Md. Moudud Islam obtained Bachelor of Science in Fisheries (Hons.) degree in 2013 from the Faculty of Fisheries, Bangladesh Agricultural University (BAU), Mymensingh, and Master of Science (MS.) in 2015 from the Department of Fisheries Biology and Genetics of the same University. After successfully completing graduation with bright result, he joined as a Lecturer at the Department of Fish Biology and Biotechnology of Faculty of Fisheries in Chattogram Veterinary and Animal Sciences University in 2015 and currently serving as Assistant Professor.
He was born on 22 January, 1992. He is the youngest son of Mr. Md. Abdul Mazid and Most. Romena Khatun. He is from the village Zordaho (Notun Bari), Bera Upazilla of Pabna district, Bangladesh. He completed his primary and secondary education (SSC) from Al-hera Academy School and College, and higher secondary education (HSC) from BAF Shaheen College, Dhaka.
FGE-301: Fundamentals of Genetics
MBE-302: Molecular Biology and Embryology
FGB-401: Fish Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology
BHM-402: Fish Breeding and Hatchery Management
FGE-501: Fish Genetic Engineering
PCG-501: Fish Population and Conservation Genetics
RDA-501: Research Design and Genetic Data Analysis
MBI-502: Molecular Biology
RPF-502: Reproductive Physiology of Fishes
1) Principal investigator of the research project entitled “Determination of breeding season of Black Pomfret, (Parastromateus niger) from the Bay of Bengal, Bangladesh” funded by UGC-CVASU.
2) Principal investigator of the research project entitled “Effects of exogenous dietary supplementation of Protease enzyme (Pepsin) on the growth performance, feed utilization and hematology in Pangas (Pangasius hypophthalmus)” funded by UGC-CVASU.
3) Principal investigator of the research project entitled “Manipulation of growth and gonadal maturation of climbing perch (Anabas testudineus) through different level of dietary vitamin E supplementation” funded by UGC-CVASU.
4) Research Assistant: From January, 2016 to June, 2017 in a research project entitled “Improvement of soft shell mud crab (Scylla serrata) in Bangladesh” funded by Bangladesh Fisheries Research Institute (BFRI).
5) Research Assistant: From January 2014 to December 2014 in a project named “Conservation of three indigenous endangered fish species Tengra (Mystus vittatus), Gulsha (Mystus cavasius) and Bata (Labeo bata) through cryopreservation of sperm” funded by IDRS-BFRI.
Articles Published in Peer Reviewed Journal
1) Akhter, F., Islam, M.A., Islam, M.M., & Zahangir, M.M. (2020). Seasonal Variations in Some Biological Parameters (Length-Weight Relationship, Condition Factor, Hepatosomatic and Gonadosomatic Index) of Silver and Black Pomfret (Pampus argenteus and Parastromateus niger) from the Bay of Bengal. Journal of Fisheries and Aquaculture Research, 5(1): 043-053. https://premierpublishers.org/jfar/080820196348
2) Asaduzzaman, M., Iehata, S., Islam, M.M., Kader, M.A., Ikeda, D., & Kinoshita. S. (2019). Sodium alginate supplementation modulates gut microbiota, health parameters, growth performance and growth-related gene expression in Malaysian Mahseer, Tor tambroides. Aquaculture Nutrition. 25 (6):1300-1317. DOI:10.1111/anu.12950.
3) Mitu, M.S., Gani, A., Abid, M.B., Sharna, S.N., Yesmin, F., Banik, S., Islam, M.M., & Khan, M.G.Q. (2019). Exclusion of two microsatellite markers in the sex linkage Study of nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus). Research in Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries. 6(1): 143-151. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3329/ralf.v6i1.41396
4) Hasan, M.M., Zahangir, M.M., Akhter, F., & Islam, M.M*. (2018). Effects of different dietary levels of vitamin E supplementation on the growth and ovarian development of Climbing Perch, Anabas testudineus. Bangladesh Journal of Veterinary and Animal Sciences. 6 (1&2): 1-6. URL: https://cvasu.writeforvet.com/2019/09/18/volume-7-issue-2-december-2018/
5) Noor, M.N., Sarder, M.R.I., Islam, A.A., Jahan, D.A., & Islam, M.M*. (2018). Development of sperm cryopreservation technique of minor carp, Bata (Labeo bata 1822) for ex-situ conservation. Bangladesh Journal of Fisheries. 30(2): 121-133. Url: https://fsb.bau.edu.bd/bjf/index.php/home/article/view/41
6) Sarder, M.R.I., Islam, A.A., Islam, M.M., Noor, M.N., & Jahan, D.A. (2017). Cryopreservation of spermatozoa of threatened Asian striped dwarf catfish, Mystus vittatus (Bloch, 1794) for ex-situ conservation: an approach to poverty alleviation. Asian Journal for Poverty Studies. 3(2):157 – 169. DOI: https://doi.org/10.33369/ajps.v3i2.2694
7) Islam, M.M*, Noor, M.N., Islam, A.A., Sarder, M.R.I., Islam, M.Z., & Jahan, D.A. (2016). Development of a sperm cryopreservation protocol of Gangetic Mystus (Mystus cavasius). Progressive Agriculture. 27 (4):517-529. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3329/pa.v27i4.32142
8) Ahmmed, M.K., Ghosh, S. K., Sarker, J., Islam, M.M., & Ahsan, M.N. (2016). Impacts of different diets on growth and survival of stinging catfish, Heteropneustes fossilis, Bangladesh Journal of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, 4(1&2), 10-15. URL: https://cvasu.writeforvet.com/2019/09/14/volume-4-issue-1-june-2015/#
9) Ahmed, S.I., Ahmmed, M.K., Ghosh, S.K., Islam, M.M., & Shahjahan, M. (2015). Histo-architectural changes of intestinal morphology in Zebra fish (Danio rerio) exposed to Sumithion. Research in Agriculture Livestock and Fisheries. 2(3): 499-506. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3329/ralf.v2i3.26174
Publications in the Proceedings of Conference
1) Islam MA, Akhter F, Akter F, Zahangir MM and Islam MM*. Identification of Spawning Season of Black Pomfret ( niger) from the Bay of Bengal, Bangladesh. 16th International Scientific Conference (ISCon XVI) of Chattogram Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (CVASU). 19-20 October 2019. p.134.
2) Zenia F, Zahangir MM, Akhter F and Islam MM*. Exogenous dietary supplementation of pepsin: effects on growth, feed utilization and health status in fish (Pangas, Pangasius hypophthalmus). 8th Biennial Fisheries Conference & Research Fair; Bangladesh Fisheries Research Forum (BFRF). 30-31 March, 2019. Dhaka, Bangladesh. p.109.
3) Akhter F, Islam MM, Mamun MM, and Zahangir MM. Gonadal maturation cycle of silver pomfret (Pampus argenteus) from the Bay of Bengal. 8th Biennial Fisheries Conference & Research Fair; Bangladesh Fisheries Research Forum (BFRF). 30-31 March, 2019. Dhaka, Bangladesh. P.133.
His research interests are in the areas of neuroendocrinology, molecular biology, fish genetic engineering and biotechnology.