Ms. Ferdusee Akter received her B.Sc.(Hons.) and M.S. degrees in Mathematics from University of Dhaka, Bangladesh and the M. Phil. from the Department of Mathematics, Chittagong University of Engineering & Technology, Bangladesh.
She joined as a lecturer in Department of Physical and Mathematical Sciences under Faculty of Food Science and Technology, CVASU in 2010. She served as Assistant professor from January, 2013 until July, 2018. Currently, she holds a position of Associate Professor in the Department of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, CVASU. She also served as Head of the department from January, 2013 until November, 2018 in the same department. She has interested in research in the areas of Computational Mathematics, Modeling and Simulation, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Finite Element Methods, Statistics.
1) Akter, M. M. Bhuyan and U. K. Deb, “Simulation of the Effect of Oil Volume Fractions in an Oil-Water Flows Along a Circular Pipe: A Finite Element Approach”, Journal of Mathematics Research, 10(5), 19-27, 2018, Published by Canadian Center of Science and Education. https://doi.org/10.5539/jmr.v10n5p19.
2) Ahmad, P. Sultana, A. Matin , M. M Haque ,F. Akter,M. M. Hoque , M. M. Rahman, “ Epidemiology of type 1 and type 2 diabetes in newly diabetic hospital going people and their associated risk factors in Chittagong metropolitan area, Bangladesh”, Scientific Research Journal (SCIRJ), Volume V, Issue X, 2017.
3) Akter and U.K. Deb, “Computational Modeling and Dynamics of the Oil and Water Flow Using the Galerkin Approximation”,American Journal of Computational Mathematics, 7, 58-69, 2017.https://doi.org/10.4236/ajcm.2017.71005
4) Sarwar, S. Akther, T. Ahmed , K. N. Sharmin, M. Ahmad, M. A. Hossain, F. Akter, M. K. Alam,“Determination of major constituents in Commercial Brands of Carbonated soft drinks”, European Academic Research,Vol. IV, Issue 5/ August 2016.
5) Sultana, R. Parvin, M.K.Alam, F. Akter, M.A. Halim. “Physio chemical, functional properties and storage characterizes of jackfruit seed flour”, Bangladesh Journal of Veterinary and Animal Sciences,3(1&2), 20-24; 2015.
6) M. S. Shahriar1,*, S. Akther2, F. Akter3, S. Morshed1, M. K. Alam2, I. Saha3, M. A. Halim4, M. M. Hassan5. “Concentration of Copper and Lead in Market Milk and Milk Products of Bangladesh”. International Letters of Chemistry, Physics and Astronomy; 8, 56-63, 2014.
7) Akther, S. M. S. Shahriar, F. Akter, S. Morshed and M. N. Islam, “Study on Chemical Composition of Fresh Mymensingh and Barishal Hog-plum (Spondiusmangifera) and Developed Leather and Jelly and Sensory Evaluation”, Journal of Environmental Science & Natural Resources, 5(2), 29-36,2012.
8) K. N. Sharmin, F. Akter, S. M. S. Shahriar, A. Farzin and M. M. Iqbal,“Study on nutritional status in type-2 diabetic patients with chronic kidney disease”,Bangladesh Journal of Veterinary and Animal Sciences,1(1&2), 11-22, 2012.
Articles Published in Proceedings of Conferences
1) Ferdusee Akter, Ujjwal Kumar Deb, “Mathematical Modeling of Two Phase Flow Using Galerkin Method”, Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Mathematics and Its Applications, pp. 26-29, Mathematics Discipline, Khulna University, Khulna-9208, Bangladesh, 23rd December, 2015.