|Dr. Subrata Kumar Shil|
Department of Anatomy and Histology
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
|•||Associate professor in Department of Anatomy and Histology, Chattogram Veterinary and Animal Sciences University from Oct. 21, 2019 to Present|
|•||Assistant Professor in Department of Anatomy and Histology, Chattogram Veterinary and Animal Sciences University from March 2, 2014 to Oct. 20, 2019|
|•||Lecturer in Department of Anatomy and Histology, Chattogram Veterinary and Animal Sciences University from Oct. 20, 2011 to March 1, 2014|
|•||Assistant Proctor in Proctor Office, Chattogram Veterinary and Animal Sciences University from Sept. 6, 2015 to Aug. 31, 2016|
|•||Academic council member in Chattogram Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, CVASU from April 1, 2021 to Present|
|Course Name||Course Code||Department|
|Veterinary Gross Anatomy||VGA-101 &102||Department of Anatomy and Histology|
|Veterinary Histology and Embryology||VHE-101 &102||Department of Anatomy and Histology|
|Comparative and Neuro Anatomy||CAN-201||Department of Anatomy and Histology|
|Surgical Anatomy||SUA-302||Department of Anatomy and Histology|
|Course Name||Course Code||Department|
|Histology of Urogenital System||HUS-602||Department of Anatomy and Histology|
|Canine and Feline Anatomy||CFA-601||Department of Anatomy and Histology|
|Comparative Anatomy of Blood Vascular and Lymphatic System||CBS-602||Department of Anatomy and Histology|
|Neuro and Endocrine Anatomy||NEA-602||Department of Anatomy and Histology|
Cell Phone: +8801323884981
Room No. 109, Ground floor,
Yusuf Chowdhury Building,
Department of Anatomy and Histology,
CVASU Khulshi Campus.
2021: Ph.D. in Medical Sciences, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan.
Thesis: Ndufs4 ablation shows an elevated GFAP and a decreased synaptophysin expression in mouse hippocampus.
2012: Master of Science in Anatomy, Chattogram Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Chattogram, Bangladesh.
Thesis: Histological and Morphometric analyses of seasonal testicular variations of Japanese Quail of Bangladesh.
2010: Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM), Chattogram Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Chattogram, Bangladesh.
2002: Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC), Dhaka College, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
2000: Secondary School Certificate (SSC), Boalmari George Academy, Boalmari, Faridpur , Dhaka, Bangladesh
1. MEXT scholarship 2016 by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology Japan for pursuing a Ph.D. degree in Tohoku University (2016-2021).
2. Gold medal award from CVASU for the highest CGPA in MS in Anatomy (2012); awarded on 1st Convocation of CVASU.
3. 2nd Runner-up poster presentation award, 10th ASCON, 6th April, 2013, Chattogram Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (CVASU), Bangladesh.
4. Best performance in Pathology award, 2009 from Department of Pathology and Parasitology, CVASU
Study on efficacy of intratesticular injection hypertonic NaCl and hypertonic CaCl2 salt solution for chemical castration in street dog.
CVASU research grant
Histologic and morphometric analyses of seasonal testicular variations of quail of Bangladesh.
Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA)
