Ms. Meherunnesa Chowdhury Sumy
Department of Agricultural Economics & Social Sciences,
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine,
Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University
Telephone: +88 031659093
Fax: +88 031659620
Mobile: +88 01712560028
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Meherunnesa Chowdhury Sumy has received her MS in Agricultural Economics (Production Economics) degree from the Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh, Bangladesh. Mrs Chowdhury also completed B. Sc. in Agricultural Economics degree from the Bangladesh Agricultural University.
She joined as a Lecturer in the Department of Agricultural Economics and Social Sciences, Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (CVASU) in 2008. Currently, she holds a position of Associate Professor in the same department in CVASU. Her research interests is in the areas of advanced economics and marketing of livestock and their products.
Mrs Chowdhury has a track record for high-quality research as evidenced by publications in different peer reviewed journals.
1) M. C. Sumy, M. Ahsan and M. D. Gupta (2015). An economic comparison of performance and profitability between two meat types birds: Brown cockerel and Sonali. Bangladesh Journal of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Vol. 3 (1 & 2): 49-53
2) M. C. Sumy, M. K. I. Khan and M. M. Islam (2014). Viability and profitability of different segments in the poultry model chain in Bangladesh. Livestock Research for Rural Development. Volume 26 (10), Article #187.
3) T. Bilkis, M. M. Islam, C. Sumy, M. N. A. Mondal4 and G. M. N. Uddin (2012). Rapid estimation of quality of raw milk for its suitability for further processing in the dairy industries of Bangladesh. International Journal of Dairy Science, ISSN- 1811-9743/DOI: 10.3923/ijds.2012.
4) C. Sumy, M. M. Islam and M. K. I. Khan (2012). Comparative Study between Rice Husk and Sand Incubation Techniques for Hatching the Improved Backyard Poultry Eggs. Livestock Research for Rural Development, Volume 24 (1), Article 10.
5) C. Sumy, M. M. Islam, M. S. I. Khokon and S. Talukder (2010). Study on the Socio-economic condition and Productive performances of Backyard chicken in some selected areas of Pabna District in Bangladesh. Journal of the Bangladesh Agricultural University, Vol. 8 (1): 45-50.
6) C. Sumy, M. A. Halim, M. R. Hasan and M. R. Begum (2009). Performance of Participatory & Non- Participatory Farmers of Integrated Crop Management Project at Pirganj Upazilla under Thakurgaon District. Journal of the Bangladesh Agricultural University, Vol. 7(2): 273-280.
7) M. Islam, T. A. Ferdous and M. C. Sumy (2009). The effect of Dairy farms on the economic status of farm Holders, Eco-friendly Agriculture Journal, Vol. 2(10): 858-863.
8) C. Sumy, M. H. A. Rashid, A. N. M. Ahasan.Habib and F. Wadud (2006). Do the resource-poor participatory farmers are more efficient than non-partipatory farmers? Progressive Agriculture, Vol. 17(2): 235-248.
9) M. Islam, M. R. Amin, M. R. Alam and M. C. Sumy (2005). Quantification of tannins in Morus indica (Mulberry) and effect of PEG (Polyethylene Glycol) treatment on in vitro organic matter digestibility (IVOMD) and metabolizable energy content. Bangladesh Journal of Livestock Research. Vol. 12 (1&2): 98-105.
10) C. Sumy, M. H. A. Rashid, T. H. Miah (2004).Technical efficiency of participatory and non-participatory Crop Producer. An Evaluation of ICM project. The Bangladesh Journal of Agricultural Economics. Vol. XXVII (1): 53-65.
Articles Published in Proceedings of the Conferences/Workshops
1) M. C. Sumy and M. M. Islam 2010, ‘Comparative Study between Rice Husk and Sand Incubation Techniques on the Hatchability of Improved Backyard Poultry Eggs’. Abstract Book of 9th Annual Scientific Conference of CVASU, Chittagong.
2) M. C. Sumy, M. S. I. Khokon and M. M. Islam 2010, ‘Study on the Productive Performances and Profitability of Backyard Chicken in Some Selected Areas of Pabna District’. Abstract Book of 9th Annual Scientific Conference of CVASU, Chittagong.
LEC 401 : Livestock Economics
LMR 402: Livestock Marketing
FST 401: Marketing of Food Products and Business Management
Fisheries 202: Fisheries Economics
MPP 601: Marketing of Poultry and Poultry Products