Mr. Shamsul Morshed
Shamsul Morshed completed his B.Sc (Hon’s) and M.S. degree in Applied Chemistry and Chemical Technology from University of Dhaka, Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh.
He joined as a Quality Assurance Officer in Rhymer Chemical Industries, Bhaluka, Mymensingh, Bangladesh in 2009. In 2009, he changed the job and joined in Healthcare Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Rajendrapur, Gazipur, Bangladesh as Product Development Officer. After that, in 2011, he joined in RAK Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Gazipur, Bangladesh as Sr. Officer, Process and Product Development (Analytical).
His academic career started as a Lecturer in the Department of Applied Chemistry and Chemical Technology, CVASU in 2011. Currently, he holds a position of Assistant Professor and Head in the Department of ACCT, CVASU. His research interests are in the areas of natural science, biodegradable polymer science, food toxicity, heavy metal determination in food, waste management and environmental science.
Mr. Morshed has a strong record of research in his area that includes publications of a number of papers in the reputed local and international journal. He received several prestigious awards such as university scholarship, provost award and Gold Medal from Dean of Science Faculty, University of Dhaka for his brilliant result in B.Sc. (Hon’s).
1) S. Morshed, M. K. Alam, A. Begum, S. M. S. Shahriar, K. N. Sharmin and S. Akther, Physicochemical properties and chemical constituents of oil from joan seed (Trachyspermum ammi L), Journal of Environmental Science and Natural resources, 5 (2): 15 – 21, 2012.
2) M. K. Alam, M. M. Hoque, S. Morshed, S. M. S. Shahriar, A. Begum, A study on watermelon (Citrullus lanatus) juice preserved with chemical preservetives at refrigeration temperature, Journal of Environmental Science and Natural resources, 5(2): 23 – 28, 2012.
3) S. Akther, S. M. S. Shahriar, F. Akter, S. Morshed and M. N. Islam, Study on Chemical Composition of Fresh Mymensingh and Barishal Hog-plum (Spondius mangifera) and Developed Leather & Jelly and Sensory Evaluation, Journal of Environmental Science and Natural resources, 5(2): 29 – 36, 2012.
4) M. K. Alam, M. M. Hoque, S. Morshed, F. Akter, K. N. Sharmin, Evaluation of Watermelon (Citrullus lanatus) Juice Preserved with Chemical Preservatives at Refrigeration Temperature, Journal of Scientific Research, 5 (2), 407-414 (2013).
5) S. M. S. Shahriar, S. Akther, F. Akter, S. Morshed, M. K. Alam, I. Saha, M. A. Halim, M. M. Hassan, Concentration of Copper and Lead in Market Milk and Milk Products of Bangladesh, International Letters of Chemistry, Physics and Astronomy 8 (2014) 56-63.
6) M. A. Islam, S. Morshed, S. Saha, F. B. Quader, M. K. Alam, Evaluation of Nutritive value of Mango Juices Found in Bangladeshi Market, Journal of Environmental Science and Natural resources, 8 (1): 95 – 98, 2015.
7) Kober, A.K.M.H, Bari, M.S., Morshed, S., Monin, M.M., Evaluation of nutritional quality, contamination, adulteration and preservative quality of different sources of milk, Bangladesh Journal of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Vol. 3, No. 1 & 2, July 2015.
8) Monsur Ahmad, S.M. Prabir Kumar Roy, Nazmul Sarwar, Shamsul Morshed, Md. Kauser-Ul-Alam, Abdul Matin, Khatija Tul Kobre, Contamination of raw fresh milk, market pasteurized milk and powdered milk by toxic heavy metals in Bangldesh, Scientific Research Journal, Vol. IV, Issue II, February, 2016.
Proceedings Articles Publications
1) MRF Talukder, S Morshed, MA Sayeed and MA Hoque, Investigation of heavy metals in water and dairy milk of greater Chittagong district of Bangladesh, presented in 12th Annual Scientific Conference (ASCON-XII), CVASU, April 26, 2015.
2) JS Jothi, IZ Anka, S Hashem, S Morshed and MK-Ul-Alam, Bioaccumulation of heavy metals in fish in Chittagong, presented in 12th Annual Scientific Conference (ASCON-XII), CVASU, April 26, 2015.
FICM-101: Inorganic Chemistry
PCM-101: Physical Chemistry
OCM-201: Organic Chemistry
FCM-202: Food Chemistry
WME-301: Waste Management and Environmental Science
FBT-302: Fermentation and Beverage Technology
FSH-302: Food Safety and Hygiene
FAD-501: Food Additives
WMI-501: Waste Management in Food Industry
PDM-502: Product Development and Project Management
Md. Raihan Uddin Sajib
Kazi Jahnatul Wakeya
Sk. Tashrif Uddin
Md. Mokaddes Ali
Mohammad Shaokat Ali
Md. Rabiul Islam
Mohammad Ariful Islam
Md. Shihab Rahman