Department of Food Processing and Engineering,
Faculty of Food Science and Technology,
Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University
Telephone: +88 031 659093 (Ext-204)
Mobile: +88 01676-961876
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
ORCID ID: http://orcid.org/0000-0002-3473-0728
LinkedIn ID: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nazmul-sarwar-11b2a197
Nazmul Sarwar joined as Lecturer in Department of Food Processing and Engineering of Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (CVASU), Bangladesh in 2017 and involving with studies and research related to food science, technologyand engineering.
MS in Food Processing and Engineering
Department of Food Processing and Engineering
Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (CVASU)
Result: A+ (4.00 out of 4.00) 1st Position in Merit
B.Sc. (Hon’s) in Food Science and Technology
Faculty of Food Science and technology
Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (CVASU)
Result: A (3.98 out of 4.00) 1st Position in Merit
1) Processing, preservation and development of modified food products
2) Functional Food Product Developmentand nutritional value analysis
3) Relation of food properties and processing
4) Quality control and quality assurance regarding food
5) Characterization of physical properties of food materials
6) Chemical and microbial analysis of food
7) New techniques to measure food quality, taste and flavor
8) Control of unit operation in food processing
9) Instrumental food analysis with UV/Vis spectroscopy, Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy (AAS), Near-infrared spectroscopy (NIRS), High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), Gas Chromatography (GC), Gas chromatography–mass spectrometry (GC-MS), Liquid chromatography–mass spectrometry (LC-MS) etc.
1) Ahmad M., Islam M.S., Sarwar N.,Kobra K.T., Hoque M.M., Junayed M., Mamun A.A. Morshed S. and Ahmed T.2018. Microbial safety of drinking jar water and antimicrobial resistant pattern against Escherichia Coli in jar water at Chittagong, Bangladesh. International Food Research Journal (IFRJ), 25(2): 597-601.http://www.ifrj.upm.edu.my/25%20(02)%202018/(20).pdf
2) Akther S., Shahriar S.M.S., Alam M.K., Matin A., Sarwar N.2017. Comparative Studies on the Quality of Sandesh from Cow Milk Chhana and along with Addition of Different Level of Soy-Milk Chhana. Ukrainian Food Journal, 6(3):514-21.http://dx.doi.org/10.24263/2304-974X-2017-6-3-11
3) Alam M.K., Akther S., Sarwar N., Morshed S., Debnath G.K. 2017. Prevalence and Antimicrobial Susceptibility of Escherichia Coli O157 Isolated from Raw Milk Marketed in Chittagong, Bangladesh. Turkish Journal of Agriculture - Food Science and Technology, 5(3): 214-220.http://www.agrifoodscience.com/index.php/TURJAF/article/view/976
4) Alam M.K., Akther S., Sarwar N. An investigation on risk factors related to the occurrence of Escherichia coli in fluid milk marketed in Chittagong, Bangladesh. Journal of Food Quality and Hazards Control. 4: 9-13.http://jfqhc.ssu.ac.ir/article-1-308-en.html
5) Alam, M.K., Akther, S., Sarwar, N. and Begum, A. 2016. Isolation and Identification of Coagulase Positive Staphyllococcus Aureus in Dairy Products Marketed in Chittagong, Bangladesh and Analysis of Antimicrobial Susceptibility Profiles. Pakistan Journal of Food Sciences, 26(4):180-186.http://www.psfst.com/__jpd_fstr/a414e50a4aa7d2394ce6c2bce5545a08.pdf
6) Sarwar, N.,Akther, S., Ahmed, T., Sharmin, K. N., Ahmad, M., Hossain, M. A., Akter, F. and Alam, M. K. 2016. Determination of major constituents in Commercial Brands of Carbonated soft drinks. European Academic Research Journal, 4(5): 5029-5043.http://euacademic.org/UploadArticle/2738.pdf
7) Hossain, M.A., Sharmin, K.N., Begum, A., Sarwar, N. and Yesmin, N. 2016. Haemoglobin Status of Pregnant Women in Island Rural Area of Bangladesh. Bangladesh Journal of Veterinary and Animal Sciences (BJVAS), 4(1&2): 27-30.
8) Ahmad, M., Roy, K.P.M.S., Sarwar, N., Morshed, S., Alam, M.K., Matin, A. and Kobra, K.T. 2016. Contamination of raw fresh milk, market pasteurized milk and powdered milk by toxic heavy metals in Bangladesh. Scientific Research Journal (SCIRJ), 4(2):19-24.http://www.scirj.org/papers-0216/scirj-P0216316.pdf/
1) 3rdNational Conference on “Natural Science & Technology” 15-16th April, 2016 at Asian University for Women (AUW), Chittagong, Bangladesh.
2) 13thAnnual Scientific Conference on “Promoting Food Safety, One Health and Blue Economy” 2-3rd April, 2016 at Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University(CVASU), Chittagong, Bangladesh.
3) 14th Annual Scientific Conference on “Achieving SDGs for Bangladesh-Integrating Livestock and fisheries resources to ensure food safety and security” 1st-2nd, April, 2017 at Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (CVASU), Chittagong, Bangladesh.
4) 15th International Scientific Conference (ISCon-XV) on “Role of Livestock and Fisheries towards a sustainable food system for a middle-income country like Bangladesh” May 12-13, 2018 at Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (CVASU), Chittagong, Bangladesh.
1) “Clinical and Molecular Biology Techniques in Disease Diagnosis” 3-5 December, 2017. Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (CVASU), Chittagong, Bangladesh.
2) “Curriculum Development and Teaching Methodologies” 29/12/2017 to 04/01/2018,organized by Institutional Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC), Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (CVASU), Chittagong, Bangladesh.
3) “R Statistical Programming Language” 19-20February, 2017. Bangladesh Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Association (BBCBA).
4) “Quality Control & Unit Operation in Food Industries” 28/02/2015-25/03/2015 from “Training Institute for Chemical Industries (TICI)” the central training institute of BCIC, Polash, Narsingdi, Dhaka.
5) “Molecular Basis of Nutrition-Related Diseases” (Advanced Online Course). February 2015 to April 2015 organized by IVERSITY, University of Potsdam, Germany.
Awards and Achievements
1) Prime Minister Gold Medal Award 2015.
2) President Gold Medal Award 2015 (Best Academic Performance: Holding 1st Position in B. Sc. (Hon’s) in Food Science and Technology Degree).
3) President Gold Medal Award 2017 (Best Academic Performance: Holding 1st Position in MS in Food Processing and Engineering Degree).
4) “University Grants Commissions (UGC) Merit Scholarship-2016” of University Grants Commissions (UGC) of Bangladesh. (Achieving Highest CGPA in Bachelor of Science Examination)
5) “Yousuf-Zohora Merit Scholarship-2014” of Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (CVASU)
6) National Science and Technology (NST) Fellowship 2016-2017 of Ministry of Science and Technology, Bangladesh
Undergraduate (B.Sc. (Hon’s) in Food Science and Technology)
UOP 201 Unit Operation in Food Processing 2+1
PDL 202 Food Plant Design, Layout & Management 2+1
FBT 301 Food Bio Technology 2+1
TCS 302 Tea, Coffee, Cocoa and Spices Technology 1+1
RAP 401 Refrigeration and Air Conditioning in Food Processing 2+1
Postgraduate (MS in Food Processing and Engineering)
CMF-501 Computation and Modeling in Food Industry 2+0
ATA-502 Advanced Technology of Animal products 2+0
NFP-502 Novel Food Processing Techniques 2+0