Md. Ahaduzzaman received the DVM and MS in medicine degrees from the Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (CVASU), Chittagong, Bangladesh.
He joined as a Lecturer in the Department of Medicine and Surgery in 2014 and has been serving
as an Assistant Professor in the same department, under the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (CVASU), Chittagong, Bangladesh. His research interests are in the areas of infectious animal diseases, zoonoses and antibiotic resistance.
1) Dhakal LB, Dhakal IP, Yadav SK, Ahaduzzaman M, Islam MZ (2016). Prevalence and antibiotic resistance profile of Salmonella from livestock and poultry raw meat, Nepal. International Journal of Molecular Veterinary Research, 6(01): 1-23.
2) Akter S, Ahaduzzaman M, Barua H, Biswas PK, Sarker MS (2016). Antimicrobial resistance and identification of some of the corresponding genes for resistance in Escherichia coli Isolated from the poultry farm environment. Poultry Science (submitted).
3) Koop G, Islam MN, Rahman MM, Khatun M, Ferdous J, Sayeed MA, Islam S, Ahaduzzaman M, Akter S, Mannan A, Hassan MM, Dissanayake R, Hoque MA (2015). Risk factors and therapy for goat mastitis in a hospital-based case-control study in Bangladesh. Preventive Veterinary Medicine, 124 (2016):52-57.
4) Hassan MM, Ahaduzzaman M, Alam M, Bari MS, Amin KB and Faruq AA (2015). Antimicrobial Resistance Pattern against E. coli and Salmonella spp. in Environmental Effluents. International Journal of Natural Sciences, 5(2): 52-58.
5) Ahaduzzaman M, Hassan MM, Alam M, Islam SKMA, Uddin I (2014). Antimicrobial resistance pattern against Staphylococcus aureus in environmental effluents. Research Journal for Veterinary Practitioners, 2(1): 13-16.
6) Hassan MM, Amin KB, Ahaduzzaman M, Alam M, Faruk MSA, Uddin I (2014). Antimicrobial resistance pattern against E. coli and Salmonella in layer poultry. Research Journal for Veterinary Practitioners, 2(2): 30-35.
7) Naznin M, Ahaduzzaman M, Chowdhury S, Biswas PK. (2014). Prevalence and clinico-pathological parameters of PPR infected goats and their response to antibiotic treatment at Panchlaish, Chittagong, Bangladesh. International Journal of Natural Sciences, 4(2): 01-07.
Articles Published or Accepted in Proceedings of Conferences
1) Faruque MR, Prodhan MAM, Ahad A, Parvez A, Ahaduzzaman M, Pallab MS, Siddiki AMAMZ, Uddin MI, Chomel BB, Hossain MF (2016). Molecular characterization of Leptospira Hardjo in dairy cattle, Chittagong district, Bangladesh. Proceedings of the 13th ASCon., pp: 49-57. (ISBN: 978-984-33-1990-6)
Infectious animal diseases, zoonosis and antibiotic resistance
Awards and Fellowships
1) 2013: Best poster presentation award, 10th Annual Scientific conference, 2013, Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Bangladesh.
2) 2014: Best MS research proposal presentation award, CVASU, Chittagong, Bangladesh.
Conference and Seminar Contributions
1) Imtiaz MA, Ahaduzzaman M: Antibiotic resistance pattern of E. coli and Salmonella in Caged birds at Dulahazara Safari Park, Poster Abstract, 10th ASCON, 6th April 2014, CVASU, Bangladesh.
2) Ahaduzzaman M: Antibiogram of one health important pathogens in medical, veterinary and slaughterhouse effluent. National Conference on Natural Science & Technology, Power point Presentation, 24-25th April, 2014, Asian University for Women, Bangladesh.
3) Sarker MS, Ahaduzzaman M, Imtiaz MA, Shaikat MA, Sayeed MA (2015). Clinico biochemical shift in cases of urolithiasis in goat. 12th Annual Scientific Conference, 25-26th April, 2015, CVASU, Bangladesh.
1) Molecular techniques used in animal disease diagnosis
2) Training workshop on application of GPS/GIS tools for computer- assisted mapping and analysis.
3) Development of Problem Based Learning (PBL) for undergraduate student
GMD 302-General Medicine
SRM 401-Small Ruminant Medicine
MTD 401-Metabolic Diseases
LAM 401-Large Animal Medicine
ZOM 601-Zoonotic Medicine