I would like to establish a research career covering field and laboratory works. I have a strong desire to join in an active research group or organization where I can try to evolve my full effort, hard labor, enthusiasm, and creativity to achieve my research and organizational goal. I also intend to upgrade my educational and personal skills, which will help me to establish a successful career.
|Name of degree||Name of the Institute||Result||Year of Passing||Medium of Instruction||Duration||Thesis Title|
|Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Neuroanatomy
||United Graduate School of Veterinary Science, Gifu University, Japan||--||2019
||English||4 years||Studies on the Distribution of Calretinin in the Rabbit Midcingulate Cortex|
|Master of Science (MS) in Anatomy||Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University,
|3.95 (on scale of 4) (First position)
||Topography of Retinal Ganglion Cells of Chicken and Duck
|Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM)
||Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University,
|3.80 (on scale of 4) (4th position among 56 students)
|Employer||Position held||Job Description||Duration|
|Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Khulshi, Chittagong-4202, Bangladesh||Associate Professor, Department of Anatomy and Histology||Teaching undergraduate and post-graduate students; Providing laboratory support activities particularly Laboratory techniques in Histology and Anatomy; Tutorial group counseling.||4th February, 2018 to present
|Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Khulshi, Chittagong-4202, Bangladesh||Assistant Professor, Department of Anatomy andHistology||Teaching undergraduate and post-graduate students; Providing laboratory support activities particularly Laboratory techniques in Histology and Anatomy; Tutorial group counseling.||24thMarch, 2012 to 4th February, 2018
|Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Khulshi, Chittagong-4202, Bangladesh||Lecturer, Department of Anatomy and Histology||Teaching undergraduate students; Providing laboratory support activities particularly Laboratory techniques in Histology and Anatomy; Tutorial group counseling.||16thJanuary, 2010 to 23thMarch, 2012
Molecular Biology, Histochemistry, Immunohistochemistry, Veterinary Histology, Anatomy of Immune System, Canine and Feline Anatomy, Ruminant Anatomy, Equine Anatomy, Neuro and Endocrine Anatomy, Avian Anatomy, Developmental Anatomy, Evolutionary Anatomy
Veterinary Gross Anatomy, Histology and Embryology, Avian Anatomy, Comparative and Neuro-Anatomy, Applied Anatomy
1) Interested in study, research and in getting training more according to my area of research interest.
2) Handling of Compound and Photomicroscope
3) Staining techniques in Histology such as HE stain, PAS stain, Masson’s trichrome stain, Cresylviolet stain, VerhoeffVangieson stain and Reticulin stain
4) Different techniques on anatomical dissection of animals and birds
5) Have capabilities to go anywhere for study and research purposes.
I have been worked as a co-investigator of the following projects undertaken by Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University –
1) “Visual acuity and color discrimination of some avian species (chicken, duck, sparrow and pigeon)’’.
2) “Visual acuity and color discrimination of Jungle Crow of Bangladesh”
3) “Regional specialization of collagen and elastic fibres of indigenous cattle for quality leather production”.
4) “Establishment of Anatomical Museum at Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University”.
5) “Post-natal development of small intestine of cob-500 broiler chickens”.
Training and Workshops Attended
1) Attended in 4 days long training on “Detection of Rabies neutralization anitibodyusig VSV-pseudo type” held from 13th-16th December, 2016 at Tokyo, Japan.
2) Received “Clinical Training from Madras Veterinary College” Tamil Nadu Veterinary & Animal Sciences University, Chennai, India for 15 days from 1st May to 15th May,
3) Received “Clinical Training from Veterinary College and Research Institute” Namakkal, India for 15 days from 16th May to 30th May, 2009.
4) Joined in 7 days long training workshop on “Teaching Techniques and Methods of Financial Management” held from 22-29 February, 2012 at PRTC, Chittagong, Bangladesh.
5) Attended in 3 days long international training and workshop on “Basic Laboratory Techniques in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology” held from 8-10 September, 2013 at PRTC, Chittagong,Bangladesh.
6) Joined in the 7th, 8th and 9th Annual Scientific Conference organized by Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, held from 17-19 March, 2009; 21-25 September, 2010 and 7-8 March, 2012 respectively at Agrabad Hotel, Chittagong, Bangladesh.
7) Attended in 3 days regional workshop on “Capacity Building for Field Clinical Practice through Problem Solving Approach” organized by Madras Veterinary College, Chennai, India from 14-16 May,2009.
8) Participated in the Workshop on “Entrepreneurship, Leadership Development and Comunication skills” held 29th August to 3th September 2008 at Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University conference room, Chittagong, Bangladesh.
9) Attended in the workshop on “Conceptualization of Self-Assessment exercise at Faculty of Veterinary Medicine” held in 25-26 May, 2011 at Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University conference room, Chittagong,Bangladesh
Conference and Symposium Attended
1) Uddin M, Honda Y, Shibata H. A study on parvalbumin immunopositive neuronal somata and neuropils in the rabbit midcingulate cortex. Abstract p. 241 (26th -29th July, 2018. Held in Kobe, Japan)
2) Uddin M, Honda Y, Shibata H. Distributions of calbindin D-28K immunopositive somata and neuropils in the rabbit midcingulate cortex. Abstract p. 186 (28th -30th March, 2018. Held in Tokyo, Japan).
3) Uddin M, Honda Y, Shibata H. Distribution of calbindin D 28K immunopositive somata in the rabbit midcingulate cortex. 6th Congress of the Asian Association of Veterinary Anatomists. Abstract p. 20 (15th-16th October, 2017. Held in Kuching, Malaysia)
4) Uddin M, Honda Y, Shibata H. Distribution of calretinin immunoreactive somata and neuropils in the midcingulate cortex of the rabbit. 122th annual meeting of anatomist. Abstract p. 168 (28th-30th March, 2017. Held in Nagasaki, Japan).
