Mr. Md. Kauser-Ul-Alam
Md. Kauser-Ul-Alam passed the Secondary School Certificate Examination in 2003 followed by Higher Secondary Certificate Examination in 2005. He completed his B.sc Engg. on Food Engineering and Tea Technology in 2011 from Shahjalal University of science and Technology, Sylhet and MS degree on Microbiology in 2014 from Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (CVASU), Bangladesh. His academic career started as a Lecturer in the Department of Food Processing and Engineering under the Faculty of Food Science and Technology, CVASU in 2012. Currently, he holds a position of Assistant Professor in the same department, CVASU. His research interests are in the areas of natural science, biological science, food processing and preservation, food toxicity and food safety. Mr. Kauser has a strong record of research in his area that includes publications of a number of papers in the reputed local and international journals.
1) Ahmad, M., Roy, S. P. K., Sarwar, N., Morshed, S., Alam, M.K., Matin, A., & Kobra, K. T. 2016,Contamination of raw fresh milk, market pasteurized milk and powdered milk by toxic heavy metals in Bangladesh, Scientific Research Journal (SCIRJ), 4(2): 19-24.
2) S. Akther, S. M. S. Shahriar, H. M. Zakir, M. K. Alam, 2016, A quantitative analysis of chromium and zinc in water and raw milk in Chittagong, Bangladesh, J. Sci. Res., 8 (1): 93-100.
3) S. Akther, S. M. S. Shahriar, J. Sultana, M. K. Alam, 2015,Analysis of selected metallic impurities in soft drinks marketed in Chittagong, Bangladesh, Journal of Environmental Science and Natural resources, 8(2): 153-156.
4) M. A. Islam, S. Morshed, S. Saha, F. B. Qader and M. K. Alam, 2015, Evaluation of nutritive value of mango juices found in Bangladesh, J. Environ. Sci. & Natural Resources, 8(1): 95-98.
5) A. Sultana, R. Parvin, M. K. Alam, F. Akter, M. A. Alim, 2015, Physico-chemical, functional properties and storage characteristics of jackfruit seed flour, Bangladesh Journal of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, 3 (1,2): 20-24.
6) S. M. S. Shahriar, S. Akther, F. Akter, S. Morshed1, M. K. Alam, I. Saha, M. A. Halim, M. M. Hassan, 2014, Concentration of Copper and Lead in Market Milk and Milk Products of Bangladesh, International Letters of Chemistry, Physics and Astronomy, 8 : 56-63.
7) M. K. Alam, M. M. Hoque, S. Morshed, F. Akter, K. N. Sharmin, 2013, Evaluation of Watermelon (Citrullus lanatus) Juice Preserved with Chemical Preservatives at Refrigeration Temperature, Journal of Scientific Research, 5 (2): 407-414.
8) M. K. Alam, M. M. Hoque, S. Morshed, S. M. S. Shahriar, A. Begum, 2012, A study on watermelon (Citrullus lanatus) juice preserved with chemical preservetives at refrigeration temperature, Journal of Environmental Science and Natural resources, 5(2): 23 – 28.
9) S. Morshed, M. K. Alam, A. Begum, S. M. S. Shahriar, K. N. Sharmin and S. Akther, 2012, Physicochemical properties and chemical constituents of oil from joan seed (Trachyspermum ammi L), Journal of Environmental Science and Natural resources, 5 (2): 15 – 21.
Articles Published in Proceedings of Conferences
1) M.K. Alam, Z. Islam, P.K. Biswas, An investigation on risk factors for Escherichia coli with the possible presence of shiga toxin producing one in fluid milk, presented in 12th Annual Scientific Conference ,(ASCON-XII), CVASU,April 26, 2015.
2) J.S. Jothi, I.Z. Anka, S. Hashem, S. Morshed, M.K. Alam, Bioaccumulation of heavy metals in fish in Chittagong, presented in 12th Annual Scientific Conference (ASCON-XII), CVASU, April 26, 2015.
3) A. Matin, M.A. Siddiquee, S. Akther, M.K. Alam, M. Ahmed and M.S. Ali, A study on physicochemical properties of abiotic stress tolerant high yielding varieties (HYV)rice in Bangladesh, presented in 13th Annual Scientific Conference (ASCON-XII), CVASU, April 2, 2016.
Articles Submitted in Different Journals
1) Prevalence and antimicrobial susceptibility of Escherichia coli O157 isolated from raw milk marketed in Chittagong, Bangladesh.
2) An investigation on risk factors for Escherichia coli in fluid milk marketed in Chittagong, Bangladesh.
3) Isolation and molecular characterization of Shigatoxigenic O157 and non-O157 Escherichia coli in raw milk marketed in Chittagong, Bangladesh.
4) Isolation and identification of coagulase positive Staphyllococcus aureus in dairy products marketed in chittagong city and analysis of antimicrobial susceptibility profiles.
BCT-202: Baking and confectionary Technology
FBT-301: Food Bio-Technology
TFV-301:Technology of Fruits and Vegetable Products
FSF-301: Fish and Sea Food Technology
TCS-302: Tea, Coffee, Cocoa, and Spices Technology
AFM-501: Advanced Food and Industrial Microbiology FCT-501: Food Additives, Contaminants and Toxicology
FID-501: Food Irradiation
FFB-502: Fermentation and Food Biotechnology
BUW-502: By- product Utilization and Waste Treatment in Food Industry
1) Sharjil Mahmood
2) Meher Nahid
3) Mahfujul Alam
4) Md. Al-Imran
1) Himel Dutta
2) Mousumi Kona
3) Amir Khausru
4) Shamim Ahmed
5) Tanvin Sultana
6) Md. Gias Uddin