Md. Moudud Islam obtained Bachelor of Science in Fisheries (Hons.) degree in 2013 from the Faculty of Fisheries, Bangladesh Agricultural University (BAU), Mymensingh, and Master of Science (M.S.) in 2015 from the Department of Fisheries Biology and Genetics. After successfully completing graduation with bright result, he joined as a Lecturer in the Department of Fish Biology and Biotechnology, Faculty of Fisheries in 2015 and serving as Assistant Professor.
He was born on 22 January, 1992. He is the youngest son of Mr. Md. Abdul Mazid and Mrs. Romena Khatun. He is from the village Zordaho (Notun Bari), Bera Upazilla of Pabna district, Bangladesh. He completed his primary and secondary education (SSC) from Al-hera Academy School and College, and higher secondary education (HSC) from BAF Shaheen College, Dhaka.
His research interests are in the areas of Molecular Biology, Fish Genetic Engineering, and Biotechnology.
Work and Research Experience
1) Principal investigator of the research project entitled “Manipulation of growth and gonadal maturation of climbing perch (Anabas testudineus) through different level of dietary vitamin E supplementation. (On-going).
2) Research Assistant: From January, 2016 till date in a research project entitled “Improvement of the Culture practice of the Soft-shell mud crab in Bangladesh” funded by Bangladesh Fisheries Research Institute (BFRI).
3) Research Assistant: From January 2014 to December 2014 in a research project named “Conservation of three indigenous endangered fish species Tengra (Mystus vittatus), Gulsha (Mystus cavasius) and Bata (Labeo bata) through cryopreservation of sperm” funded by IDRS-BFRI.
4) Research Assistant: From January, 2014 to June, 2015 on “Histo-architectural Changes of Intestinal Morphology in Zebra Fish (Danio rerio) Exposed to Sumithion’’.
5) Research Assistant: In the research project entitled ‘‘Impacts of Different Diets on Growth and Survival of Stinging catfish, Heteropneustes fossilis’’.
6) Worked as Lecturer at the Department of Fisheries Biology and Genetics, Faculty of Fisheries, Sheikh Fazilatunnesa Mujib Fisheries College, Jamalpur from 15th October 2014 to 30th April 2015.
1) Islam MM, MN Noor, AA Islam, MRI Sarder, MZ Islam, and DA Jahan, 2016. Development of a sperm cryopreservation protocol of Gangetic Mystus (Mystus cavasius). Progressive Agriculture. 27 (4): 517-529. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3329/pa.v27i4.32142
2) Sarder MRI, AA Islam, MM Islam, MN Noor, DA Jahan, 2017. Cryopreservation of spermatozoa of threatened asian striped dwarf catfish, Mystus vittatus (bloch 1794) for ex-situ conservation: an approach to provery alleviation. Asian Journal for Poverty Studies. 3(2): 157 –169. DOI: https://ejournal.unib.ac.id/index.php/ajps/article/view/2694.
3) Ahmed SI, MK Ahmmed, SK Ghosh, MM Islam and M Shahjahan, 2015. Histo-architectural changes of intestinal morphology in Zebra fish (Danio rerio) exposed to Sumithion. Research in Agriculture Livestock and Fisheries, 2(3): 499-506. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3329/ralf.v2i3.26174.
4) Ahmmed MK, SK Ghosh, J Sarker, MM Islam and MN Ahsan, 2016. Impacts of different diets on growth and survival of stinging catfish (Heteropneustes fossilis). The Bangladesh Journal of Veterinary and Animal Sciences. 3(1&2): 10-15.
SFB-301: Shellfish Biology
FGB-302: Fish Genetics and Biotechnology
MGE-401: Molecular Biology and Genetic Engineering
BHM-402: Fish Breeding and Hatchery Management
FGE-501: Fish Genetic Engineering
PCG-501: Fish Population and Conservation Genetics
RDA-501: Research Design and Genetic Data Analysis
MBI-502: Molecular Biology
AIC-502: Advanced Ichthyology