5) Uddin M, Honda Y, Shibata H. Quantitative study of calretinin-immunoreactive neuronal perikarya in the rabbit midcingulate cortex. 8thJoint Symposium of Veterinary Research in East Asia. Abstract p. 11 (19th-21th February, 2017. Held in Taichung, Taiwan).
6) Uddin M, Rahman M, Sugita S. Topography of retinal ganglion cells in the duck. 8th Annual Scientific Conference. Abstract p. (21-25 September, 2010. Held in Chittagong, Bangladesh).
1) Uddin M, Shibata H (2019). Distribution of calretinin immunopositive somata and fibers in the rabbit midcingulate cortex. Journal of Veterinary Medical Science 8:57-65
2) Hossain ME, Uddin M,Shil SK, MHB Kabir, Mahmud MS, Islam KN (2016). Histomorphometrical Characterization of Skin of Native Cattle (Bos indicus) in Bangladesh. American Journal of Medical and Biological Research 4: 43-65
3) Islam MS, Das S, Alim MA, Uddin M, Kabir MHB, Islam MT, Ghosh KK, M Masuduzzaman (2014). Progressive Type of Canine Transmissible Venereal Tumor (CTVT) in a Male Stray Dog: a Case Report. Research Journal for Veterinary Practitioners 2: 70-72
4) Uddin M, Hossain ME, Islam MS, Hossain MB, Islam KN (2013). Quantitative study on some aspect of occipital area in domestic cat (feliscatus). International journal of natural science 3: 18-21
5) Uddin M,Quasem MA and Rhaman ML (2013). Regional specialization of the cell density in the retina of the native duck (Anas platyrhynchos) of Bangladesh. AnatomiaHistologiaEmbryologia42: 471-478 (IF: 0.88)
6) Uddin M,Sarker MHR, Hossain ME, Islam MS, Hossain MB, SK Shil (2013) Morphometric investigation of neurocranium in domestic cat (feliscatus). Bangladesh Journal of Veterinary Medicine 11: 69-73
7) Shil SK, Uddin M,Kibria G, Ahasan ASML, Rahman ML, Quasem MA (2013). The Skeleton of Indian Rock Python (Python MolurusMolurus). Indian Journal of Veterinary Anatomy 25: 25-26
8) Shil SK, QuasemMA, Rahman ML, Kibria ASMG, Uddin M,Ahasan ASML (2013). Macro anatomy of bones of pelvis and hind limb of Asian Elephant (Elephas maximus). International Journal of Morphology 31: 1473-1478
9) Mamun MA, Hassan MM, Shaikat AH, Islam SKMA, Hoque MA, Uddin M, Hossain MB (2013). Biochemical analysis of blood of native cattle in the hilly area of Bangladesh. Bangladesh Journal of Veterinary Medicine 11: 51-56
10) Uddin M, Rahman ML, AlimMA (2012). Anatomical study on origin, course and distribution of cranial and caudal mesenteric arteries in the White New Zealand rabbit (Orycotolagus cuniculus). International Journal of Natural Sciences 2: 43-48
11) Ahasan ASML, Islam MS, Kibria ASMG, Rahman ML, Hassan MM, Uddin M(2012). Major variation of branches of abdominal aorta in White New Zealand rabbit (Orycotolagus cuniculus). International Journal of Natural Sciences 2: 91-98
12) Shil SK, Das BC, Uddin M,Rahman ML, Quasem MA (2012). Anatomy of Digestive and Respiratory System of Indian Grey Mongoose (HerpestesEdwardsii). University Journal of Zoology31: 83-84
13) Alim MA, Das S, Roy K, Sikder S, Uddin M, Zaman MM, Hossain MA (2012). Prevalence of Gastrointestinal Parasitism in cattle of Chittagong Division, Bangladesh. Wayamba Journal of Animal Science. Number1330976338
14) Uddin M,Rahman ML, Alim MA, Kabir MBH, Kashem MA (2011). Macroanatomical investigation of brachial plexus of the White New Zealand rabbit (Orycotolagus cuniculus). International Journal of Natural Sciences 1: 74-76
15) Kabir MHB, Mondal MMH, Eliyas M, Mannan MA, Hashem MA, Debnath NC, Miazi OF, Uddin M,Kashem MA, Islam MR, Elahi MF (2011). An epidemiological survey on investigation of tick infestation incattle at Chittagong District, Bangladesh. African Journal of Microbiological Research 5: 346-352 (Impact factor: 0.54)
16) Uddin M,Hossain MB, Miah G (2010). Effect of genetic and non-genetic factors on prevalence of sub-clinical mastitis in dairy cows at some selected farms in Chittagong district in University Journal of Science and Technology8:120-12
17) Kabir MHB, Eliyas M, Hashem MA, Uddin M,MiaziOF (2010). prevalence of zoonotic parasitic diseases of domestic animals in different abattoir of Comilla and Brahmanbaria region in University Journal of Zoology 20:21-25
Membership of Professional Societies
1) Member, Japanese Association of Anatomist
2) Japan Neuroscience Society
3) Member, Bangladesh Veterinary Council (BVC)
Excellent in verbal and writing communication skills of English and Bengali languages
1) Operating Software: Microsoft Windows 95/98/2000/NT/ XP/ Vista/7/8/10, Microsoft Office 97/2000/2003/2007/2010/2016
2) Utility Software: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, CANVAS, STATA-12