Md. Moudud Islam obtained Bachelor of Science in Fisheries (Hons.) degree in 2013 from the Faculty of Fisheries, Bangladesh Agricultural University (BAU), Mymensingh, and Master of Science (M.S.) in 2015 from the Department of Fisheries Biology and Genetics. After successfully completing graduation with bright result, he joined as a Lecturer in the Department of Fish Biology and Biotechnology, Faculty of Fisheries in 2015 and serving as Assistant Professor.
He was born on 22 January, 1992. He is the youngest son of Mr. Md. Abdul Mazid and Most. Romena Khatun. He is from the village Zordaho (Notun Bari), Bera Upazilla of Pabna district, Bangladesh. He completed his primary and secondary education (SSC) from Al-hera Academy School and College, and higher secondary education (HSC) from BAF Shaheen College, Dhaka.
His research interests are in the areas of Fish Biology, Cell and Molecular Biology, Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering
Work and Research Experience
1) Principal investigator of the research project entitled “Determination of breeding season of Black Pomfret, (Parastromateus niger) from the Bay of Bengal, Bangladesh”. (On going)
2) Principal investigator of the research project entitled “Effects of exogenous dietary supplementation of Protease enzyme (Pepsin) on the growth performance, feed utilization and hematology in Pangas (Pangasius hypophthalmus).”
3) Principal investigator of the research project entitled “Manipulation of growth and gonadal maturation of climbing perch (Anabas testudineus) through different level of dietary vitamin E supplementation”.
4) Research Assistant: From January, 2016 to June, 2017 in a research project entitled “Improvement of soft shell mud crab (Scylla serrata) in Bangladesh” funded by Bangladesh Fisheries Research Institute (BFRI).
5) Research Assistant: From January 2014 to December 2014 in a project named “Conservation of three indigenous endangered fish species Tengra (Mystus vittatus), Gulsha (Mystus cavasius) and Bata (Labeo bata) through cryopreservation of sperm” funded by IDRS-BFRI.
Articles Published in Peer Reviewed Journal
1) Asaduzzaman M, Iehata S, Islam MM, Kader MA, Ikeda D, Kinoshita S (2019). Sodium alginate supplementation modulates gut microbiota, health parameters, growth performance and growth-related gene expression in Malaysian Mahseer Tor tambroides. Aquaculture Nutrition. (Under Review).
2) Hasan MM, Zahangir MM, Akhter F and Islam MM * (2018). Effects of different dietary levels of vitamin E supplementation on the growth and ovarian development of Climbing Perch, Anabas testudineus. Bangladesh Journal of Veterinary and Animal Sciences. 6(1&2): (Accepted)
3) Noor MN, Sarder MRI, Islam AA, Jahan DA and Islam MM* (2018). Development of sperm cryopreservation technique of minor carp, Bata (Labeo bata 1822) for ex-situ conservation. Bangladesh Journal of Fisheries. 30(2): 121-133.
4) Sarder MRI, Islam AA, Islam MM, Noor MN and Jahan DA (2017). Cryopreservation of spermatozoa of threatened Asian striped dwarf catfish, Mystus vittatus (Bloch, 1794) for ex-situ conservation: an approach to poverty alleviation. Asian Journal for Poverty Studies. 3(2): 157 – 169.
5) Islam MM*, Noor MN, Islam AA, Sarder MRI, Islam MZ and DA Jahan (2016). Development of a sperm cryopreservation protocol of Gangetic Mystus (Mystus cavasius). Progressive Agriculture. 27 (4): 517-529.DOI: https://doi.org/10.3329/pa.v27i4.32142. (MS Work)
6) Ahmmed MK, Ghosh SK, Sarker J, Islam MM and Ahsan MN (2016). Impacts of different diets on growth and survival of stinging catfish, Heteropneustes fossilis. Bangladesh Journal of Veterinary and Animal Sciences. 4(1&2): 10-15.
7) Ahmed SI, Ahmmed MK, Ghosh SK, Islam MM and Shahjahan M (2015). Histo-architectural changes of intestinal morphology in Zebra fish (Danio rerio) exposed to Sumithion. Research in Agriculture Livestock and Fisheries. 2(3): 499-506. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3329/ralf.v2i3.26174.
Publications in the Proceedings of Conference
1) Zenia F, Zahangir MM, Akhter F and Islam MM*. Exogenous dietary supplementation of pepsin: effects on growth, feed utilization and health status in fish (Pangas, Pangasius hypophthalmus). 8th Biennial Fisheries Conference & Research Fair; Bangladesh Fisheries Research Forum (BFRF), 30-31 March, 2019.Dhaka, Bangladesh.
2) Akhter F, Islam MM, Mamun MM, and Zahangir MM. Gonadal maturation cycle of silver pomfret (Pampus argenteus) from the Bay of Bengal. 8th Biennial Fisheries Conference & Research Fair; Bangladesh Fisheries Research Forum (BFRF), 30-31 March, 2019.Dhaka, Bangladesh.
SEB-201: Systematics and Evolutionary Biology
FGE-301: Fundamentals of Genetics
MGE-401: Molecular Biology and Genetic Engineering
BHM-402: Fish Breeding and Hatchery Management
FGE-501: Fish Genetic Engineering
PCG-501: Fish Population and Conservation Genetics
RDA-501: Research Design and Genetic Data Analysis
MBI-502: Molecular Biology
RPF-502: Reproductive Physiology of Fishes