Office of the Registrar
Registrar is the head of the Registrar Office. He is the custodian of the University by Act. Administrative and Academic section are the main components of the Registrar Office. Moreover, Medical Centre, Store Section, Security Section and CVASU Mosque are supervised by the Registrar Office. It is housed in the first floor of the administrative building of the university.
To produce skilled and competent veterinarians, fisheries and food science specialists of national and international standard, the Government of Bangladesh initially established Chittagong Government Veterinary College (CGVC) under the Faculty of Science, University of Chittagong in 1996. On the 7th August, 2006 the CGVC was upgraded and converted into a university named as 'Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (CVASU)' under the CVASU act, 2006.
CVASU is offering Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM), BSc (Hons) Food Science & Technology and BSc Fisheries (Hons) degree at undergraduate level and MS & PhD at postgraduate level. Syllabus-curricula of each subject are of international standard and it is usually updated each year taking invaluable comments from relevant academician from home and abroad.
CVASU is devoted to prepare self-driven, motivated, enthusiastic and skilled graduates to cope up with rapidly changing global environment. It has highly qualified and experienced faculties which will strengthen university education of international standards in relevant areas. It is the only public university in Bangladesh where every student of each faculty attends Industrial Training or Internship Program in home and abroad (e.g., India, Malaysia, USA, Thailand, Japan etc).
The university has international collaboration with Tufts University, Washington State University, USA, Royal Veterinary College, UK, Linkoping University, Sweden, Universiti Malaysia Terengganu, Malaysia, Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, India and Khon Kaen University, South Korea for foreign internship placements, intake of foreign students, scholarship opportunities, joint research and academic staff exchange program.
Mirza Faruk Imam
Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University
Chittagong- 4225, Bangladesh
1) Member Secretary of the Syndicate and the Academic Council.
2) Custodian of the records, common seal and such other property of the university.
3) Maintain a register of the Registered Graduates according to the rules.
4) Superintendent of all properties of the University.
5) Maintains coordination with the Deans of the faculties about their planning, routines / schedules etc.
6) Delivering and receiving of all official letters of the University on behalf of the University.
7) Signing on all official contact letters of the University except monetary / finance related contact.
8) Any other duties directed by the VC and fixed by the Act and rules of the University.
(Source: Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University Act, 2006)
1) Activities related to students' admission and offering registration number.
2) Issuing main certificate, migration certificate, medium of instruction certificate etc.
3) Activities related to affiliated college (Jhenaidah Govt. Veterinary College).
4) Activities related to study tour and internship of the graduate students.
1) Appointment of necessary manpower (Teachers/Officers/Staffs).
2) Activities relating to joining/resigning.
3) Activities connected to job confirmation, transfer/posting etc.
4) Activities relating to Time Scale, E/B Cross / Selection Grade / Up-gradation etc.
5) Activities related to Recreation Leave / Earned Leave / Medical Leave / Maternity Leave etc.
6) Activities related to discipline.
7) Activities related to teachers' higher study, selection of representative for meeting/seminar etc
8) Issuing NOC for passport / other purposes.
9) Issuing experience certificate.
10) Activities relating to IT (Information Technology)
11) Maintaining liaison and communication with the UGC/ Ministry / Public / Private University.
12) Performing all activities relating to estate and legal.
13) Activities relating to making various Rules / Regulating and their implementation.
14) Activities relating to Syndicate, Academic Council and meeting on different issues
15) Activities relating to pension and gratuity.
16) Activities relating to issue office order/ circular/ notice/ memorandum etc.