Institutional Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
It is my great pleasure that I write the message of the IQAC of CVASU by virtue of Institutional Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as an integral part of this University. There is a wise saying that quantity without quality is a sure prescription for disaster, while quality without quantity can act like seeds and at least something to build on. So quality is very important in higher education. The overall objective of the IQAC is to promote a quality assurance culture within the university. It will guide and assist the faculties of CVASU to define program objectives, develop standards and benchmarks for various academic and administrative activities also. Furthermore, IQAC will prepare the university to meet the external quality assurance assessment and accreditation requirements. I hope, IQAC would make its mission successful.
Dr. Md. Kabirul Islam Khan
Institutional Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
1) Facilitate the mission and objectives of the university for enhancing the quality of higher education;
2) Guide and assist the program offering entities to define program objectives;
3) Develop standards and benchmarks for various academic and administrative activities;
4) Review existing procedures for further improvement of delivery of higher education;
5) Prepare QA documents and procedures for use within the university according to the IQAC OM;
6) Encourage staff to maintain professional code of conduct in accordance with the QAU guidelines and international practices;
7) Provide necessary support to the study program offering academic units, i.e., departments, faculties and institutes to conduct the self-assessment, external peer review and implement QA process at program level;
8) Conduct regular monitoring of implementation of policies, systems, processes and procedures;
9) Facilitate to conduct institutional assessment;
10) Facilitate the approval of new program offering entity and new programs for existing entities using appropriate procedures;
11) Develop a data base containing information regarding quality assurance, which will be deliverable to all stakeholders;
12) Prepare and produce annual institutional quality assurance report (IQAR) and monitoring report assessing the activities of IQAC and submit to the QAC;
13) Develop an Institutional QA Strategic Plan for every 5 years and ensure its implementation and monitoring of achievements;
14) Co‐ordinate all QA related activities within the university;
15) Liaise with QAU and other external QA agencies;
16) Organize workshops, seminars and appropriate training for capacity building and promoting QA culture at all levels of the university;
17) Advise university management, faculty and departments on QA and related matters;
18) Take initiative and lead to establish staff development center at the university;
19) Prepare the detailed budget of the IQAC; and
20) Conduct impromptu audit at any level of the university if necessary.
Terms of Reference of the Director, IQAC
1) He shall oversee the administration of the IQAC and be responsible for all of its activities.
2) Establish milestones and performance indicators for implementation of the IQAC subproject according to work plan and for monitoring the results and assess the progress of work.
3) Function as the chief liaison officer between the university and the
4) Coordinate, supervise and monitor all QA related activities of the IQAC within the university as specified under section 4.4 of the IQAC OM.
5) Organize training programs for IQAC staff and faculty members of the university on QA mechanism.
6) Organize workshop to make the staffers aware and to promote the QA culture within the university.
7) Guide and supervise the IQAC staffers’ work for satisfactory performance and execution of assigned tasks for QA.
8) Hold regular meetings to assess the performance of IQAC in promoting the QA culture within the university; and
9) Execute all QA related decisions as directed by the QAC and Syndicate of the university.
Responsibilities of the SA Committee
1) Designing the self-assessment activity schedule.
2) Organizing awareness building workshop on Self-assessment and Quality Assurance in Higher Education to ensure the cooperation and participation of all staff members of the entity under assessment.
3) Preparing the survey tools (questionnaire) for major stakeholders i.e. students, alumni members, employers, academic staffs, non-academic staffs etc. and conducting the opinion survey to collect data and feedback from major stakeholders using separate questionnaire.
4) Data entry, analysis and preparing the self-assessment report (SAR).
5) Program Self-Assessment Committee (PSAC) will organize workshop to share the program self-assessment results with the faculty members and the representatives of major stakeholders in presence of the QAC.
6) PSAC will submit the final Program SA Report to the Head of the program offering entity and to the QAC for approval and endorsement.
7) Proposing the panel for external peer review to the IQAC. PSAC will prepare the external peer review schedule in consultation with the IQAC and Head of the Entity. SAC will make all the arrangements, providing necessary supports for external per review and arranging meeting with the major stakeholders separately as per schedule so that reviewers can conduct the review process smoothly within the stipulated time. At least two weeks prior to the visit, the Head of the SAC should provide the reviewers with an advance copy of the Self-assessment Report, review schedule, peer review checklist and university handbook containing university mission and objectives and program details. On arrival, the Head of the SAC should provide following documents and facilities for effective external peer review:
i) A copy of the peer review schedule specifying the names and designation of the high officials of the university to whom the reviewers will be speaking.
ii) A copy of class routine
iii) Peer review checklist and guidelines
iv) University handbook containing mission, objectives and program details including curricula.
v) Academic calendar for the program(s)
vi) A private office room with computer, printer and necessary papers for use.
vii) Access to the class room for teaching observation, course files, project papers, assignments, exam papers (question papers & answer scripts) etc.
