Institutional Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
To ensure and enhance the quality of higher education, the Institutional Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) has been established in Chattogram Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (CVASU) since 2016. Subsequently, to perform and achieve the goals of Quality Assurance (QA), the University Grants Commission of Bangladesh (UGC) has approved a Uniform Organogram of the IQACs.
Objective(s) of IQAC of CVASU
To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of CVASU.
To undertake measures for quality enhancement and excellence in teaching-learning through internationalization as well as to institutionalize the best practices of QA activities.
Function(s) of IQAC
Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of CVASU.
Facilitating the establishment of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
Dissemination of information on various quality benchmarks/parameters of higher education.
Take initiatives to develop a culture conducive to securing position in World University Rankings.
Organizing inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars, consultative dialogues on quality related themes for promotion of quality culture.
Documentation of various programs/activities leading to quality improvement.
Acting as a nodal agency of the universities for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of the best practices.
Preserving and forwarding the Self-Assessment Report and Peer Review Report to the Quality Assurance Committee (QAC) and the UGC.
Coordinating and facilitating external review process.
Providing administrative and financial support to carry-out the self-assessment exercise.
Developing and maintaining institutional database through Management Information System (MIS) for the purpose of maintaining and enhancing the institutional quality.
Undertaking measures for feedback from students, parents and other relevant stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
Preparing the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters set by the UGC, to be submitted to the Commission.
Composition of Quality Assurance Committee (QAC)
In order to look after the key issues of quality assurance activities of the IQAC, the Quality Assurance Committee (QAC) is constituted in CVASU. The IQAC shall report to the Vice Chancellor (VC) and be supervised by the University’s QAC. The composition of the QAC shall be as follows:
1. Vice Chancellor (Chair)
2. All Deans
3. Director of IQAC
4. Director(s) of all institutes of the university, those are not under any Faculty of Dean
5. An Expert/Representative nominated by the UGC
6. Any other two senior academics with remarkable contribution in the field of Teaching Learning (TL) (preferably one of the former Directors/Addl. Directors of IQAC) appointed by the Syndicate nominated by the Vice-Chancellor
7. Registrar of the university
8. Director of Finance and Accounts of the university
9. An Additional Director of IQAC shall be the Member-Secretary of QAC (in cases of more than one Additional Director, the Vice-Chancellor shall nominate the Member-Secretary).
Composition of Faculty Quality Assurance Committee (FQAC)
In order to implement the decisions taken by the QAC on key issues of quality assurance at faculty and/or department, the Faculty Quality Assurance Committee (FQAC) is constituted in CVASU. The Program Self Assessment Committee (PSAC) shall report the Dean and be supervised by the FQAC. The composition of FQAC shall be as follows:
1. Dean of the Faculty (Chair)
2. Two Deans from other faculties of the university
3. All Heads of the Departments under the faculty
Composition of Program Self Assessment Committee (PSAC)
In order to periodic self assessment of the program(s), monitoring of activities taken under Process Management (PM) and Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI), there is a Program Self Assessment Committee (PSAC) in each Faculty. The composition of the PSAC shall be as follows:
1. Dean of faculty nominated by the academic committee (Chair)
2. Two other faculty members nominated by the academic committee.