Mr. Suvanker Saha
Dept. of Applied Chemistry and Chemical Technology,
Faculty of Food Science and Technology,
Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University
Suvanker Saha completed his B.Sc (Hon’s) and M.S. degree in Applied Chemistry and Chemical Engineering department from University of Dhaka, Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh. He was awarded the prestigious Commonwealth Shared Scholarship to pursue masters from University of Exeter, UK.
He started his career as a Lecturer Since June 2014 in the Department of Applied Chemistry and Chemical Technology, CVASU. He has research interests in wastewater treatment, sustainable environmental assessment & management, rainwater harvesting & grey water recycling, life cycle analysis, carbon & water foot print and use of computational tools & models in environmental sector.
Mr. Suvanker has a strong record of research in his area that includes publications of a number of papers in the reputed local and international journal.
1) Fahad Bin Quader, Ruhul Amin Khan, Md. Ashraful Islam, Suvanker Saha & Kazi Nazira Sharmin, (2015): Development and Characterization of a Biodegradable Colored Film Based on Starch and Chitosan by Using Acacia Catechu: Journal of Environmental Science & Natural Resources: Vol-8, No-2, 123-130. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3329/jesnr.v8i2.26878.
2) Md. Ashraful Islam, Shamsul Morshed, Suvanker Saha, Fahad Bin Quader, & Md. Kauser-Ul-Alam, (2015): Evaluation of Nutritive Value of Mango Juices Found in Bangladeshi Markets: Journal of Environmental Science & Natural Resources: Vol-8, No-1, 95-98. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3329/jesnr.v8i1.24679.
3) Md. Shahruzzaman, Suvanker Saha , Dipti Saha* (2015): A Statistical Study of tert.- methylcyclohexylation of O-Cresol: Dhaka University Journal of Applied Science and Engineering.
4) Md. Shahruzzaman, Dipti Saha*, Suvanker Saha (2015): Application of Statistical Design to tert.-Methylcyclohexylation of m-Cresol in the Presence of Perchloric Acid: Dhaka University Journal of Applied Science and Engineering.
5) Nousin Akter, Suvanker Saha, Farah M. J. Hossain, Fahad B. Quader, Poonam Alamgir, Ruhul A. Khan, (2013): Modification & characterization of biodegradable Chitosan/ Starch-based films with monomer 1,4-Butanediol diacrylate (BDDA) by gamma radiation: Journal of Research Updates in Polymer Science. Volume-2, No-3. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.6000/1929-5995.2013.02.03.3.
6) Suvanker Saha, Dipti Saha*, Md. Kabir Hossain, (2013): A Mathematical Model for the Indanylation of Phenol with Indene in the Presence of Perchloric Acid: Dhaka University Journal of Applied Science and Engineering.
7) Swapan K Ray, Partha Saha, HP Nur, Dipti Saha, Amirul Hoque & Suvanker Saha (2013): Study on the preparation of Polymer-grafted Coconut fibre-based adsorbent & its application to remove a Reactive dye from aqueous solution: Bangladesh Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research. Volume-48, No-4, 271-280. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3329/bjsir.v48i4.18277.
8) Suvanker Saha, Partha Saha, Dipti Saha, Dr. Husna Parvin Nur, Swapan Kumer Ray & M. Amirul Hoque, (2012): Study on Synthesis of Polyacrylamide-grafted-Raw Jute, its characterization and performance on Textile Reactive Dye effluents: Dhaka University Journal of Applied Science and Engineering.
PCM-101: Physical Chemistry
STH-302: Technology of Sugar & Sugar Products
FQA-401: Food Quality Control & Assurance
FQM-501: Food Quality Management
FAI-501: Food Analysis & Instrumentation
AEC-502: Applied Engineering Chemistry