Mr. Subrata Kumar Ghosh
Department of Fishing and Post Harvest Technology,
Faculty of Fisheries,
Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University
Subrata Kumar Ghosh comes of a noble family from Pabna district. He is the only son of Subal Chandra Ghosh and Champa Rani Ghosh. He has proved his academic excellence since the beginning of his early academic life. He completed his SSC from Sagarkandi Reaz Uddin High School in 2006 and HSC from Rajshahi Govt. City College in 2008 with brilliant result. In 2010, he got himself admitted to one of the leading universities in Agricultural science named Bangladesh Agricultural University and achieved B. Sc. Fisheries (Hon’s.) in 2013 and MS in Fisheries Technology in 2015 with bright result.
He started his career as a Lecturer in the Department of Fishing and Post Harvest Technology, Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University since April 2015 and holds the same position at present. He has immense research interests the areas of preparation of fish peptides and their functional properties analysis, anti-oxidant properties of fishutilization of by-products in value added product development, frozen fish and shrimp processing, biochemical and microbial analysis of fish.
Mr. Subrata has a strong record of research in his area that includes publications of a number of papers in the reputed journals.
1) Ghosh SK, Ahmmed MK, Ahmed SI, Ahsan MK and Kamal M (2015): Study on the Socio-economic Conditions of the Fishermen in Teknaf: Research in Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries. Vol-2, No-3, 483-489. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3329/ralf.v2i3.26172.
2) Ahmed SI, Ahmmed MK, Ghosh SK, Islam MM and Shahjahan M (2015): Histo-architectural Changes of Intestinal Morphology in Zebra Fish (Danio rerio)Exposed to Sumithion.Research in Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries. Vol-2, No-3, 499-506. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3329/ralf.v2i3.26174.
3) Ahsan MK, Runa NS, Ghosh SK, Hasan MM and Kamal M(2016): “Socio-economic condition of fishermen and intermediaries involved in marine fish marketing chain in Cox’s Bazar area, Bangladesh”. Asian Journal of Medical and Biological Research. Asian J. Med. Biol. Res. 2016, 2 (1), 67-73. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3329/ajmbr.v2i1.27571.
4) Ahsan MK, Ghosh SK, Runa NS, Hasan MM and Kamal M (2016): “Study on Marketing Channel and Value Chain Analysis of Some Commercially Important Marine Fish Species Available in Cox’s Bazar Area, Bangladesh”. Vol. 3, No. 1, April 2016: 195-201. DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.3329/ralf.v3i1.27878.
5) Ghosh SK, Ahsan MK, Ahmmed MK, Ahmed SI,Hasan MM and Kamal M (2016): Catch Assessment of Artisanal Marine Fishing Gears in Cox’s Bazar and Teknaf. (Accepted in the Journal of Progressive Agriculture).
6)Ahsan MK, Ghosh SK, Runa NS, Hasan MM and Kamal M (2016): Marketin Channel and Value Chain Analysis of Bombay Duck and Ribbon Fish in Cox’s Bazar Area, Bangladesh. (Accepted in the Journal of Progressive Agriculture).
1) One year and three months of research experiences in Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Chittagong as a Lecturer and Researcher.
2) Six months research experience as principal investigator of the project entitled “Fish peptide powder from low-cost aquaculture fish species and determination of its nutritional profile” funded by University Grant Commission (UGC) from January, 2016 to June, 2016.
3) Research Assistant: From January 2014 to June 2015 on a research project entitled “Production and Quality Evaluation of Dried Thai Pangas (Pangasianodon hypophthalmus)” funded by the Department of Fisheries Technology, Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh.
4) Research Assistant: From January 2016 till date on a research project entitled “Improvement of soft shell mud crab (Scylla serrata) in Bangladesh” funded by Bangladesh Fisheries Research Institute (BFRI).
5) Principal investigator: From January 2014 to June 2016 on “Catch Assessment of Some Artisanal Marine Fishing Gears and Socio-economic Conditions of the Fishermen in Cox’s Bazar and Teknaf" funded by the Department of Fisheries Technology, Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh.
Training and Workshops
|Training/ Workshop on||Institute||Duration|
|Training on “Quality Management and Value Addition in Fish and Shrimp Processing in Bangladesh” Funded UNU-FTP Programme and MATIS.||Marine Fisheries Academy
|8-12 May, 2016|
|13th Annual International Scientific Conference on “Promoting Food Safety, One Health and Blue Economy”.||Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Chittagong||25-26th April, 2016|
|Training on “Basics of MS Office”||Graduate Training Institute, Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh.||16-27 February, 2014|
|Training on “ Teaching Methods for University Teacher”||Graduate Training Institute, Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh.||5-20 February, 2016|
|Workshop on Syllabus Development for Undergraduate and MS Level||Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Chittagong.||23-24 February, 2016|
QCF-401: Quality Control of Fish and Fishery Products
MFC-201: Marine Food Chemistry
HPF-102: Handling and Preservation of Fish
FTE-101: Fishing Technology
Not started in the department yet.
Mohammad Redwanur Rahman
Nayeema Ferdausy Hoque
Sazeed Mehrab Souhardya
Shahida Arfine Shimul