DR. Suchandan Sikder
Department of Medicine and Surgery,
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine,
Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University
Dr Suchandan Sikder is a graduate of Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University Chittagong, Bangladesh. He obtained his Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) in 2009 and Master of Science (MS Medicine) in 2011. He joined as a Lecturer in the Department of Medicine and Surgery at CVASU in 2010 and worked as an Assistant Professor from 2012 to 2018. He was promoted to Associate Professor on March 2018.
In 2014 he obtained the highly prestigious and competitive Endeavour Scholarship from the Australian Government and conducted his PhD research in Microbiology and Immunology at James Cook University, Australia (2014-2018). His research interests are in the field of microbial immunity.
1) Sikder S, NL Williams, Sorenson AE, Alim MA, Vidgen ME, Moreland NJ, Rush CM, Simpson RS, Govan BL, Norton RE, Cunningham MW, McMillan DJ, Sriprakash KS and N Ketheesan. Group G streptococcus induces an autoimmune IL-17A/IFN-γ mediated carditis in the Lewis rat model of Rheumatic Heart Disease. Journal of Infectious Diseases: PMID: 29236994. Accepted as Cover Photo.
2) Gorton D, S Sikder, NL Williams, L Chilton, CM Rush, BL Govan, MW Cunningham and N Ketheesan. Repeat exposure to group A streptococcal M protein exacerbates cardiac damage in a rat model of rheumatic heart disease. Autoimmunity, In Press.
3) Rush CM, BL Govan, S Sikder, NL Williams and N Ketheesan. Animal models to investigate the pathogenesis of rheumatic heart disease. Front Pediatr 2:116. Epub 2014/11/22. doi: 10.3389/fped.2014.00116. PubMed PMID: 25414841
4) Sikder S, AKMA Rahman, MR Faruque, MA Alim, S Das, AD Gupta, BC Das, MI Uddin and MAM Prodhan. Bovine Brucellosis: An Epidemiological Study at Chittagong, Bangladesh. Pak Vet J, 32 (4): 499-502. pvj.com.pk/in_press/11-347.pdf
5) Sikder S, AME Rahman, UK Rima, MA Alim, S Das, BC Das and MR Faruque. Equine Diseases: A Retrospective Prevalence Study in Farm Conditions in Bangladesh. Wayamba Journal of Animal Science. DOI Number 1329045675. www.wayambajournal.com/papers/1329045675.php
6) Sikder S, SMM Rahman, MA Alim and S Das. Haematological variations in Brucella abortus Antibody Positive Cross-bred Cattle at Chittagong, Bangladesh. YYU Vet Fak Derg, 23 (3), 125-128. http://vfdergi.yyu.edu.tr/archive/2012/23-/2012_23_%283%29