1. Registered Veterinarian of Bangladesh Veterinary Council (BVC), Bangladesh (Registration No. 3387)
2. Member of the Bangladesh Veterinary Association (BVA)
3. Member of American Society for Microbiology (ASM)
4. Regular member of One Health, Bangladesh
5. Member of The Japanese Association of Anatomists (JAA)
6. Member of The Molecular Biology Society of Japan (MBSJ)
7. Member of Bangladesh Society for Veterinary Education and Research (BSVER)
8. Member of Bangladesh Agriculturist Association (Krishibid Institution), Bangladesh.
9. Chattogram Veterinary and Animal Sciences University Alumni Association
1. Journals of Universal publishing group (Universal PG)
1. Shil SK, Kagawa Y, Umaru BA, Nanto-Hara F, Miyazaki H, Yamamoto Y, Kobayashi S, Suzuki C, Abe T & Owada Y (2021). Ndufs4 ablation decreases synaptophysin expression in hippocampus. Scientific Reports, 11(1):10969. DOI: 10.1038/s41598-021-90127-4. PMID: 34040028 (IF: 4.379, Q1)
2. Yan S, Kobayashi S, Sekino K, Kagawa Y, Miyazaki H, Shil SK, Umaru BA, Wannakul T & Owada Y (2021). Fatty acid-binding protein 5 controls lung tumor metastasis by regulating the maturation of natural killer cells in the lung. FEBS Letters. DOI: 10.1002/1873-3468.14106. PMID: 33982279. (IF: 3.057, Q1)
3. Umaru BA, Kagawa Y, Shil SK, Arakawa N, Pan Y, Miyazaki H, Kobayashi S, Yang S, Cheng A, Wang Y, Shinoda Y, Kiniwa Y, Okuyama R, Fukunaga K & Owada Y (2021). Ligand Bound Fatty Acid Binding Protein 7 (FABP7) Drives Melanoma Cell Proliferation Via Modulation of Wnt/β-Catenin Signaling. Pharmaceutical Research. 38, 479–490. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11095-021-03009-9. PMID: 33646504. (IF: 3.24, Q1)
4. Kagawa Y, Umaru BA, Shima H, Ito R, Zama R, Islam A, Kanno SI, Yasui A, Sato S, Jozaki K, Shil SK, Miyazaki H, Kobayashi S, Yamamoto Y, Kogo H, Shimamoto-Mitsuyama C, Sugawara A, Sugino N, Kanamori M, Tominaga T, … Owada Y (2020). FABP7 Regulates Acetyl-CoA Metabolism Through the Interaction with ACLY in the Nucleus of Astrocytes. Molecular neurobiology. 57, 4891–4910. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12035-020-02057-3. PMID: 3281220. PMCID:PMC7541391. (IF:4.26, Q1)
5. Kagawa Y, Umaru BA, Shil SK, Hayasaka K, Zama R, Kobayashi Y, Miyazaki H, Kobayashi S, Suzuki C, Katori Y, Abe T & Owada Y (2020). Mitochondrial dysfunction in GnRH neurons impaired GnRH production. Biochemical and biophysical research communications, 530(1), 329–335. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bbrc.2020.07.090. PMID: 32828307. (IF:2.985, Q2)
6. Islam A, Kagawa Y, Miyazaki H, Shil SK, Umaru BA, Yasumoto Y, Yamamoto Y & Owada Y (2019). FABP7 Protects Astrocytes Against ROS Toxicity via Lipid Droplet Formation. Molecular neurobiology, 56(8), 5763–5779. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12035-019-1489-2. PMID: 30680690. (IF:4.26, Q1)
7. Kamizato K, Sato S, Shil SK, Umaru BA, Kagawa Y, Yamamoto Y, Ogata M, Yasumoto Y, Okuyama Y, Ishii N, Owada Y & Miyazaki H (2019). The role of fatty acid binding protein 7 in spinal cord astrocytes in a mouse model of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. Neuroscience, 409, 120–129. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neuroscience.2019.03.050. PMID: 31051217. (IF:3.056, Q2)
8. Kagawa Y, Umaru BA, Ariful I, Shil SK, Miyazaki H, Yamamoto Y, Ogata M & Owada Y (2019). Role of FABP7 in tumor cell signaling. Advances in biological regulation, 71, 206–218. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbior.2018.09.006. PMID: 30245263. (IF:6.99, Q1)
9. Hossain ME, Mohiuddin Shil SK, Kabir MHB, Mahmud SM & Islam KN (2016). Histomorphometrical Characterization of Skin of Native Cattle (Bos indicus) in Bangladesh. American Journal of Medical and Biological Research, 4 (3): 53-65. http://pubs.sciepub.com/ajmbr/4/3/3
10. Ahasan ASM, Quasem MA, Rahman ML, Hasan RB, Kibria ASM & Shil SK (2016). Macroanatomy of the Bones of Thoracic Limb of an Asian Elephant (Elephas maximus). International Journal of Morphology,34(3): 909-917. http://dx.doi.org/10.4067/S0717-95022016000300016 (IF:0.499, Q3)
11. Shil SK, Quasem MA & Rahman ML (2015). Histological and morphometric analysis of testes of adult quail (Coturnix coturnix japonica) in Bangladesh. International Journal of Morphology, 33(1):100-104. http://dx.doi.org/10.4067/S0717-95022015000100017 (IF:0.499, Q3)
12. Islam MN, Shaikat AH, Islam KMF, Shil SK, Akter S, Rahman MM, Hassan MM, Islam A, Khan SA & Furey N (2015). First record of Ratanaworabhansâ€™s Fruit Bat Megaerops niphanae Yenbutra & Felten, 1983 (Chiroptera: Pteropodidae) from Bangladesh. Journal of Threatened Taxa,7(11), 7821-7824. https://doi.org/10.11609/JoTT.o4387.7821-4 (Q3)
13. Shil SK, Ferdows S, Sutradhar BC & Das BC (2014). Topographic anatomy of visceral organs of a Spotted Deer (Axis axis). Research Journal for Veterinary Practitioners, 2(4): 55-57. http://dx.doi.org/10.14737/journal.rjvp/2014/220.127.116.11
14. Barua H, Biswas PK, Olsen KE, Shil SK & Christensen JP (2013). Molecular characterization of motile serovars of Salmonella enterica from breeder and commercial broiler poultry farms in Bangladesh. PloS one, 8(3), e57811. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0057811. PMID: 2348393. PMCID:PMC3590279. (IF:2.87, Q1)
Quasem MA, Rahman ML, Kibria ASMG, Uddin M & Ahasan ASML (2013). Macroanatomy of bones of pelvis and hind limb of an Asian Elephant http://dx.doi.org/10.4067/S0717-95022013000400052 (IF:0.499, Q3)31(4):1473-1478.
