islam received DVM and MS degree from Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (CVASU), Chittagong, Bangladesh. He Joined as a Lecturer at Department of Pathology and Parasitology, CVASU Bangladesh in January 2013. In March 2015 he promoted as an Assistant Professor. Now he is working as an Assistant Professor in Department of Pathology and Parasitology, CVASU. He is interested in Immunopathology, Molecular Pathology and Diagnostic Pathology of Livestock, Zoo and Wild animal.
1) Rakib T. M., Islam M. S., Rahman M. M., Siddiki AMAM Z., Sutradhar B. C., Hossain M. A. and Masuduzzaman M. 2016. A case report on invasive ductal carcinoma in dog. Advances in Animal and Veterinary Science, 4(1):1-4.
2) Uddin M.I., Abid M.H., Islam M.S, Rakib T.M., Sen A.B., Chowdhury M.Z.H., Anwar M.N., and Kamaruddin KM. 2016. Molecular Identification of Mycoplasma Synoviae from Seroprevalant Commercial Breeder farms at Chittagong District, Bangladesh. Veterinary World
3) Uddin M.I., Islam M.S., Rakib T.M., Das S., Kamaruddin K.M., and Biswas P.K. 2016. Molecular detection of infectious bronchitis virus isolated from commercial breeder farms in Chittagong District, Bangladesh. Advances in Animal and Veterinary Sciences. 4(7): 370-375.
4) Mokbul S.B., Rakib T.M., Dash A.K., Nath S.K., Bhowmik D.K., Barua S.R., Islam M.S., Samun S., and Shaikat A.H. 2016. Fecal hormone assay and urinalysis of pregnant cattle. Advances in Animal and Veterinary Sciences. 4(4): 200-204.
5) Ahaduzzaman M., Islam M.S., Akter S., Uddin M.J., Sharif M.O., and Mannan A. 2015. Asphyxial Death by Oestrus Ovis in a Pneumonic Goat. The Journal of Advances in Parasitology. 2(3): 48-51
6) Azam M.N., Sen P., Tasneem M., Islam M.S., Rakib T.M., Alim M.A., and Hossain M.A. 2015. Occurrence of gastrointestinal parasitic infections in pig of Dinajpur district, Bangladesh. Scientific Journal of Veterinary Advances. 4(8): 57-66
7) Rahman M.M., Akter Y., Jamil S., Arifuzzaman M., Islam M.S., and Siddiki A.M.A.M.Z. 2015. A multiplex PCR-based approach for reliable identification of different livestock meats and possible adulteration in the meat markets in Chittagong. Bangladesh Journal of Veterinary and Animal Science. 3 (1&2): 54-58.
8) Mannan A., Chowdhury S.M.Z.H., Mannan A., Alim M.A., Islam M.S., and Hossain M.A. 2015. Study on the prevalence of gastro intestinal parasites of economic importance in cattle in Bangladesh. Bangladesh Journal of Veterinary and Animal Science. 3 (1&2): 7-14.
9) Siddiqe M.Z.F., Islam M.S., Islam S.S., Islam M.S., Islam M.S., and Das B.C. 2015. Haematobio chemical changes in subclinical mastitis affected high yielding dairy cows in Chittagong district. International Journal of Natural and Social Sciences, 2(4): 30-34.
10) Islam M. S., Das S., Islam M. A., Talukdar M. M. I., Hashem M. A., Chowdhury S. and Masuduzzaman M. 2015. Pathological affections of lungs in slaughtered cattle and buffaloes at Chittagong Metropoliton Area, Bangladesh. Advances in Animal and Veterinary Science, 3(1): 27-33.
11) Parvez M.A., Islam M.S., Das B.C., and Khatun R. 2015. Concomitant intravenous therapy of ceftriaxone and calcium in recumbent dairy cow immediate after delivery: ante mortem and post mortem inspection. Research Journal for Veterinary Practitioners. 3(1): 15-18.
12) Islam M. S., Alim M. A., Das S., Ghosh K. K., Pervin S., Lipi A., Siddiki AMAM Z., Masuduzzaman M. and Hossain M. A. 2014. Prevalence of Haemoproteus sp. in domestic Pigeon at Chittagong and Khulna District in Bangladesh. The Journal of Advances in Parasitology, 1(2): 24-25.
13) Islam M. S., Das S., Alim M. A., Mohiuddin M., Bin-Kabir M. H., Islam M. T., Ghosh K. K., Masuduzzaman M. 2014. Progressive type of Canine Transmissible Venereal Tumor (CTVT) in a male stray dog: a case report. Research Journal for Veterinary Practitioners, 2 (4): 70 – 72
14) Islam M. S., Das S., Talukdar M. M. I., Islam M. A., Ghosh K. K., Alim M. A. and Masuduzzaman M. 2014. Pathological affection of liver due to hydatidosis and fascioliasis in slaughtered food animal (cattle and buffalo) in Chittagong district, Bangladesh. Wayamba Journal of Animal Science, pp. 1014-1019.
15) Islam M.S., Das S., Pervin S., Imtiaz M.A., Sutradhar B.C., Masuduzzaman M., and Das B.C. 2014. Subcutaneous infiltrative lipoma in a male Spitz dog. Wayamba Journal of Animal Science. 1394865803, P893-P898
16) Uddin M.I., Sen A.B., Islam M.S., Das S., Sultana N., Ripa R.N., Kashem A., and Kamaruddin K.M. 2014. Seroepidemiology of infectious laryngotracheitis (ILT) in the commercial layer farms of Chittagong district, Bangladesh. Advances in Animal and Veterinary Sciences. 2 (6): 316 – 320.
