DR. Tahmina Bilkis
TAHMINA BILKIS received the Bachelor degree in Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) and Master of Science in Animal Breeding and Genetics from Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (CVASU), Chittagong, Bangladesh.
She joined as a Lecturer in the Department of Genetics and Animal Breeding, CVASU in 2011 and holds a position of Assistant Professor from 2014. Her research interests are in the areas of Genetics and Animal Breeding.
DR. TAHMINA has a strong record of research in her area that includes publications of a number of papers in the reputed journals.
1) Tahmina Bilkis, Md. Kabirul Islam Khan, Ashutosh Das, Omar Faruk Miazi, Md. Moksedul Momin and Md. Enamul Haq Hazary (2016): Artificial insemination practices and factors affecting conception rate of dairy cows in the commercial dairy farms. International Journal of Science, Environment and Technology (Accepted).
2) A. B. Khaleduzzaman, M.A. Al-Mamun, Md. Asraful Kabir, Tahmina Bilkis, Md. Enamul Haq Hazary (2016): Low-Cost Forage Preservation and Evaluation In Relation to Nutrient Intake, Digestibility and Rumen Fermentation Characteristics of Indigenous Crossbred Cattle. International Journal of Recent Scientific Research, Vol 7, Issue, 6, pp. 12220-12226, ISSN 0976-3031.
3) Gous Miah, Ashutosh Das, Tahmina Bilkis, Md. Moksedul Momin, Md. Arif Uddin. Md. Abdul Alim, Mohammad Shawkat Mahmud and Omar Faruk Miazi (2016): Comparative Study on Productive and Reproductive Traits of Black Bengal and Jamnapari Goats under Semi- Intensive Condition. Scientific Research Journal (SCIRJ), Volume IV, Issue II, ISSN 2201-2796.
4) Bilkis, T., Hazary, M.E. H.,Kibria, A. S. M.G., Quasem, A. M., Ahmed, S. S., Uddin, M.M. ( 2015): Prevalence of Urolithiasis in goat attended at SAQ Teaching Veterinary Hospital in Chittagong. Bangladesh Journal of Veterinary and Animal Sciences. Vol. 3, No. 1 & 2, pp (15-19).
5) Md. Enamul Haq Hazary, Tahmina Bilkis, Zahirul Haque Khandaker, Md. Ali Akbar, A. B. M. Khaleduzzaman (2015): Effect of Nitrogen and Phosphorus Fertilizer on Yield and Nutritional Quality of Jumbo Grass (Sorghum Grass x Sudan Grass). Advances in Animal and Veterinary Sciences 3 (8):444-450, ISSN (Online): 2307-8316, ISSN (Print): 2309-3331.
6) M. Sydur Rahman , M. Kabirul Islam Khan and T. Bilkis (2014): Effect of flushed feeding and age on estrus synchronization and conception rate of Holstein × Local crossbred cows after using analogue GnRH and prostaglandin F2α hormone. Iranian Journal of Applied Animal Science 4(3), 493-497, 2014, ISSN (Print): 2251-628X, ISSN (Online): 2251-631X.
7) Tahmina Bilkis, Md. Kabirul Islam Khan, Md. Sydur Rahman and Gazi Md. Noor Uddin (2013): Inheritance Pattern of Sex-Linked Trait and Fedding and Sexual Behaviour of Drosophila melanogaster . International Journal of Pure and Applied Zoology, Vol. 1, Issuse 4, pp. 337-343, 2013, ISSN (Print): 2320-9577, ISSN (Online): 2320-9585.
8) Tahmina Bilkis, Md. Manirul Islam, M.C. Sumy, Md. Nasim Ali Mandal and Gazi. Md. Noor Uddin (2013): Rapid Estimation of Quality of Raw Milk for its Suitability for Further Processing in the Dairy Industries of Bangladesh. International Journal of Dairy Science 8 (1):1-11, 2013, (ISSN 1811-9743).
9) G.C. Chanda, G.M.N. Uddin, A. Deb, S. Chowdhury and T. Bilkis (2008): Microbiological Profile of the traditionally collected industrial raw milk from the milk pocket zones of Bangladesh. Bangladesh Journal of Microbiology, Vol. 25, Number 1, pp. 17-20, June 2008.
10) G.C. Chanda, G.M.N. Uddin, A. Deb, S. Chowdhury and T. Bilkis (2007): Physical and Chemical quality of market milk (Cow’s milk) produced by the private dairy farms in the Chittagong Metropolitan area, Bangladesh. Journal of Agricultural Education and Technology, 10 (1&2): 127-130, December 2007, (ISSN 1729-097X).
11) G.M.N. Uddin, G.C. Chanda, A. Deb, S. Chowdhury and T. Bilkis (2006): Microbiological and Hygienic quality of the market milk (Cow’s milk) produced by the private dairy farms in Chittagong Metropolitan area of Bangladesh. Journal of Agricultural Education and Technology, 9(1&2): 131-136, December 2006, (ISSN 1729-097X).
Breeding for Disease Resistance in Farm Animals