Department of Aquaculture,
Faculty of Fisheries,
Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University
Mobile: +8801739703131, +8801621898782
Joyshri Sarker obtained her B.Sc. Fisheries (Hons.) in 2012 and MS in Aquaculture degree in 2014 from the faculty of fisheries, Bangladesh Agricultural University with brilliant results. She joined as a Lecturer in 2015 in the department of Aquaculture, Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (CVASU) and currently serving as Assistant Professor and Head of the same department. She has good research background in aquaculture and published some research papers in several journals. As a young researcher she is continuing her research work and has great potentiality to perform high quality research in her area of interest. She is very much keen to continue her research in most challenging issues in aquaculture.
1) Sarker J and Faruk MAR 2016. Experimental infection of Aeromonas hydrophila in pangasius. Progressive Agriculture. 27 (3): 392-399.
2) Anka IZ, Jothi JS , Sarker J , Talukder A and Islam MS 2016. Growth performance and survival of guppy (Poecelia reticulate): different formulated diets effect. Asian Journal of Medical and Biological Research. 2 (3), 451-457; doi: 10.3329/ajmbr.v2i3.30117
3) Ahmmed MK, Ahmmed F, Ghosh SK, Sarker J and Islam MM. 2016. Impacts of different diets on growth and survival of stinging catfish, Heteropneustes fossilis. The Bangladesh Journal of Veterinary and Animal Sciences. 4(1&2):22-26.
My research experiences and interests cover the most challenging factor in aquaculture systems such as different diseases, their control and disease prevention. My particular research interests also include the immunological aspects in fishes.
1) Worked as a co-investigator in the project entitled “Development of Experimental Infection Model of Aeromonas hydroplila and its Treatment Trial”.
2) Worked as Principal investigator in the project entitled “ Parasite Infestation in Some Commercial Marine Fishes: Observations in a Seasonal Manner” funded by UGC.
FWA 101: Freshwater Aquaculture
CAM 102: Coastal Aquaculture and Mariculture
FNU 201: Fish Nutrition
LFC 202: Live Food Culture
SFD 302: Shellfish Diseases
FFT 402: Fish Feed Technology