DR. Mohammad Mahmudul Hassan
Mr. Mohammad Mahmudul Hassan (Milad) received his bachelor degree of Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) and Maters of Philosophy (MPhil) in Biological Science from the University of Chittagong, Bangladesh. Thereafter, he received postgraduate course training (MSc) in Veterinary Epidemiology from the Belgium. He has received an overseas clinical training from Tamilnadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University as a part of his internship program. He also received Epidemiology training from Tufts Cumming School of Veterinary Medicine, USA. Currently, he is the third year doctoral student of Centre for Integrative Ecology (CIE) of Deakin University, Australia.
He joined in the Department of Physiology, Biochemistry and Pharmacology, Faculty of veterinary Medicine, Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (CVASU) as a Lecturer in 2003 and promoted as Assistant Professor in 2007 and he holds a position as Associate Professor from 2012 to till date in the same Department and Faculty at CVASU. His research interests are in the areas of Drug residues, Antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in wildlife and environment, Ecology and Epidemiology of wildlife diseases, avian influenza, Conservation biology, and One health.
Mr. Hassan has significant record of research that includes publications in a number of papers in the peer reviewed journals such as Preventive Veterinary Medicine, The Bangladesh Veterinarians, Turkish Journal of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Veterinary World, International Journal of Livestock Production, Bangladesh Journal of Veterinary Medicine, Pakistan Veterinary Journal, Journal Advanced Veterinary and Animal Research, and International Journal of One Health. In addition, he has presented a significant number of oral and poster and published conference papers and abstracts in the proceedings of various conferences in home and abroad like USA, The Netherlands, Bhutan, Ethiopia, and Australia. Mr Hassan has had some professional achievements during his academic career. He has received several awards during his student life and academic career. He actively involved with conservation of bats and awareness campaign to combat the risk of nipah, vaccination and neutering of street dog to control rabies. He organized a young One Health group “One Health Young Voice” in Bangladesh. He supervised several undergraduate students in their undergraduate research and supervised and co-supervised a number of students in their Master’s research.
Updated articles (https://scholar.google.com.au/citations?user=uSZ55ZAAAAAJ&hl=en ):
1) Faruq AA, Hassan MM, Uddin MM, Rahman ML, Rakib TM, Alam M, Islam A. Prevalence and multidrug resistance pattern ofSalmonella isolated from resident wild birds of Bangladesh. International Journal of One Health, 2: 35-41. 2016.
2) Islam A, Nath AD, Islam K, Islam S, Chakma S, Hossain MB, Faruq AA, Hassan MM. Isolation, identification and antimicrobial resistance profile of Staphylococcus aureus in Cockroaches (Periplaneta Americana). Journal of Advanced Veterinary and Animal Research, 3 (3): 221-228.2016.
3) Hassan MM, Ahaduzzaman M, Alam M, Bari MS, Amin KB, Faruq AA. Antimicrobial Resistance Pattern against E. coli and Salmonella spp. in Environmental Effluents. International Journal of Natural Sciences, 5 (2), 52-58. 2016.
4) Mahmud T, Hassan MM, Alam M, Khan MM, Bari MS, Islam A. Prevalence and multidrug-resistant pattern of Salmonella from the eggs and egg-storing trays of retail markets of Bangladesh. International Journal of One Health, 7-11. 2016.
5) Koop G, Islam MN, Rahman MM, Khatun M, Ferdous J, Sayeed MA, Hassan MM, Hoque MA. Risk factors and therapy for goat mastitis in a hospital-based case-control study in Bangladesh. Preventive veterinary medicine 124, 52-57. 2016.
6) Rakib TM, Hassan MM, Faruq AA, Erfan R, Barua SR, Faruk MA, Alam M. Effect of transport on phys-ical and haematological status of cattle in Bangladesh. Journal of Animal Health and Production, 4 (3), 78-86. 2016.
7) Islam MN, Shaikat AH, Islam KMF, Shil SK, Akter S, Rahman MM, Hassan MM, Islam A, Khan SA, Furey N. First record of Ratanaworabhans’s Fruit Bat Megaeropsniphanae Yenbutra & Felten, 1983 (Chiroptera: Pteropodidae) from Bangladesh. Journal of Threatened Taxa 7, (11): 7821-7824. 2015.
