Prof. Goutam Kumar Debnath
Department of Dairy and Poultry Science,
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine,
Telephone:+88-031-659093, 659493 Ext 171 (Off)
+88-031-659093 Ext 143 (Res)
Goutam Kumar Debnath received the B.Sc. in Animal Husbandry and M.Sc. in Dairy Science from the Bangladesh Agricultural University (BAU), Mymensing, Bangladesh, and enrolled for the Ph.D. degree in Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University. Hecom pleted his Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management from Institute of Personnel Management, Bangladesh. He received several training regarding the field of teaching and research from different renowned institutions like Royal Veterinary College, UK, Bangalore Veterinary College, India and Bangladesh Agricultural University.He joined as a Lecturer in the Department of Dairy and Poultry Science, Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (CVASU) in 2000 and served as an Assistant Professor from 2000 until 2003 and as an Associate Professor from 2003 until 2012. Now, he holds a position of Professor in the Department of Dairy and Poultry Science since 2012 till to date. Currently he also is serving as Head of his department and Proctor of CVASU. Goutam Debnath has a strong record of research in his area that includes publications of a number of papers in the reputed journals.
1) B.K.Barman, M.A. Rahman, T.K. Paul, M.M. Murshed, M.S. Ali and G.K. Debnath (1998). Economic assessment of productive and reproductive status of dairying in selected areas of Kushtia, Progressive Agriculture, 9(1 & 2): 145-150.
2) T. Chanda,M.N. Islam, G.K. Debnath and M.J. Kabir (2001). Studied on the Storage life and keeping quality of Rasogolla at room temperature. Bangladesh Journal of Animal Science, 30(1-2):149-154.
3) M.N. Islam, G.K. Debnath, M.A. Wadud and T. Chanda (2001). Supplementary feeding on the performance of indigenous cow. Bangladesh Journal of Animal Science, 30(1-2): 21-26.
4) A. Wadud, M.K. Ali, A.K.M.H. Kober, M.N. Islam and G.K. Debnath (2002). Physical, chemical and microbiological qualities of buffalo’s milk. Bangladesh J. of Anim. Sci., 31(1-2): 91-98.
5) A.K.M.H. Kober, M.N. Islam and G.K. Debnath (2002). Physical, chemical and microbiological qualities of Sandesh. Bangladesh Veterinarian, 19(1): 23-28.
6) T. Chanda, M.N. Islam, G.K. Debnath, A.K.M. Kober, and G.C. Chanda(2002). Preparation of Rasogalla from Different Proportionate Mixture of Cow Milk and Soy-Milk Curd. Bangladesh Journal of Animal Science, 31 (1-2): 99-106.
7) M.A. Hoque, H.M. Salim, G.K. Debnath, M.A. Rahman and A.K.M. Saifuddin (2003). A study to evaluate the artificial insemination success rate in cattle population based on three years record among different sub-centers of Chittagong and Cox’s Bazar district of Bangladesh. Pakistan J. of Biological Sciences, 6(2): 105-111.
8) A.K.M. H. Kober, G.K. Debnath, G.C. Chanda, T. Chanda, M.R. Amin (2003). Economic traits of different dairy cows under village condition. Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences, 6(10): 902-904.
9) G.K. Debnath, A.K.M. H. Kober, T. Chanda, M.A. Hoque and M.A. Halim (2003). Effect of supplementary concentrate feeding on milk production, quality and body weight changes of Red Chittagong cows and their calves under village management condition. Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences, 6(10): 945-947.
10) A.K.M.H. Kober, M.A. Mannan, G.K. Debnath and S. Akther (2007). Quality evaluation of yoghurt sold in Chittagong Metropolitan area in Bangladesh. Int. J. of Sustainable Agricultural Technology, 3(6): 41-46.
11) A.K.M.H. Kober, N. Sikder and G.K. Debnath (2007). Present status and prospectus of small scale dairy farming in t he selected areas of Bangladesh. Int. J. of Subtropical Agricultural Research and Development, 5(6): 390-394.
12) G.K. Debnath, A.K.M. H. Kober, S.Talukdar and T. Chanda (2010). Microbiological Quality of Different Types of Milk in Chittagong Area Bangladesh. Eco-friendly Agri. J. 3(3):131-134.
13) S. Das, G.K Debnath, T. Chanda andS. Sarker (2010). A study on quality of milk from farm to shop in Chittagong Metropolitan Area. Int. J. Ani. & Fish. Sci., 3(1): 252-2563.
14) G.K Debnath, T. Chanda, S. Talukdar and M. Akter (2012). Detection of adulterants and preservatives added to incoming fluid milk from rural to Chittagong metropolitan areas. Bangladesh Journal of Veterinary and Animal Science, 1(1&2): 55-64.
15) T. Chanda, G.K Debnath, M.E Hossain, M.A. Islam and M.K. Begum (2012). Adulteration of raw milk in the rural areas of Barisal district of Bangladesh. Bangladesh Journal of Animal Science, 41 (2): 112-115.
16) G.K. Debnath,Kober AKMH, ChandaT ,Chanda GC and Bari MS (2014). A Comparative Study on the Quality of Available Brand and Non Brand Fluid Milk Consumed by the People of Chittagong City of Bangladesh. International Journal of Natural Sciences 4(1) : 16- 20
17) M.E. Hossain, T. Chanda, G.K. Debnath, M.M. Hassanand M.A. Haque(2014). Influence of Dietary Energy and Protein Intake on Yield and Composition of Milk in Crossbred Dairy Cows. Animal Science Applied of Iranian Journal, 4(4): 692-687.
18) M.E. Hossain, T. Chanda, G.K. Debnath, M.M. Hasan, A.H. Shaikatand M.A. Hoque(2015). Influence of Body Condition Score on Yield and Composition of Milk in Crossbred Dairy Cows. Iranian J. of Applied Animal Science, 5(2): 315 -309.
Publications in Proceedings
1) G.K. Debnath, A.K.M.H. Kober and G.C. Chanda (2008). Quality of fluid milk available in Chittagong Metropolitan area. Proceeding of 6th Annual Scientific Conference. Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, pp: 178-182.
2) M.A. Rahman, A.D. Gupta, M.A.M. Prodhan, D. Biswas, M.Y.E. Chowdhury, M. Azizunessa, A.S.M.L. Ahsan, M.N. Islam, G.K. Debnath, S.K.M.A Islam, M.A. Halim , A.K.M.H. Kober and G.C. Chanda (2008). Development and operation of a planned Dairy Health and Production Management Program in commercial dairying in Chittagong for better economic decision making and profitability. Proceeding of 6th Annual Scientific Conference. Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, pp: 183-223.
3) G.C. Chanda and G.K. Debnath (2009). Development of curriculum for undergraduate education research policies/areas of Food Science & Technology at Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University. . Proceeding of 7th Annual Scientific Conference. Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, pp: 221-230.
He has interest in research work related to the stress factors minimization and enhancing production in dairy cattle. Other than this he is interested in works related to the quality assurance of milk and milk products.
Dairy Science (DSC- 302)
Large Animal Production (LAP- 301)
Market Milk Processing Technology (MMPT- 301)
Marketing of Milk and Milk Products (MMP-601)
Quality Control of Dairy Products (QCD-601)
Advanced Dairy Cattle Production (DCP-602)
Dairy Farm Planning and Management (FPM- 602)