Ahasan ASML, Rahman ML, Kibria ASMG, Uddin M & Quasem MA (2013). Studies on the Skeleton of an Indian Rock Python (). , 25 (1): 25-26.
Ahad A, Kibria ASMG, Shaikat AH & Quasem MA (2013). Macroanatomy of Bones of Large Frugivorous Bat (http://epubs.icar.org.in/ejournal/index.php/IJVA). 25 (1): 18-20.
Ahad A, Parvez MA, Noman MAA & Quasem MA (2013). Absence of floating ribs with corresponding thoracic vertebrae of Black Bengal goat (). , 25(2): 117-118
19. Uddin M, Sarker MHR, Hossain ME, Islam MS, Hossain MB & (2013). Morphometric Investigation of Neurocranium in Domestic Cat ( ). 11 (1):69-73
23. Noman MA, Shaikat A, Nath B, Shil S and Hossain M (2011). Incidence and modulating effects of environmental factors on infectious diseases of Black Bengal Goat in Cox’s Bazar district of Bangladesh. YYU Veterier Fakultesi Dergisi 22 (3), 163-167. http://vfdergi.yyu.edu.tr/archive/2011/22-3/2011_22_(3)_163-167.pdf
1. Shil SK, 2021. Ndufs4 ablation shows an elevated GFAP and a decreased synaptophysin expression in mouse hippocampus. PhD Thesis submitted to the Department of Organ Anatomy, Tohoku University, Japan.
2. Shil SK, 2012. Morphometric analysis of seasonal testicular variations of Japanese quail (Coturnix coturnix japonica) in Bangladesh. MS thesis submitted to the Department of Anatomy and Histology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, CVASU, Bangladesh.
Ndufs4 regulates synaptophysin expression in hippocampus. The 126th Annual Meeting of the Japanese Association of Anatomists and the 98th Annual Meeting of the Physiological Society of Japan (March 28, Nagoya University, held online)
https://jsfbs.com/static/pdf/r1_47program.pdfThe 47th Annual Meeting of the Japanese Society of Brain Science (November 21, Tohoku University Kawauchi Kita Campus, Sendai, Japan).
http://www.anatomy.or.jp/file/pdf/journal/area2020/tohoku_66.pdf The 66th Annual Meeting of the Japanese Association of Anatomists, Tohoku-Hokkaido Union Branch (September 5, Iwate Medical University, held online)
Ndufs4 deficiency shows a decreased expression of synaptophysin in hippocampus. The 43rd The Molecular Biology Society of Japan (December 4, Kyoto University, held online)
7. Umaru BA, Kagawa Y, Shil SK, Miyazaki H, Kobayashi S & Owada Y (2020). Fatty acid binding protein 7 (FABP7) / oleic acid interaction potently drives glioma cell proliferation. The 66th Annual Meeting of the Japanese Association of Anatomists, Tohoku-Hokkaido Union Branch (September 5, Iwate Medical University, held online). http://www.anatomy.or.jp/file/pdf/journal/area2020/tohoku_66.pdf
Kagawa Y, Miyazaki H, Umaru BA, Yamamoto Y, Abe T & Owada Y (2019). Role of Ndufs4 in astrocyte mitochondrial morphology and function. Poster presented in the 124th Annual Meeting of the Japanese Association of Anatomists (March, 25-27, Niigata, Japan). http://www.anatomy.or.jp/file/pdf/meet/abstract_124.pdf
11. Nanto F, Misiou A, Shil SK, Abe T & Owada Y (2018). Role of Mitochondrial Respirasome Complex I Constituent Protein Ndufs4 on Astrocyte Mitochondrial Function. The 123rd Annual Meeting of the Japanese Association of Anatomists (March 28, Nippon Medical School, Japan) Musashino). https://organ-anatomy.med.tohoku.ac.jp/%E5%AD%A6%E4%BC%9A%E7%99%BA%E8%A1%A8/2018/
12. Islam A, Kagawa Y, Miyazaki M, Shil SK Owada Y (2018). FABP7 protects astrocyte against ROS toxicity under ROS stress. The 123rd Annual Meeting of the Japanese Association of Anatomists (March 28, Nippon Medical School, Musashino City) https://organ-anatomy.med.tohoku.ac.jp/%E5%AD%A6%E4%BC%9A%E7%99%BA%E8%A1%A8/2018/
13. Misiou A, Nannto F, Shil SK, Abe T & Owada Y (2017). Significance of Ndufs4 in the regulation of astrocyte mitochondrial dynamics and function. 40th Japan Neuroscience Society (July 20, Makuhari Messe, Chiba City) http://www.jnss.org/abstract/neuro2017/meeting_planner/sessiondetail.php?st_id=201711479&u=1625336913&yz=1105.3333740234375
Graduate School of Medicine, Tohoku University, Japan