8) Arranging workshop and preparing the draft improvement plan in respect of the SA Report findings and the recommendations of the external peer review panel. PSAC will submit the improvement plan to the Head of the Program offering entity and to the IQAC for further necessary actions.
The Terms of Reference of the QAC
1) QAC shall be responsible, on behalf of the Syndicate, for the institutional oversight of the IQAC. Functions and responsibilities of the QAC would include the following but not limited to:
2) The QAC shall be an advisory body to the IQAC for developing an effective and workable system of quality assurance;
3) QAC shall act as a planning forum for the discussion and promotion of developments in quality assurance culture;
4) All members of the Committee are expected to be cooperative and constructive in approach and actively participate in the working of the Committee;
5) QAC shall oversee the activities of IQAC and implementation of the quality assurance framework of the university;
6) The QAC shall meet at least twice a year to provide guidance and direction to the IQAC but may sit earlier if required;
7) The member-secretary of the QAC will serve the notice of the meeting of QAC following Vice Chancellor’s directive and circulate the minutes.
Self Assessment Committee
The university has set up Three self assessment committees (SAC) of one year long, with the help of IQAC for FVM, FFST and FF.
|Self Assessment Committee (SAC)||Head||Member-1||Member-2|
|SAC, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine||Prof. Dr. Abdul Ahad|
Dean, FVM, CVASU
|Prof. Dr. Himel Barua,|
Head, Dept. of Microbiology and Veterinary Public Health, FVM, CVASU
|Prof. Dr. Mohammad Abul Hossain,|
Dept. of Dairy and Poultry Science, FVM, CVASU
|SAC, Faculty of Food Science and Technology||Prof. Dr. Jannatara Khatun|
Dean, FFST, CVASU
|Dr. Jakia Sultana Jothi,|
Assistant Professor, Dept. of Food Processing and Engineering, FFST, CVASU
|Mr. Md. Altaf Hossain,|
Head & Assistant Professor, Dept. of Applied Food Science and Nutrition, FFST, CVASU
|SAC, Faculty of Fisheries||Prof. Dr. M. Nurul Absar Khan|
Dean, FF, CVASU
|Dr. Sk. Ahmad-Al-Nahid,|
Head & Assistant Professor, Dept. of Fisheries Resource Management, FF, CVASU
|Dr. Helena Khatoon,|
Assistant Professor, Dept. of Aquaculture, FF, CVASU
Function of SAC
1) To conduct self assessment of the programs of the entity; and
2) To prepare the improvement plan.
Members of QAC:
In order to look after the key issues of quality assurance and activities of the IQAC the Quality Assurance Committee (QAC) shall be constituted in each university. The IQAC shall report to the VC and be supervised by the University’s QAC. The composition of the QAC shall be as follows:
1) Prof. Dr. Goutam Buddha Das, Hon’ble Vice Chancellor, CVASU (Chair)
2) Prof. Dr. Abdul Ahad, Dean, FVM, CVASU
3) Prof. Dr. Mrs. Jannatara Khatun, Dean, FFST, CVASU
4) Prof. Dr. Mohammed Nurul Absar Khan, Dean, FF, CVASU
5) Prof. Dr. Md. Kabirul Islam Khan, Director of IQAC, CVASU
6) Prof. Dr. Paritosh Kumar Biswas, Director, PRTC, CVASU
7) Prof. Dr. Sharmin Chowdhury, Director, One Health Institute, CVASU
8) Prof. Goutam Kumar Debnath, Dept. of Dairy & Poultry Science, CVASU
9) Prof. Dr. Md. Masuduzzaman, Dept. of Pathology & Parasitology, CVASU
10) Mr. Mirza Faruk Imam, Registrar, CVASU
11) Mr. Md. Abul Kalam, Director of Finance and Accounts, CVASU
12) Prof. DR. Md. Rayhan Faruque, Additional Director of IQAC, CVASU (Member Secretary)