DR. Suchandan Sikder
Department of Medicine and Surgery,
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine,
Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University
SuchandanSikder studied Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) and MS in Medicine from Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Chittagong, Bangladesh. Currently he is undertaking PhD in Microbiology and Immunology at James Cook University, Australia and received highly prestigious Endeavour scholarship.
Mr. Sikder joined as a Lecturer in the Dept. of Medicine and Surgery, CVASU in 2010 and serving as an Assistant Professor since 2012. His research interests are in the areas of microbial immunity.
1) 2016: Gorton D, S Sikder, NL Williams, L Chilton, CM Rush, BL Govan, MW Cunningham and N Ketheesan. Repeat exposure to group A streptococcal M protein exacerbates cardiac damage in a rat model of rheumatic heart disease. Autoimmunity, In Press.
2) 2014: Rush CM, BL Govan, S Sikder, NL Williams and N Ketheesan. Animal models to investigate the pathogenesis of rheumatic heart disease. Front Pediatr 2:116. Epub 2014/11/22.doi: 10.3389/fped.2014.00116. PubMed PMID: 25414841
3) 2012:Sikder S, AKMA Rahman, MR Faruque, MA Alim, S Das, AD Gupta, BC Das, MI Uddin and MAM Prodhan. Bovine Brucellosis: An Epidemiological Study at Chittagong, Bangladesh. Pak Vet J, 32 (4): 499-502. pvj.com.pk/in_press/11-347.pdf
4) 2012:Sikder S, AME Rahman, UK Rima, MA Alim, S Das, BC Das and MR Faruque. Equine Diseases: A Retrospective Prevalence Study in Farm Conditions in Bangladesh. Wayamba Journal of Animal Science.DOI Number 1329045675.
5) 2012:Sikder S, SMM Rahman, MA Alim and S Das. Haematological variations in Brucella abortus Antibody Positive Cross-bred Cattle at Chittagong, Bangladesh. YYU Vet Fak Derg, 23 (3), 125-128. http://vfdergi.yyu.edu.tr/archive/2012/23-/2012_23_%283%29_