Md. Mahiuddin Zahangir received Bachelor of Science in Fisheries (Hons.) degree in 2012 from the Faculty of Fisheries, Bangladesh Agricultural University (BAU), Mymensingh, and Master of Science (M.S.) in June, 2014 from the Department of Fisheries Biology and Genetics. After successfully completing graduation with bright result, he joined as a Lecturer in the Department of Fish Biology and Biotechnology, Faculty of Fisheries, Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University.
He joined as a Lecturer in the Department of Fish Biology and Biotechnology, CVASU in 2014 and served as Lecturer from March, 2014 to March, 2016. Currently he holds a position of Assistant Professor in the Department of Fish Biology and Biotechnology, CVASU.
His research interests are in the area of Molecular Biology, Genetic Engineering and Stress Physiology. He has some research papers in the field of Physiological stress response to fish in the reputed journals (Elsevier, Journal of Toxicology, Aquaculture Engineering and Fisheries Research) of the world.
He was born on 24 December, 1990. He is the elder son of Mr. Abdus Salam and Mrs. Mamtaz Begum. He is from the village Malijhikandha, Jhenaigati Upazilla of Sherpur district, Bangladesh. He completed his secondary education (SSC) from Malijhikandha High School and higher secondary education (HSC) from Shahid Syed Nazrul Islam College, Mymensingh.
1) Md. Mahiuddin Zahangir, Farhana Haque, Golam Mohammad Mustakim, Halima Khatun, Md. Sadiqul Islam*, “Effect of water pH on the early developmental responses in zebrafish (danio rerio),” Progressive Agriculture, 26: 85-89, 2015.
2) Mahiuddin Zahangir, Farhana Haque, Golam Mohammad Mustakim, Md. Sadiqul Islam*, “Secondary stress responses of zebrafish to different pH: Evaluation ina seasonal manner” Aquaculture Reports, Elsevier, 2: 91-96, 2015.
3) Golam Mohammod Mostakim, Md. Mahiuddin Zahangir, MahbubaMonir Mishu, Md. Khalilur Rahman and M. Sadiqul Islam, “Alteration of Blood Parameters and Histoarchitecture of Liver and Kidney of Silver Barb after Chronic Exposure to Quinalphos” Journal of Toxicology, 1-8, 2015.
4) Fahima Binte Amin, Tania Farhana, Golam Mohammod Mostakim, Mahiuddin Zahangir, Mahbuba Monir Mishu, M. Sadiqul Islam, Behavioral and physiological stress responses of java barb (barbonymus gonionotus) to environmental salinity challenge, Journal of Aquaculture Engineering and Fisheries Research, 2(4): 176-184, 2016
Articles Published or Accepted in Proceedings of Conference
1) Md. Mahiuddin Zahangir, Fahana Haque and M. Sadiqul Islam, “Effects of acute water pH stress on the stress indicators in zebrafish (Danio rerio)”, 5th International Conference on Environmental Aspects of Bangladesh, pp112-113, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
2) Md. Mahiuddin Zahangir, Fahana Haque and M. Sadiqul Islam, Effects of pH Stress on the Stress Responses in Zebrafish (Danio rerio), 2nd International Conference on Fisheries, Aquaculture And Environment In The Indian Ocean, pp 49, Sultan Qaboos University - Muscat, Sultanate of Oman, 24-26 February 2015.
3) Md. Mahiuddin Zahangir, Fahana Haque and M. Sadiqul Islam, Effects of pH stress on the embryonic development of Zebrafish (Danio rerio), 6th Biennial Fisheries Conference & Research Fair, Bangladesh Fisheries research Forum, 26-27 April, 2014.
1) Working as Sub-project Management Team Member (SPMT) in World Bank and UGC funded HEQEP project named “Capacity building of the newly established Faculty of Fisheries and strengthening internship program of Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University for producing competent graduates” from January 2016 to date.
2) Working as Co-principal Investigator in sub project entitled “Improvement of the Culture practice of the Soft-shell mud crab in Bangladesh” funded by Bangladesh Fisheries Research Institute (BFRI) funded project named “Culture of Cuchia (Mud eel) and Crab in the Selected Areas of Bangladesh and Research Project” from July 2015 to date.
3) Successfully completed UGC funded project named “A histological approach for the characterization of the gonadal maturation cycle of Poa fish” as Principal investigator from July 2015 to December 2015.
4) Worked as Research fellow in a project entitled “Effects of malathion and sumithion on the histoarchitecture of internal organs of Zebrafish ( Danio rerio) and Common carp (Cyprinus carpio)” from June 2013 to March 2014.
5) Worked as Research fellow in a project named “Development of artificial breeding techniques of Shol (Channa striatus) in Bangladesh” funded by IDRS-BFRI Project from January 2013 to March 2014.
6) Worked as Research fellow in a project named “Effects of Salinity and pH stress on the stress response to Zebrafish (Danio rerio) and Sarpunti (Barbonymus gonionotus)” funded by Ministry of Science and Technology, Bangladesh from June 2013 to March 2014.
His research interests are in the areas of molecular biology, Genetic Engineering and Stress physiology.
FZO-101: Fisheries Zoology
SEB-201: Fish Systematics and Evolutionary Biology
FPH-202: Fish Physiology
FGB-302: Fish Genetics and Biotechnology
FEN-401: Fish Endocrinology
Fatema Akter, Intern student of Faculty of Fisheries, CVASU
Md. Main Uddin Mamun, Intern student of Faculty of Fisheries, CVASU
Md. Mehedi Hasan, Intern student of Faculty of Fisheries, CVASU
Saurab Talukder, M.S. Student in Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh