|DR. Eaftekhar Ahmed Rana|
Department of Microbiology and Veterinary Public Health
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
|•||Lecturer in Department of Microbiology and Veterinary Public Health, Chattogram Veterinary and Animal Sciences University from July 17, 2018 to Present|
|Course Name||Course Code||Department|
|a) Environmental Hygiene and Biosecurity b) General Microbiology c) Food Microbiology d) Systemic Bacteriology and Mycology e) Virology f) Food Hygiene and Veterinary Public Health||EHB-201, GMC-201, SBM-202, VIR-301, VPH-401||Faculties|
|Course Name||Course Code||Department|
|a) Industrial Microbiology b) Vaccinology c) Molecular Microbiology||IMS-601, MMB-602, VCL-602||Faculties|
MS (2017-2019) (Master of Science in Veterinary Micribiology)
Institute: Chattogram Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Chattogram-4225, Bangladesh Discipline: Veterinary Microbiology Major: Veterinary Microbiology + Zoonoses; Main courses: Advance General Microbiology, Advance Systemic Bacteriology and Mycology, Industrial Microbiology, Vaccinology, Advanced Systemic Virology, Avian Microbiology, Molecular Microbiology, Advance Immunology and Serology, Techniques in Microbiology. Thesis title: Investigation for Staphylococcus aureus and Staphylococcus pseudintermedius in Apparently Healthy and Clinically Sick Dogs;
Results: 3.97 (in 4.00 scale), Letter grade: A [Position: 1st], Conferred date: 06 February 2019
DVM (2011-2015) (Doctor of Veterinary Medicine. Final exam held in 2016)
Institute: Chattogram Veterinary and Animal Sciences University Chattogram-4225, Bangladesh. Discipline/Degree: Doctor of Veterinary Medicine Major: Animal health and husbandry and basic sciences Courses:Anatomy, Histology, Physiology; Microbiology, Pharmacology, Toxicology;Pathology, Parasitology, Veterinary Medicine, Veterinary Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Livestock economics and marketing, Genetics and Animal Breeding, Animal science, Animal Nutrition, Dairy science, Poultry Science, Public Health, Agricultural Extension etc.
Projects: (1) Antibiotic Resistance, Microbial and Morphological Changes of Marketed Bovine Liver at Different Time Interval from Chittagong, Bangladesh: A Public Health Concern; (2) Advance Feeding Practice and Synchronous Factors of Cattle Fattening Under Small Scale Farming System During the Eid-al-Adha in Comilla District, Bangladesh.
Results: CGPA: 3.92 (in 4.00 scale), Letter grade: A [Position: 1st], Conferred date: 02 January 2017
HSC 2008-2010 (Higher Secondary)
Institute: Sonar Bangla College, Cumilla, Bangladesh, Degree: Higher Secondary Certificate Major: Science,
Board: Cumilla Board, Bangladesh,
Results: CGPA: 5.00 (in 5.00 scale), Conferred date: 15 July 2010
SSC 2007-2008 (Secondary School )
Institute: Bharashar High School, Cumilla, Bangladesh, Degree: Secondary School Certificate, Major: Science
Board: Cumilla Board, Bangladesh,
Results: CGPA: 5.00 (in 5.00 scale), Conferred date: 26 June 2008
1. Training Program on Disease Control and Pedagogy2019, Organized by National Veterinary Dean Council facilitated by Tufts University and FAO-UN, Bangladesh.
2. Application of “R” statistical package for biological data analyses, Organized by Department of Pathology and Parasitology and Genomics Research Group, Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University during 29th to 31st August, 2019.
3. Clinical Externship and Clinical Training; in Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Chennai, India; Veterinary College and Research Institute (VC& RI), Namakkal, India and Madras Veterinary College, Chennai, India from 15th April to 15th may 2016.
4. 3rd International Training Programme on Theriogenology; in 27th to 29th April 2015 at S. A. Quaderi Teaching Veterinary Hospital, CVASU, Bangladesh.
5. Attending on Molecular tools used for laboratory diagnosis of infectious disease; in 14 September 2017 at Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Bangladesh.
6. Attending on Overview & Safe Use of Laboratory Ventilation Equipment; in 26 April 2017 at Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Bangladesh.
7. Attending on Implementation of One Health and developing laboratory capacities for diagnosis of infectious zoonotic diseases; in 17August 2017 at Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Bangladesh.