8) Chowdhury S, Hassan MM, Alam M, Sattar S, Bari MS, Saifuddin AKM. Antibiotic residues in milk and eggs of commercial and local farms at Chittagong, Bangladesh. Veterinary World, 8 (4): 467-471. 2015.
9) Hossain ME, Chanda T, Debnath GK, Hassan MM, Shaikat AH. Influence of body condition score on yield and composition of milk crossbred dairy cows. Iranian Journal of Applied Animal Science, 5 (2): 309-315. 2015.
10) Shaikat AH, Hoque MA, Islam SKMA, Hassan MM, Khan SA, Saifuddin AKM. Investigation of sex reversal in layer chickens in Bangladesh. Advance in Animal and Veterinary Sciences, 3 (4): 245-252. 2015.
11) Hoque MA, Hassan MM, Haque E, Shaikat AH, Khan SA, Alim A. A survey of gastro-intestinal parasitic infection in domestic and wild birds in Chittagong and Greater Sylhet, Bangladesh. Preventive veterinary medicine, 117 (1): 305-312. 2014.
12) Sattar S, Hassan MM, Islam SKMA, Alam M, Faruk MSA, Chowdhury S. Antibiotic residues in broiler and layer meat in Chittagong district of Bangladesh. Veterinary World, 7 (9): 738-743. 2014.
13) Hossain MB, Islam MN, Shaikat AH, Yasin MG, Hassan MM, Islam SKMA. Biochemical profile of wild-captured Indian Flying Fox (Pteropus giganteus) in Bangladesh. Bangladesh Journal of Veterinary Medicine, 11 (1): 75-79. 2014.
14) Mamun MA, Hassan MM, Shaikat AH, Islam SKMA, Hoque MA, Uddin M. Biochemical analysis of blood of native cattle in the hilly area of Bangladesh. Bangladesh Journal of Veterinary Medicine, 11 (1): 51-56. 2014.
15) Alam M, Sultana S, Hassan MM, Hasanuzzaman M, Faruk MSA. Socio-economic status of the farmers and economic analysis of poultry farming at Gazipur district in Bangladesh. International Journal of Natural Sciences, 4 (2): 8-12. 2014.
16) Hossain ME, Das GB, Hassan MM, Shaikat AH, Bari ASM. The effect of choline chloride supplementation on performance parameters and carcass characteristics of broiler. Iranian Journal of Applied Animal Science, 4 (2): 373-378. 2014.
17) Alam M, Das BC, Hassan MM, Ahaduzzaman M, Faruk MSA. Ruminal acidosis-A case compilation study in SAQ Teaching Veterinary Hospital, Bangladesh. Veterinary World, 7 (1): 38-43. 2014.
18) Hassan MM, Amin KB, Ahaduzzaman M, Alam M, Faruk MSA, Uddin I. Antimicrobial Resistance Pattern against E. coli and Salmonella in Layer Poultry. Research Journal for Veterinary Practitioners, 2 (2): 30-35. 2014.
19) Ahaduzzaman M, Hassan MM, Alam M, Islam SKMA, Uddin I. Antimicrobial Resistance Pattern against Staphylococcus aureus in Environmental Effluents. Research Journal for Veterinary Practitioners, 2 (1): 13-16. 2014.
20) Bari MS, Kober MH, Islam MM, Hassan MM, Torab A. Nutritionalquality of ripened Jackfruit (Artocarpus heterophillus) of Bangladesh. Advances in Agriculture, Sciences and Engineering Research, 3 (11). 2013.
21) Shaikat AH, Hassan MM, Khan SA, Islam N, Hoque MA, Bari S. Haemato-biochemical profiles of indigenous goats (Capra hircus) at Chittagong, Bangladesh. Veterinary World, 6 (10). 2013.
22) Hoque MA, Tun HM, Hassan MM, Khan SA, Islam SKMA, Islam MN. Molecular epidemiology of influenza A (H5N1) viruses, Bangladesh, 2007–2011. Preventive veterinary medicine, 111 (3-4): 314-318. 2013.
23) Shaikat AH, Hassan MM, Islam SKMA, Khan SA, Haque MA, Islam MN. Non-protein nitrogen compound poisoning in cattle. University Journal of Zoology, Rajshahi University, 31: 65-68. 2013.
