Ms. Taslima Ahmed
|Name of Degree
||Grade / CGPA
|MS in Applied Human Nutrition and Dietetics
||Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University
||2016||Result: A (3.92 out of 4.00) 1st Position in Merit|
|B.Sc. (Hon’s) in Food Science and Technology||Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University
||2014||Result: A (3.87 out of 4.00) 3rd Position in Merit
Taslima Ahmed joined as Lecturer in Department of Applied food Science and nutrition of Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (CVASU), Bangladesh in 2017 and involving with studies and research related to food science, technology, food quality and nutrition.
1) Ahmad M., Islam M.S., Sarwar N., Kobra K.T., Hoque M.M., Junayed M., Mamun A.A. Morshed S. and Ahmed T.Microbial safety of drinking jar water and antimicrobial resistant pattern against Escherichia Coli in jar water at Chittagong, Bangladesh. International Food Research Journal (IFRJ) (Accepted).
2) Sarwar, N., Akther, S., Ahmed, T., Sharmin, K. N., Ahmad, M., Hossain, M. A., Akter, F. and Alam, M. K. 2016. Determination of major constituents in Commercial Brands of Carbonated soft drinks. European Academic Research Journal, 4(5): 5029-5043.http://euacademic.org/UploadArticle/2738.pdf
3) Begum,A., Sharmin,K.N., Hossain M.A.,Yeasmin,N., and Ahmed,T. 2017. Nutritional status of adolescent girls in a rural area of Bangladesh: A cross sectional study. Bangladesh Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research, 52(3): 221-228 https://www.banglajol.info/index.php/BJSIR/article/view/34158
4) Alam,M.J.,Akther,M.S.,Begum,M.A.,Matin,A.,Ahmed,T.2017.Physicochemiocal and microbiological properties of some portable water samples available in Chittagong area. Bangladesh Journal of Veterinary and Animal Sciences,5(1):67-72
1) Compositional analysis of food and food products.
2) Innovation of novel food products to combat nutritional deficiency
3) Management of malnutrition
4) Nutritional assessment
5) Food and nutritional care in different disease condition
6) Food security and safety regarding public health issues
7) Nutraceutical Food developmentand nutritional value analysis
8) Instrumental food analysis with UV/Vis spectroscopy, Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy (AAS), High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), Gas Chromatography (GC), Gas chromatography–mass spectrometry (GC-MS), Liquid chromatography–mass spectrometry (LC-MS), Flame photometer etc.
1) 3rd National Conference on “Natural Science & Technology” 15-16th April, 2016 at Asian University for Women (AUW), Chittagong, Bangladesh.
2) 13thAnnual Scientific Conference on “Promoting Food Safety, One Health and Blue Economy” 2-3rd April, 2016 at Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University(CVASU), Chittagong, Bangladesh.
3) 14th Annual Scientific Conference on “Achieving SDGs for Bangladesh-Integrating Livestock and fisheries resources to ensure food safety and security” 1st-2nd, April, 2017 at Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (CVASU), Chittagong, Bangladesh.
1) Determination of physiochemical characteristics of different branded soybean oil avialable in chittagong- Funded by CSAR -CVASU. Fiscal Year: 2016-17
2) Effect of Processing Conditions on Proximate and Selected Mineral Composition of Cereal and Legume flours (Co-investigator)-Funded by University Grants Commission -Government of the People's Republic of Bangladesh. Fiscal Year: 2016-2017(Ongoing)
Training/ Seminar/ Workshops
1) “Training on Teaching methods and Techniques”29/12/2017-02/01/2018 organized by IQAC, Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (CVASU), Chittagong, Bangladesh
2) “Hands on Training on Clinical and molecular Biology Techniques in disease diagnosis” 3- 5 December, 2017. Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (CVASU), Chittagong, Bangladesh.
3) “Training and Workshop on Curriculum Development and Teaching Methodologies”4th November, 2017 organized by IQAC, Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (CVASU), Chittagong, Bangladesh.
4) Training course on “Quality Control & Unit Operation in Food Industries” 28/02/2015- 25/03/2015 from “Training Institute for Chemical Industries (TICI)” the central training institute of BCIC, Polash, Narsingdi, Dhaka.
5) Training on “Molecular Basis of Nutrition-Related Diseases” (Advanced Online Course). February 2015 to April 2015 organized by IVERSITY, University of Potsdam, Germany.
6) Training on “Nutrition and Health Part 1: Macronutrients and Overnutrition” (Advanced Online Course).-organized by edx, Wageningen University & Research, Netherland.
7) Training on “Nutrition and Health Part 2: Micronutrients and Malnutrition” (Advanced Online Course).-organized by edx, Wageningen University & Research, Netherland.
EFS 101 Elementary Food Science 2+0
APD 302 Applied Dietetics 1+1