8. Molecular Tools Used for Laboratory Diagnosis of Infectious Diseases, 14th September, 2017 facilitated by Assam Agricultural University at CVASU.
1. Exploration of commonly used therapeutic antibiotics and their resistance pattern in clinical and sub-clinical mastitis affected cow in Chittagong, Bangladesh. Funded by the ministry of science and technology for 2018-2019. Role in the project: Principle investigator.
2. Therapeutic Effects of probiotics on clinical and sub-clinical mastitis. Funded by Bangladesh Bureau of Educational Information & Statistics (BANBEIS) for 2019-2021. Role in the project: Co-investigator.
3. Phenotypical and molecular typing of Clostridium perfringens isolated from necrotic enteritis infected broiler chickens. Funded by University Grants Commission of Bangladesh 2019-2020. Role in the project: Principle investigator.
4. Establishment of high throughput multiplex PCR assay for simultaneous rapid detection of bovine and caprine mastitis pathogens. Funded by University Grants Commission of Bangladesh 2020-2021. Role in the project: Principle investigator.
American Society for Microbiology (ASM)
International Society for Infectious Diseases (ISID)
Bangladesh Veterinary Council (Registration No.:4596)
Bangladesh Veterinary Association
One Health Bangladesh (OHB)
Bangladesh Society for Bioinformatics and Computational Biology (BSBCB)
Bangladesh Agriculturist Association (Krishibid Institution), Bangladesh
Bangladesh Avian Veterinarian Association
Chattogram Veterinary and Animal Sciences University Alumni Association
Chattogram Veterinary and Animal Sciences University Teachers Association
Badhan, (a blood donating organization) Chattogram Veterinary and Animal Sciences University Unit
1. Rana EA, Das T, Dutta A, Rahman M, Bostami MB, Akter N, Barua H (2020). Coagulase-positive methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus circulating in clinical mastitic goats in Bangladesh, Veterinary World, 13(7): 1303-1310.
2. Biswas D, Hanif SM, Rana EA, Anower AKMM (2020). A study on udder health management practices, reproductive disorders and subclinical mastitis in buffalo herds in coastal region of Bangladesh. Turkish Journal of Agriculture-Food Science and Technology, 8(8):1662-1667.
3. Dutta A, Islam MZ, Barua H, Rana EA, Jalal MS, Dhar PK, Das A, Das T, Sarma SM, Biswas SK, Biswas PK. Acquisition of Plasmid-Mediated Colistin Resistance Gene mcr-1 in Escherichia coli of Livestock Origin in Bangladesh. Microbial Drug Resistance. 2020 Apr 28.
4. Bari MS, Rana EA, Abid MH, Akter N, Sayeed MA (2018). Prevalence of poultry diseases in winter season in Chittagong and efficacy of challenge vaccine against Newcastle disease. Research in Agriculture Livestock and Fisheries, 5(2): 201-208.
5. Rana EA, Rahman M, Das T, Haque MM, Ahmad M (2018). Histopathological and Molecular Detection of Turkey Pox in Chittagong. Bangladesh. . Journal of Molecular and Genetic Medicine; 12(360):1747-0862.
6. Das T, Hasanuzzaman M, Rana EA, Deb P, Roy SRK, Bari MS (2018). Impact of rice gruel on rumen metabolites and growth performance of sheep. Journal of Advance Veterinary and Animal Research, 5 (4): 432-438.
7. Bari MS, Rana EA, Ahaduzzaman M, Al Masud A, Das T, Hasan T (2018). Hemato-biochemical parameters of Pesti-des Petits Ruminants (PPR) affected goats in Chittagong, Bangladesh. Journal of Advance Veterinary and Animal Research, 5(2):211-217. http://doi.org/10.5455/javar.2018.e270
8. Rahman M, Rana EA, Tanvir MI, Sabuj AAM, Imtiaz MA and Hasan T (2017). A case study on needling technique as a treatment for ocular setariasis in eye of a horse. Asian Journal of Medical and Biological Research, 3 (3): 398-404.
9. Rana EA, Ahaduzzaman MD and Bari MS (2017). Antibiotic Resistance, Microbial and Morphological Changes of Marketed Bovine Liver at Different Time Interval from Chittagong, Bangladesh: A Public Health Concern. Research and Reviews: Journal of Veterinary Sciences, 3(1): 16-23.