24) Ahasan ASML, Islam MS, Kabria A, Rahman ML, Hassan MM, Uddin M. Major variation in branches of the abdominal aorta in New Zealand white rabbit (Orycotolagus Cuniculus). International Journal of Natural Sciences, 2 (4): 91-98. 2013.
25) Hossain MB, Islam MN, Yasin MG, Hassan MM, Islam SKMA, Khan SA. Hematological profile of wild-captured Indian flying fox (Pteropus giganteus) in Bangladesh. International Journal of Natural Sciences, 3 (1/4): 12-17. 2013.
26) Khan SA, Alauddin M, Hassan MM, Islam SKMA, Hossain MB, Shaikat AH. Comparative Performance and Hemato-Biochemical Profile of Jinding Ducks in Different Production Systems of Bangladesh. Pakistan Veterinary Journal, 33 (1): 113-116. 2013.
27) Hassan MM, Khan SA, Shaikat AH, Hossain ME, Hoque MA, Ullah MH. Analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects of ethanol extracted leaves of selected medicinal plants in animal model. Veterinary World, 6 (2): 68-71. 2013.
28) Islam MN, Shaikat AH, Khan SA, Hassan MM, Kriger KM. Concern over destroying frog habitat on the occasion of Save The Frogs Day in Bangladesh. Frog Log, 20: 28. 2012.
29) Uddin MN, Uddin MB, Mamun MA, Hassan MM, Khan MMH. Small scale dairy farming for livelihoods of rural farmers: constraint and prospect in Bangladesh. Journal of Animal Science Advance, 2 (6): 543-550. 2012.
30) Hassan MM, Hoque MA, Islam SKMA, Khan SA, Hossain MB. Efficacy of anthelmintics against parasitic infections and their treatment effect on the production and blood indices in Black Bengal goats in Bangladesh. Turkish Journal of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, 36 (4): 400-408. 2012.
31) Islam SKMA, Alauddin M, Hassan MM, Khan SA, Alam MR, Hossain MB, Ahasan ASML, Saifuddin AKM, Sultana S, Tun HM, Shaikat AH, Debnath NC and Hoque MA. Biochemical Analysis on Blood and Crop Contents of Household Chickens Along With Their Production and Health Status in Bangladesh. Pakistan Veterinary Journal, 32(4): 575-578. 2012.
32) Miazi OF, Miah G, Miazi MM, Uddin MM, Hassan MM, Ahsan MF. Fertility and Hatchability of Fayoumi and Sonali Chicks. Scholarly Journal of Agricultural Science, 2 (5): 83-86. 2012.
33) Das S, Alim MA, Hassan MM, Sikder S, Muraduzzaman MM. Spirocercosis in stray dogs of Chittagong Metropolitan area of Bangladesh: an epidemiological and pathological investigation. Veterinary World, 4: 485-490. 2011.
34) Alim MA, Das S, Roy K, Masuduzzaman MM, Sikder S, Hassan MM. Prevalence of haemoprotozoan diseases in Cattle Population of Chittagong Division, Bangladesh. Pakistan Veterinary Journal, 32 (2): 221-224. 2011.
35) Miazi OF, Miah G, Uddin MM, Hassan MM, Ahsan MF. Effects of environment and genotype for the expression of weight gain of Fayoumi and Sonali chicks. International Journal of Natural Sciences, 1 (1): 22-24. 2011.
36) Hassan MM, Hoque MA, Islam SKMA, Khan SA, Roy K, Banu Q. A prevalence of parasites in black bengal goats in Chittagong, Bangladesh. International Journal of Livestock Production, 2 (4): 40-44. 2011.
37) Khan SA, Hassan MM, Uddin MB, Rahman ZMM, Yasin MG, Epstein JH. Caesarean of Lion (Panthera leo) at Dulahajra Safari Park, Bangladesh. Open veterinary journal, 1 (1): 10-12. 2011.
38) Hassan MM, Shahinuzzaman ABM, Khan SA, Uddin MB. Anti-Diarrhoeal, Antimicrobial and Cytotoxic Effect of Ethanol Extracted Guava (Psidium guajava) Leaves. Vet Scan, 6 (2). 2011.
