|Ms. Sumi Akter|
Department of Marine Bioresource Science
Faculty of Fisheries
Ms. Sumi Akter obtained her B.Sc. Fisheries (Hon’s) during 2016 from Faculty of Fisheries, Chattogram Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (CVASU), Chattogram, Bangladesh. She also obtained the Master of Science degree program in Marine Bioresource Science under the Department of Marine Bioresource Science, CVASU. With the encouragement of her passion and interest; she started her career as a Lecturer of Marine Bioresource Science Department, CVASU since 11 November 2017. Currently, she had been upgraded to Assistant Professor. Prior to fascination about water and ocean, her M.S. thesis research was focused on the “Estimation of Food and Feeding Habit of Green Mussel (Perna viridis) in relation with food abundance between gut content and sea water in Moheshkhali Channel, Coxsbazar, Bangladesh”. As being very young for her profession, she wants to develop her skill and expertise in the area of marine biology, marine conservation and management, mangrove and reef fisheries in near future.
|•||Assistant Professor in Department of Marine Bioresource Science, Chattogram Veterinary and Animal Sciences University from Dec. 8, 2019 to Present|
|•||Lecturer in Marine Bioresource Science, Chattogram Veterinary and Animal Sciences University from Nov. 12, 2017 to Dec. 7, 2019|
|Course Name||Course Code||Department|
|Marine Biology, Marine Fisheries Management||MBI-201, MFM-302||Department of Marine Bioresource Science|
|Course Name||Course Code||Department|
|Tropical Marine Biology, Marine Ecological Dynamics||TMB-501, MED-502||Department of Marine Bioresource Science|
|M.S. in Marine Bioresource Science||Dept. of Marine Bioresource science, CVASU||3.96 out of 4.00||Chattogram Veterinary and Animal Sciences University|
|B.Sc. Fisheries (Hons.)||Faculty of Fisheries, CVASU||3.98 out of 4.00||Chattogram Veterinary and Animal Sciences University|
|H.S.C in Science||Cumilla Victoria Govt. College||5.00 out of 5.00||Cumilla Board|
|S.S.C. in Science||Bagmara Girls' High School||5.00 out of 5.00||Cumilla Board|
1. Training on "Teaching Methods and Techniques" by IQAC (Institutional Quality Assurance Cell), CVASU. 28-29th December, 2019
2. Training on "Teaching Methods and Techniques" by IQAC (Institutional Quality Assurance Cell), CVASU. 29th December-2nd January, 2018
3. Training on "R Statistical Programming Language" by Department of Agricultural Economics and Social Sciences, CVASU. 19-20 February, 2017
4. Externship Training at UMT-Universiti Malaysia Terengganu, Terengganu, Malaysia. 6th November-5th December, 2016
5. Internship Training at Sea Resources Group, Chattogram.
6. Training on "BFRI Evolved Technology for Fisheries Development" by BFRI(Bangladesh Fisheries Research Institute), Mymensingh. 18-20th October, 2016
7. Internship Training at Halda Fisheries Limited, Kathgor, Chattogram.
8. Internship Training on Fish Curation, CVASU Fisheries Museum, Chattogram.
9. Internship Training at District Fisheries Office, Rangamati, Chattogram.
10. Internship Training at Beximco Fisheries Limited, Cox's Bazar, Chattogram.
11. Training on Fisheries Extension, Rangamati, Chattogram.
1. Member of Bangladesh Krishibid Foundation
2. Member of Bangladesh Fisheries Research Forum
3. Member of CVASU Teachers Association
4. Member of Progotishil Teachers Forum
5. Member of CVASU Alumni Association
1. Principal Investigator of the project "Seasonal variation of nutritional profile and heavy metal content of edible oyster Crassostrea sp. along the coastal region of Bangladesh" funded by UGC through CVASU, From August, 2018 to July, 2019
2. Principal Investigator of the project "Morphological Approach to the Identification, Distribution and Diversity of Fish Species under Clupeidae, Polynemidae and Gobiidae Family in Chattogram Coast" funded by UGC through CVASU, From August, 2019 to July, 2020.
3. Principal Investigator of the project Conservation Concerns of Small- Scale Fisheries: By- Catch Impacts of a Shrimp and Finfish Fishery of Bay of Bengal, Bangladesh coast
a) Chancellor award
b) Prime Minister Gold Medal Award
Akter, S., Noor, A. R., Shakil A., Hoque, N. F. and Asaduzzaman, M. 2019. Seasonal variation of nutritional profiles of green mussel (Perna viridis L.) collected from the coastal areas of Bangladesh. Bangladesh Journal of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, 7(1):50-55. ISSN: 2227-6416
Hoque, N. F.,Chowdhury, P., Noor, A. R., Akter, S., Shakil, A. and Asaduzzaman, M. 2019. Nutritional attributes of oyster Crassostrea madrasensis collected from the coastal regions of Bangladesh. Bangladesh Journal of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, 7(1): 73-78
Asaduzzaman, M., Iehata, S., Akter, S., Kader, A. M., Ghosh, S. K., Khan, M. N. A. and Abol-Munafi, A. B. 2018. Effects of host gut-derived probiotic bacteria on gut morphology, microbiota composition and volatile short chain fatty acids production of Malaysian Mahseer Tor tambroides. Aquaculture Reports, 9: 53-61
Asaduzzaman, M., Noor, A. R., Rahman M. M., Akter, S., Hoque, N. F., Shakil, A. and Wahab, M. A. Reproductive biology and ecology of green mussel Perna viridis: A multidisciplinary approach. Biology 2019, 8, 88
Sultana, T., Ghosh, S. K., Akter, S., Mithu, M. A., Tamzi, N. N., Sidddiki, A. M. A. M. 2019. Nutritional and microbiological assessment of shidal, a semi fermented fish product of Bangladesh. Bangladesh Journal of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, 7(1): 56-64
Shakil, A., Talukder, A., Akter, S., Hoque, N. F. and Asaduzzaman, M. 2019. Experiences and opinions of mollusks fishers in the Cox’s Bazar coast Bangladesh. Bangladesh Journal of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, 7(1): 36-49