|Master of Arts||:||1996. University of Dhaka, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Field of Study: Library and Information Science
|Bachelor of Arts (Hons)||:||1995. University of Dhaka, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Field of Study: Library and Information Science
Implemented a fully automated & digital Library using World famous integrated Library automation system ‘Koha’ and Dspace under the World Bank (WB) - Govt. of Bangladesh (GoB) program HEQEP (Higher Education Quality Enhancement Project). In addition to that lead the team to set up a modern Library and an e-resource centre equipped with CCTV, digitizer, RFID, self-check in check out, OPAC searching and other advanced equipments and processes.
Formulated and proposed three projects for development of University Library to funding program HEQEP jointly sponsored by GoB and WB on competitive call from 50 Universities of Bangladesh and awarded with approval of two of them. Projects were implemented towards modernization and strengthening of the library infrastructures, automation, digitization, training of manpower and stakeholders.
Lead, administer, operate and manage the University Library with the team, resources, Integrated Library System (ILS) of Koha and Dspace. As the head of library participate in defining the contents and services of library portal and website.
Operational, financial and development planning of the University Library in conjunction with revenue and development funding from GoB (Govt. of Bangladesh) and development partners (World Bank, ADB).
Being extensively connected with many databases, publishers and libraries internationally through INAPS- PERI, AGORA, HINARI, OARE, ARDI, Emerald, JSTOR and within Bangladesh through UGC Digital Library Consortium, required to develop and maintain this connectivity and mutual interaction.
Gather information from a wide variety of sources, both automated and printed and other media analysis information, and disseminate it in response to requests.
Develop policies, procedures and set evaluating criteria as needed for circulation management and Document Delivery Services as well as day to day operation of the library.
Produce original catalogue, classification, and subject indexing.
Ordering, receiving and invoice processing of library materials in all formats.
Preparing reports as required.
Organizing resources so that they are easy for users to find.
Helping Library users to find resources.
Keeping the library up to date in terms of new publications and selecting stocks.
1) Participated in modern library usage and services at Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University, USA from April 20 to April 30, 2016.
2) Attended Attachment programme at Central Library of Sunchon National University, Suncheon,Jeollanam-do, 540-950, Republic of Korea from July 6 to July 15, 2015.
3) Attended Attachment programme at Perpustakaan Sultan Abdul Samad (Library), University Putra Malaysia on 10th-24th June 2013.
4) Attended one month long training programme on "Information Technology for Information Management" in 2010 arranged by SAARC Documentation Centre (SDC), New Delhi, India.
Training within country
1) Attended Training- “Workshop on Procurement, Financial Management and Monitoring & Evaluation" in 2012 arranged by Higher Education Quality Enhancement Project (HEQEP), University Grants Commission Bangladesh (UGC), Dhaka, Bangladesh.
2) Attended “Workshop on Baseline Survey for Self-Assessment at Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, CVASU" in 2012 arranged by Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Chittagong, Bangladesh.
3) Attended “Workshop on Conceptualization of Exercise at Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, CVASU" in 2011 arranged by Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Chittagong, Bangladesh.
4) Attended training on "Open Source Discovery Tool VuFind" in 2011 arranged by BRAC University, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
5) Attended “Training on Institutional Repository Workshop for Agricultural University Libraries in Bangladesh" in 2010 arranged by Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh, Bangladesh.
6) Attended “Training on Management of e-Resources” arranged by Bangladesh-INASP-PERI Consortium (BIPC), in 2010.
7) Attended “Training on Use and Administration of e-Resources” Bangladesh-INASP-PERI Consortium (BIPC), in 2009 arranged by Bangladesh Academy of Sciences (BAS).
8) Attended a training on “Health Sciences Libraries and Librarianship in the Millennium” in 2001 arranged by National Health Library and Documentation Centre, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
9) Attended training on “Computerized Documentation System/Integrated Set of Information Systems” in 1999 arranged by Department of Library and Information Science, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Visit Foreign University's
1) Sunchon National University, Suncheon,Jeollanam-do, South Korea.
3) Konkuk University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
8) Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India
9) South Asian University, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi
10) University of Kalyani, Nadia, West Bangal
Serving as Member, Academic Council, CVASU
Member of registered graduate body, University of Dhaka.
Formulated, proposed, was awarded and implemented two Sub-Projects entitled “Modernization of Central Library and establishment of E-Resource Centre at CVASU” and “Promoting Library Facilities by Introducing RFID solutions at Central Library of CVASU by UGC under HEQEP.
Higher Diploma in Computer Science
Obtained GPA: A+
Institute: Dhaka Computer Academy, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Course Duration: 01 Year
Excellent communication capabilities in Bengali and English language both verbal and writing.