39) Khan SA, Epstein JH, Olival KJ, Hassan MM, Hossain MB, Rahman K. Hematology and serum chemistry reference values of stray dogs in Bangladesh. Open veterinary journal, 1 (1): 13-20.
40) Mamun MA, Bhuiyan MJU, Zinnah MA, Khair A, Hassan MM, Uddin MB. Sero-prevalence and pathological investigation of salmonellosis in poultry. Eurasian Journal of Veterinary Sciences, 27 (4): 227-229. 2011.
41) Mamun MA, Bhuiyan MJU, Zinnah MA, Hassan MM, Atikuzzaman M. Prevalence of Fasciola infection in ruminants. Eurasian Journal of Veterinary Sciences, 27 (4): 241-244. 2011.
42) Hassan MM, Saha AK, Khan SA, Islam SKMA, Mahabub-Uz-Zaman M. Studies on the antidiarrhoeal, antimicrobial and cytotoxic activities of ethanol-extracted leaves of yellow oleander (Thevetia peruviana). Open Veterinary Journal, 1: 28-31. 2011.
43) Khan SA, Hassan MM, Yasin MG. Intestinal Intussusception in a Cow and its Surgical Correction. Intas Polivet, 11 (2). 2010.
44) Sen AB, Islam SKMA, Kibria A, Hassan MM, Uddin MS. Rumen physiology in digestive disordered sheep. International Journal of Sustainable Agricultural Technology, 6 (10): 13-17. 2010.
45) Hassan MM, Shuvo KB, Khan SA, Elahi MF, Mony TJ, Roy K. Correction and management of uterine prolapse and retained placenta in cows at Faridpur, Bangladesh. Intas Polivet, 11 (1): 16-18. 2010.
46) Khan SA, Hassan MM, Yasin MG. Acute Leptospirosis in Dog-A case report. The Internet Journal of Veterinary Medicine, 7 (2). 2010.
47) Uddin MB, Ahmed SSU, Hassan MM, Khan SA, Mamun MA. Prevalence of poultry disease at Narsingdi, Bangladesh. International Journal of Bio Research, 1 (9): 13. 2010.
48) Uddin MB, Khan SA, Hassan MM, Islam MT, Anwar KM. Antimicrobial and antidiarrhoeal effect of crude extract of Mango (Mangifera indica) leaves. Eco-Friendly Agriculture Journal, 2 (7): 662-665. 2009.
49) Islam SKMA, Hoque MA, Hassan MM, Alam MR, Hossain MB, Roy K. A cross-sectional study of triclabendazole plus levamizole and combination of sulphonamides against gastrointestinal parasites and coccidiosis of goats. Bangladesh Journal of Livestock Research, 16 (1-2): 92-96. 2009.
50) Khan SA, Hassan MM, Hossain MF, Epstein JH. Correction of urolithiasis in male calf by ischealurethrostomy. Intas Polivet, 10 (2): 255-257. 2009.
51) Hassan MM, Khan SA, Epstein JH, Chowdhury MMM, Islam SKMA. Clinico-pathological findings of a Royal Bengal tiger (Panthera tigris)-A Case Report. Intas Polivet, 10 (1): 120-121. 2009.
52) Khan SA, Hassan MM, Alam MR, Islam SKMA, Hoque MA. Prevalence of Unsuccessful Services and Evaluation of intervention on Dairy Cattle at Sonargoan Veterinary Clinics, Narayonganj, Bangladesh. International Journal of Sustainable Agricultural Technology, 4 (1): 1-4. 2009.
53) Miazi OF, Islam MR, Hassan MM, Khan SA, Uddin MM. Productive and Reproductive performances of Black Bengal goat. Eco-Friendly Agriculture Journal, 1 (5): 319-321. 2008.
54) Sultana S, Hassan MM, Khan SA, Hashem MA, Islam SKMA. Social condition, Productive and Reproductive Performances of Goats in some selected areas of Bangladesh. Eco-Friendly Agriculture Journal, 1 (3): 163-166. 2008.
55) Sultana S, Ahmed SSU, Hassan MM, Mobasser K, Miazi OF, Islam SKMA. Frequency of Digestive and Respiratory Disorders of Goats in Relation to Economic Status of Household Farmers. Eco-Friendly Agriculture Journal, 1 (4): 190-192. 2008.