17) Ghosh K.K., Islam M.S., Sikder S., Das S., Chowdhury S. and Alim M.A. 2014. Prevalence of ecto and gastrointestinal parasitic infections of pigeon at Chittagong metropolitan area. Bangladesh. Journal of advances in Parasitology. 1(1):9– 11.
18) Islam M.S., Alim M.A., Das S., Ghosh K.K., Pervin S., Lipi A., Siddiki A.Z., Masuduzzaman M., and Hossain M.A. 2014. Prevalence of haemoproteus sp in domestic pigeon at Chittagong and Khulna district in Bangladesh. Journal of advances in Parasitology. 1 (2): 24 – 26.
19) Uddin M., Sarker M.H.R., Hossain M.E., Islam M.S., Hossain M.B., and Shil S.K. 2013. Morphometric investigation of neurocranium in domestic cat (Felis catus). Bangladesh Journal of Veterinary Medicine. 11 (1): 69-73.
20) Uddin M., Hossain M.E., Islam M.S., Hossain M.B., and Islam K.N. 2013. Quantitive Study on Some Aspect of Occipital Area in Domestic Cat (Felis catus). International Journal of Natural Sciences. 3(1-4):18-21.
21) Ahasan A.S.M.L., Islam M.S., Kabria A.S.M.G., Rahman M.L., Hassan M.M., and Uddin M. 2012. Major Variation in Branches of the Abdominal Aorta in New Zealand White Rabbit (Orycotolagus Cuniculus). International Journal of Natural Sciences. 2(4) 91-98.
Articles Published or Accepted in Proceedings of Conferences
1) Rakib T. M., Islam M. S., Azam M. N. E., Islam M. S., Akter L., Hossain M. A., Chowdhury S. and Masuduzzaman M. 2016. Molecular dentification and antibiogram of Methicillin Resistant S. aureus (MRSA) isolated from oral cavity in dog. Proceedings of the 13th Annual Scientific Conference, 2-3rd April, CVASU, Chittagong, pp. 142.
2) Mannan A., Hossain M.A., Islam M.S., and Siddiki A.M.A.M.Z. 2016. Molecular identification and characterization of Toxoplasma gondii in sheep and goat in Chittagong Metropolitan area, Bangladesh. Proceedings of the XXII-2016 Annual Scientific Conference BSVER, Bangladesh Agricultural University.
3) Faruk M.O., Halim M.A., Islam M.S., Hossaim M.A., Masuduzzaman M., and Siddiki A.M.A.M.Z. 2016. Molecular Identification of echinococcus Sp. And invitro assay for evaluation of scolicidal activity of selected plant extracts and conventional anthelmentics. Proceedings of the XXII-2016 Annual Scientific Conference BSVER, Bangladesh Agricultural University.
4) Rakib T. M., Islam M. S., Hossain M. A., Rahman M. M., Chowdhury S., Masuduzzaman M. 2015. Prevalence and Multidrug Resistance Pattern of Salmonella Isolated from Stray Dogs in Chittagong Metropolitan Area, Proceedings of the 8th One Health Conference, 28-29th April, RAWA complex, Dhaka.
5) Imtiaz M.A., Ahaduzzaman M., Islam K.M.F., Shaikat A.H., Islam M.Z., Islam M.S., Hassan M.M., and Hoque M.A. 2014. Antibiotic resistance pattern against E. coli and Salmonella in captive wild birds of safari park, Bangladesh In: Proceedings of the Eleventh Annual Scientific Conference (ASCON-XI), 6th March 2014 at Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Bangladesh. Abstract No. P-1, p .50; Poster.
6) Das S., Islam M.S., Mannan M.A., Hossain M.A., Kamruddin K.M. 2013. Detection and Characteriation of rabies virus from south eastern part of Bangladesh In: Abstract of the 10th Annual Scientific Conference (Ascon-X), 6th April 2013 at Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Bangladesh. Abstract no P-17, p.19; Poster.
Zoonotic diseases and Autoimmune diseases
Necropsy, Histopathology, Clinical Pathology, Molecular pathology, Wild animal Pathology, Infectious disease Pathology and Avian Pathology.
GPT 201: General Pathology
GNP 202: General Pathology-II and Nutritional Pathology
SPT 301: Systemic Pathology
PID 302: Pathology of Infectious Diseases
APT 401: Avian Pathology
CLP 401: Clinical Pathology
NPT 601: Necropsy
HPT 601: Histopathology
IPT 602: Immunopathology
GPT 602: General Pathology
CPT 602: Clinical Pathology
MPT 602: Molecular Pathology
1) Molecular characterization of different bacterial agents causing neonatal calf diarrhea with their comparative pathology in dead calves
2) Indentification and molecular characterization of Cryptosporidium spp. From fecal sample of neonatal calf and its pathology in dead calf
3) Clinicopathological study of clinical and subclinical mastitis in small ruminant in Chittagong, Bangladesh
4) Molecular identification of Haemonchus contortus from small ruminants in Bangladesh.
5) Molecular and epidemiological investigation of Newcastle disease in Chittagong, Bangladesh