Department of Applied Chemistry and Chemical Technology
Faculty of Food Science and Technology
Chemical and Environmental instructor at Department of Applied Chemistry and Chemical Technology, Chattogram Veterinary and Animal Sciences University. Completed B.Sc (Hon’s) and M.S. degree in Applied Chemistry and Chemical Engineering department from University of Dhaka, Bangladesh. Have proven hands on experience in chemical and environmental sector, and a good track record of successful project implementation, research and development. Also has research interests in wastewater treatment, sustainable environmental assessment & management, life cycle analysis, carbon & water foot print and use of computational tools & models in environmental sector.
|•||Assistant Professor in Applied Chemistry and Chemical Technology, Chattogram Veterinary and Animal Sciences University from Oct. 5, 2016 to Present|
|•||Lecturer in Applied Chemistry and Chemical Technology, Chattogram Veterinary and Animal Sciences University from June 29, 2014 to Oct. 5, 2016|
|Course Name||Course Code||Department|
|Technology of Sugar and Sugar Products||STH-302||Faculties|
|Waste Management and Environmental Science||WME-301||Faculties|
|Course Name||Course Code||Department|
|Applied Engineering Chemistry||AEC-502||Faculties|
|Food Analysis & Instrumentation||FAI-501||Faculties|
|Food Quality Management||FQM-501||Faculties|
Graduated from Department of Applied Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh. Also completed higher studies from Center for Water Systems, University of Exeter, UK.
Commonwealth Shared Scholarship 2012-2013 awarded by the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission under Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan.
Transportation of Arsenic & other heavy metals in the food chain and management of these bearing solid wastes.
1) Shamima Ahmed, Mohammad Shaokat Ali, Afifa Siddiqua, Taslima Noor & Suvanker Saha, (2018): Assessment of quality parameters and heavy-metal contamination of common instant noodles sold in Bangladesh: Bangladesh Journal of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Vol.6, No. 1&2.
2) Mohammad Shaokat Ali, Suvanker Saha, Shamima Ahmed, Md. Forhad Uddin & NilufaYeasmin, (2016): Spectroscopic analysis of heavy metal in frozen shrimp from different seafood processing plants of Chittagong, Bangladesh: Asian Journal of Medical Biological Research. 2 (4), 513-517; doi: 10.3329/ajmbr.v2i4.30990.
3) Fahad Bin Quader, Ruhul Amin Khan, Md. Ashraful Islam, Suvanker Saha & Kazi Nazira Sharmin, (2015): Development and Characterization of a Biodegradable Colored Film Based on Starch and Chitosan by Using Acacia Catechu: Journal of Environmental Science & Natural Resources: Vol-8, No-2, 123-130.
4) Md. Ashraful Islam, Shamsul Morshed, Suvanker Saha, Fahad Bin Quader, & Md. Kauser-Ul-Alam, (2015): Evaluation of Nutritive Value of Mango Juices Found in Bangladeshi Markets: Journal of Environmental Science & Natural Resources: Vol-8, No-1, 95-98. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3329/jesnr.v8i1.24679.
5) Md. Shahruzzaman, Suvanker Saha , Dipti Saha* (2015): A Statistical Study of tert.- methylcyclohexylation of O-Cresol: Dhaka University Journal of Applied Science and Engineering.
6) Md. Shahruzzaman, Dipti Saha*, Suvanker Saha (2015): Application of Statistical Design to tert.-Methylcyclohexylation of m-Cresol in the Presence of Perchloric Acid: Dhaka University Journal of Applied Science and Engineering.
7) Nousin Akter, Suvanker Saha, Farah M. J. Hossain, Fahad B. Quader, Poonam Alamgir, Ruhul A. Khan, (2013): Modification & characterization of biodegradable Chitosan/ Starch-based films with monomer 1,4-Butanediol diacrylate (BDDA) by gamma radiation: Journal of Research Updates in Polymer Science. Volume-2, No-3. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.6000/1929-5995.2013.02.03.3
8) Suvanker Saha, Dipti Saha*, Md. Kabir Hossain, (2013): A Mathematical Model for the Indanylation of Phenol with Indene in the Presence of Perchloric Acid: Dhaka University Journal of Applied Science and Engineering.
9) Swapan K Ray, Partha Saha, HP Nur, Dipti Saha, Amirul Hoque & Suvanker Saha (2013): Study on the preparation of Polymer-grafted Coconut fibre-based adsorbent & its application to remove a Reactive dye from aqueous solution: Bangladesh Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research. Volume-48, No-4, 271-280. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3329/bjsir.v48i4.18277.
10) Suvanker Saha, Partha Saha, Dipti Saha, Dr. Husna Parvin Nur, Swapan Kumer Ray & M. Amirul Hoque, (2012): Study on Synthesis of Polyacrylamide-grafted-Raw Jute, its characterization and performance on Textile Reactive Dye effluents: Dhaka University Journal of Applied Science and Engineering.