56) Miazi OF, Uddin MM, Hassan MM, Sultana S, Happy SA. Black Bengal Goat Rearing at Ishwargonj of Mymensingh District in Bangladesh. International Journal of Sustainable Agricultural Technology, 4 (6): 6-8. 2008.
57) Roy K, Adhikary S, Hassan MM, Sultana S, Chowdhury S. Review of literature: Trypanocidal Drug (Iso-metamidium Chloride): Resistance against Trypanosoma congolense and Socio-economic Impact on the context of Africa. Eco-Friendly Agriculture Journal, 1 (5): 214-217. 2008.
58) Hassan MM, Haque MA, Sultana S, Islam SKMA, Khan SA, Saifuddin AKM. Socio-economic Status of Goat Keeper in Semi-scavenging Rearing System at Chittaging, Bangladesh. Eco-Friendly Agriculture Journal, 1 (4): 214-217. 2008.
59) Hassan MM, Islam SKMA, Alam MR, Khan SA, Ahasan ASML. Arsenic Toxicosis in Dairy Herd in Chittagong, Bangladesh. International Journal of Sustainable Agricultural Technology, 4 (1): 28-31. 2008.
60) Chowdhury MMM, Hassan MM, Khan SA, Islam SKMA, Miazi OF. Impaction in a captive Spotted Deer at Chittagong Zoo, Bangladesh: A case report. International Journal of Animal and Fisheries Science, 1 (2): 65-67. 2008.
61) Hassan MM, Miazi OF, Islam SKMA, Khan SA, Sultana S. Prevalence of Mastitis and Black Quarter and response of treatment at Kalihati Upazilla, Bangladesh. International Journal of Sustainable Agricultural Technology, 3 (6): 37-40. 2007.
62) Islam SKMA, Ahasan ASML, Chanda GC, Alam MR, Saifuddin AKM, Sultana S, Hassan MM. A Descriptive study on reproductive traits and periparturient events of mare reared at intensive farm condition at Remount Veterinary and Farm Depot, Savar, Dhaka in Bangladesh. Bangladesh Journal of Livestock Research, 14 (1-2): 104-110. 2007.
63) Miazi OF, Hossain ME, Hassan MM. Productive and reproductive performance of crossbred and indigenous dairy cows under rural conditions in Comilla, Bangladesh. University Journal of Zoology, Rajshahi University, 26: 67-70. 2007.
64) Hassan MM, Mahmud SMN, Islam SKMA, Miazi OF. A comparative study on reproductive performance and productivity of the Black Bengal and Crossbred goat at Atrai, Bangladesh. University Journal of Zoology, Rajshahi University, 26: 55-57. 2007.
65) Islam SKMA, Hoque MA, Alam MR, Hassan MM, Rahman MA. A cross-sectional study on production performance of stall fed dairy cattle at Central Cattle Breeding Station (CCBS), Savar, Dhaka. Bangladesh Journal of Veterinary Medicine, 4 (1): 61-63. 2006.
66) Islam SKMA, Ahamed S, Hoque MA, Alim MA, Hassan MM. Gastrointestinal Parasites of captive Deer and their response to selected anthelmintics. Bangladesh Veterinary Journal, 37 (1-4): 63-66. 2003.
His research career started at Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Bangladesh in 2003. Initially he worked with herbal drugs and the efficacy of commercial drugs but now he is working with AMR, Drug residues, AIV in wildlife-human interface, viral diversity, Conservation and One Health. He is particularly interested in the following:
Antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in wildlife and environment
Drug residues in food animal and their product
AIV at wildlife-poultry-human interface
Viral diversity at wildlife-human interface
Ecology and Epidemiology of wildlife diseases
Conservation and molecular biology
General Pharmacology (GPH-202)
Pharmacology and Therapeutics (PHT-301)
Veterinary Epidemiology (VEP-401)
Systemic Physiology (102)
General Pharmacology (GPH-601)
General Toxicology (GTL-601)
Pharmacology of Autacoids and locally acting Drugs (PAL-601)
Systemic Pharmacology (SPM-602)
Toxicology of Pesticides (TOP-602)
Wildlife Physiology (WPH-601)