Mr. Sohel Rana
|Name of Degree||Institution||Country|
|B.Sc.Ag.(Hons.)||Bangladesh Agricultural University||Bangladesh|
|MS in Agricultural Extension Education||Bangladesh Agricultural University||Bangladesh|
1) Rahman, M.H. and S. Rana. 2016. Need Assessment of Veterinary Services in Some Selected Rural Areas of Bangladesh. Indian Journal of Applied Research, 6(3):341-343. DOI: 10.15373/2249555X
2) Kamruzzaman, M., M.A. Islam, S. Rana and M. Rashid. 2015. Survival Strategies of Female Workers: A Study in a Tea Garden of Bangladesh. Universal Journal of Agricultural Research, 3(5):150-154. DOI: 10.13189/ujar.2015.030502
3) Rana, S. and M.H. Rahman. 2014. Animal Health Services: Extent of Availability in Some Selected Rural Areas of Bangladesh. Bangladesh Journal of Veterinary Medicine, 12(2):173-177.
4) Imtiaz, M.A. and S. Rana. 2014. Problems Faced by The Small Scale Dairy Owners in Receiving Veterinary Services in Selected Areas of Chittagong. Bangladesh Journal of Veterinary Medicine, 12(1):63-65
5) Rahman, M.H. and S. Rana. 2013. Farmer’s Constraints in Receiving Animal Health Services in Rural Areas of Bangladesh. Bangladesh Journal of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, 2:20-26
6) Rahman, M.H. and S. Rana. 2013. Credibility of Animal Health Service Providers in Some Selected Areas of Bangladesh. Bangladesh Journal of Extension Education, 25(1&2):79-84.
7) Halim, M.A., S. Rana., J.U. Ahmed., T. Imam., N. Akter., and J. Begum. 2012. Economic Analysis of Goat Rearing Under Moderate and Ultra Poor Household Level in Rural Areas of Bangladesh. Bangladesh Journal of Progressive Science & Technology, 10(1):105-108.
8) Rana, S., M.N. Islam and M.H. Rahman. 2010. Disaster Management Ability of Farmers in a Selected Haor Area of Kishoreganj District. Journal of Environmental Science & Natural Resources, 3(1):157-161.
9) Rahman, M.H., F. Khatun, A.H. Munna and S. Rana. 2010. Food Security Strategies Followed by the Ultra Poor Households in Two Flood Prone Areas of Bangladesh. Journal of Environmental Science & Natural Resource, 3(1): 7-10.
10) Rana, S., M.H. Rahman and M.N. Islam. 2009. Food Security Strategies Followed by the Farmers of a Disaster Prone Haor Area of Kishoreganj District. Bangladesh Journal of Extension Education, 21(1&2):133-140.
|Lecturer||20 October 2011||01 March 2014|
|Assistant Professor||02 March 2014||Present|
Agricultural extension and rural development
Technology transfer in agriculture
ICT in agriculture
1) Professional Training on Disaster Management, Dept. of Agricultural Extension Education, Bangladesh Agricultural University (Financed by CDMP-MoFDM), 24-28 October 2009.
2) Foundation Training for University Teachers, Graduate Training Institute, Bangladesh Agricultural University (Sponsored by University Grants Commission of Bangladesh), 12 May to 10 June 2013
Research Project Work Experience
1) Worked as Research Fellow in a FAO funded research project entitled, Ultra Poor Households’ Flood Coping Strategies towards Food Security in Two Flood Prone Regions, from November 2008 to October 2009.
2) Worked as Research Assistant in an IFAD-PKSF funded research project entitled, Need Assessment on Veterinary Services: Availability and Cost of Animal Health Services in MFTS Project Areas, from November 2009 to October 2010.
Research fellowship awarded for MS research work (July- December Semester, 2009) from Comprehensive Disaster Management Programme (CDMP), a UNDP managed programme under the Ministry of Food and Disaster Management, Government of Peoples’ Republic of Bangladesh.
Life member, Bangladesh Agricultural Extension Society(BAES)