Mr. Md. Faisal
Department of Fishing and Post Harvest Technology,
Faculty of Fisheries,
Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University
Md. Faisal comes of a noble Muslim family from Saidpur. He is the youngest son of his parents. He has proved his academic excellence since the beginning of his early academic life. He has completed his SSC and HSC from Cantonment Public School and College in 2000 and 2002 with outstanding results. In 2004, he got himself admitted to one of the leading Universities in Agricultural Science named Bangladesh Agricultural University and achieved B. Sc. Fisheries (Hon’s.) in June, 2008 and MS in Fisheries Technology in January, 2010 with brilliant results. After completing MS he served as a Fisheries Quality Control Consultant in U. S. Agency for International Development (USAID) for 2 years and as a Group Technical Head in a UK-Bangladesh joint venture organization named Euro Foods Group for 1 year. Due to his fascination for Teaching and Research, he started his career as a Lecturer on 1st January, 2013 in the Department of Fishing and Post Harvest Technology, Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University and promoted as Assistant Professor on 5th March, 2015. He also served as a Head of same Department from 1st April 2015 to 1st March 2016. Now he is in study leave for his PhD in the College of Health and Biomedicine, Victoria University, Melbourne, Australia.
He has immense research interests in the areas of isolation of allergenic compounds from prawn/ shrimp and their immunomodulatory effects on human health, reduction of allergenicity through different processing technology, isolation of bioactive compounds such as peptides, proteins, collagen, gelatine, free fatty acids, water-soluble minerals and enzymes from fish by-products, value added product development, molecular food safety, hygiene and quality assurance, biotechnological, biochemical and microbial analysis of fish, shrimp and seaweeds.
Mr. Faisal has a strong record of research in his area that includes publications of a number of papers in the reputed journals.
1) Faisal, M., Islami, S. N. E., Islam, M. N., Kamal, M., & Khan, M. N. A. (2015). Study on microbial and physical changes in fish sauce during fermentation. Journal of Research in Agriculture Livestock and Fisheries, 2(2), 375-383.
2) Islami, S. N. E., Faisal, M., Akter, M., Reza M. S., & Kamal, M. (2015). Comparative shelf life of whole fish and fillets of cultured striped catfish (Pangasianodon hypophthalmus) during ice storage condition. Journal of Research in Agriculture Livestock and Fisheries, 2(1), 177-183.
3) Ahmmed, M. K., Faisal, M., Ahmmed, F., Ali, M. R., & Ahsan, M. N. (2015). In silico cloning of Green Puffer Fish (Tetraodon nigroviridis) Cysteine Cathepsins and their Structural features. International Journal of Animal and Fisheries Science, 3(2), 1-
4) Faisal, M., Islam, M. N., Kamal, M., & Khan, M. N. A. (2013). Production of Fish Sauce from Low Cost Small Freshwater Fish and Their Qualitative Evaluation. Journal of Progressive Agriculture, 24(1&2), 171-180.
5) Faisal, M. (2009). Production of Fish Sauce from Low Cost Small Freshwater Fish and Their Qualitative Evaluation. M.S.Thesis: Department of Fisheries Technology, Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh, Bangladesh, 81 pp.
6) Debhnath, S. K., Chakraborty, S. C., Sharmin, R. Nath, P. C. D., & Faisal, M. (2009). A Study on the Improved Technique for the Production of Smoked Thai Pangus (Pangasius hypopthalmus). International Journal of Bioresearch, 2,(12), 47-50.
1) Three years of research experiences in Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Chittagong as a Lecturer, Assistant Professor and Researcher.
2) One year research experience as principal investigator of the project entitled “Production of fish sauce from low cost anchovy (setipinna sp.) and their qualitative evaluation” funded by University Grant Commission (UGC) from February, 2014 to February, 2015.
3) One year of research experience in Euro Foods Group as a Group Technical Head and Lab. In-charge from February, 2012 to December, 2012.
4) One year of research experience on fish sauce in a project of BAURES as a Research Assistant as a part of Master’s Program from 22nd December, 2008 to 31st December, 2009.
5) Three months of research experience in a project of UNIDO-EU as a Research Assistant from 1st October, 2009 to 31st December, 2009.
Training and Workshops
|Training/ Workshop on||Institute||Duration|
|Workshop on Syllabus Development for Undergraduate and MS Level||Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Chittagong.||23-24th Feb, 2016|
|12th Annual Scientific Conference on “Building Knowledge Based Bio-Economy: A Livestock-Fisheries-Food Industry Interplay”||Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Chittagong||25-26th Apr, 2015|
|11th Annual Scientific Conference on “Emerging Challenges in Food, Health and Environment”||Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Chittagong||6th Mar, 2014|
|CVASU-AuthorAID Workshop on Developing Research Communication Skills and Ethical Consideration||Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Chittagong||18-20th Feb, 2014|
|Workshop on Initiatives in Science Education, Research and Capacity Building||Bangladesh Academy of Sciences (BAS) and The World Academy of Sciences-Regional Office for Central & South Asia (TWAS-ROCASA)||14-15th Sep, 2013|
|Application of Statistical Software Packages (SPSS, STATA & SAS) for Data Mining||Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Chittagong-4225||12-13th May, 2013|
|Training on Global Standard on Food Safety, BRC (British Retail Consortium)-Issue 6||SGS Bangladesh-Euro Foods Group, Bangladesh||26-27th Feb, 2012|
|Foundation Training on HACCP, SOP, SSOP, GMP, and Quality Control||USAID, Banani, Dhaka, Bangladesh||03-17th Mar, 2010|
|Basics of MS Office||Graduate Training Institute, BAU, Mymensingh||19 to 31st July, 2008|
|An advanced course on Communicative English||Department of Languages, BAU, Mymensingh||13th Jun to 18th Jul, 2008|
FPR-301: Fish Processing
FMI-202: Fisheries Microbiology
MFC-201: Marine Food Chemistry
HPF-102: Handling and Preservation of Fish
FTE-101: Fishing Technology
Not started in the department yet.
Mohammad Redwanur Rahman
Nayeema Ferdausy Hoque
Tania Sharmin Fatema